Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

hpi savage FLUX....XL revealed

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 01:05 AM
ilikestuff_2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hpi savage FLUX....XL revealed

here is my hpi savage flux i bought two weeks ago. i just recieved it today in the mail from chris lugo hpi racing.i had to send it back to them cause it caught on fire the first time battery s was plugged in.defective esc,anyway hpi thought it was pretty neat.i still have yet to run it (just got home and found it on the porch) but by looking at it somebody had a little fun with it. thanks hpi team for the repairs and the extra goodies you sent me.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89466.jpg
Views:	1079
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	1149982  
Old 03-04-2009, 01:19 AM
ilikestuff_2

Default RE: hpi savage FLUX....XL revealed

heres a nother pic

Name:	Ge94982.jpg
Views:	7442
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	1149985  
Old 03-04-2009, 02:48 AM
Hordsak

Now all those mean nay-sayers are hiding with their tails between their legs haha! Nice! And to the haters, haha OWNED!
Old 03-04-2009, 03:00 AM
spiftacu1ar

ORIGINAL: Hordsak

Now all those mean nay-sayers are hiding with their tails between their legs haha! Nice! And to the haters, haha OWNED!
lol, +1. I told em so. Flaming people for no reason is stoopid.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:09 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice, I have a normal stock Savage Flux - kicks the living crap out of any other electric MT out there.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:35 AM
rhylsadar

there was no way not to cut the tvp where the motor is positioned even with a smaller pinion and spur?

bye
rhylsadar
Old 03-04-2009, 09:46 AM
ilikestuff_2

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha he he he he he he he he he he he .i will say this with 25 43 gearing it is very very tight in the chassis.i will be testing it out this week and if all is well i will be building more if you know what i mean. next project is a 3 speed mod.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:51 AM
TnRCguy

Wow, me likey.....
Old 03-04-2009, 09:58 AM
ezl_oo
My Feedback: (1)

I want to see what the people that were hating on you before about your truck being bs are going to say now...nice truck!!
Old 03-04-2009, 10:13 AM
rhylsadar

i will say this with 25 43 gearing it is very very tight in the chassis.i will be testing it out this week and if all is well i will be building more if you know what i mean. next project is a 3 speed mod.
you got a 43T spur gear?

just a sidenote: multiple speed trannys have been experienced not to hold up very well in brushless trucks. it has been tested many times in revos, savages etc. the only way it seems works is with forkshifting 2speed trannys like in the e maxx etc.

bye
rhylsadar
Old 03-04-2009, 01:19 PM
Hordsak

ORIGINAL: rhylsadar

i will say this with 25 43 gearing it is very very tight in the chassis.i will be testing it out this week and if all is well i will be building more if you know what i mean. next project is a 3 speed mod.
you got a 43T spur gear?

just a sidenote: multiple speed trannys have been experienced not to hold up very well in brushless trucks. it has been tested many times in revos, savages etc. the only way it seems works is with forkshifting 2speed trannys like in the e maxx etc.

bye
rhylsadar
I never thought of this. What is forkshifting? Is that basically locking the tranny in second gear?
Old 03-04-2009, 01:30 PM
rhylsadar

the "fork" is the part that shifts the gears inside the gearbox. so u shift the gear from 1st to 2nd with a servo.

normal nitro multiple speed trannys use a centrifugal clutch. and those work poorly due the enormous immediate torque of electric motors.
tekno rc offers a electric clutch for electric motors which eases the problem a bit. an additional brake servo and no reverse are additional disadvantages.

bye
rhylsadar
Old 03-04-2009, 03:15 PM
hans4811

Watch those MaxAmps batteries....I have used those in my Heli's and they are prone to puffing !!! So don't run em below 3.2v or overcharge em or you'll be replacing em. You might want to check out Zippy lipo's from HobbyCity...they're a TON cheaper and are just as good as MaxAmps, FlightPower, any of em....I've been using em in my Heli's for quite some time with no issues!
Old 03-04-2009, 06:00 PM
ilikestuff_2

yeah they puffed up today after about 25 min of running.i will check oout other soon thanks
Old 03-04-2009, 11:43 PM
ilikestuff_2

thanks for tans info. i am going to give it a try,couple things will need to be changed inside trans,if it does not work i have another way to make it verible speed .
Old 03-05-2009, 12:35 PM
ArancioC5

ORIGINAL: ilikestuff_2

thanks for tans info. i am going to give it a try,couple things will need to be changed inside trans,if it does not work i have another way to make it verible speed .
you said you spent 200 bucks on the xl conversion from stock flux....................bro all you did was cut out the part of the chassis that I stated about a month ago. I could have done that too but guess what........ you just made the right side TVP weak. All you did was buy the Flux motor/ esc and hack up an XL. I am not knocking you, but that was never born a FLUX. Nice try though. Mine wasnt eigther so I am not knocking "building" however what you did is weaken an XL chassis, at least bolt on a support to the top of the right side TVP. As I said, I could have done this over a month ago but realized it was better to wait for HPI to do it. Not to mention the COG is a bit higher on the XL chassis.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:06 PM
ezl_oo
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: ArancioC5

ORIGINAL: ilikestuff_2

you said you spent 200 bucks on the xl conversion from stock flux....................bro all you did was cut out the part of the chassis that I stated about a month ago. I could have done that too but guess what........ you just made the right side TVP weak. All you did was buy the Flux motor/ esc and hack up an XL. I am not knocking you, but that was never born a FLUX. Nice try though. Mine wasnt eigther so I am not knocking "building" however what you did is weaken an XL chassis, at least bolt on a support to the top of the right side TVP. As I said, I could have done this over a month ago but realized it was better to wait for HPI to do it. Not to mention the COG is a bit higher on the XL chassis.

Jealousy is a very bad quality...Just give it up to the guy about his build!!! lol
Old 03-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Brent Davis

ORIGINAL: ezl_oo
Jealousy is a very bad quality...Just give it up to the guy about his build!!! lol
LMAO as I couldn't have said it better. Nothing but negativity towards the conversion. Oh well.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:52 PM
wingedwheel-0420
Banned

i wanan see the vid of it busting in half,cause you cut out a main piece of the tvp,lmao
Old 03-05-2009, 03:53 PM
ArancioC5

ORIGINAL: wingedwheel-0420

i wanan see the vid of it busting in half,cause you cut out a main piece of the tvp,lmao

lmao seriously, YES I AM VERY JEALOUS! So jealous I posted the info on how to do it um.... wow was it that long ago? I think I had the very first XL flux post on any forum and the first person to build one using stock parts in the world so yes, I am very very jealous.

Brent, tell me though, do you also make the Tarzan jungle call when you swing from people's "vines?" Stop living vicariously.

.....talk about sheer genius, i'll be right back guys I'm going to power sand my TVPs so they are 1mm thick so my Flux goes faster......I'll make sure I coin that conversion first!
Old 03-05-2009, 05:29 PM
fabrimacator21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The tvp can be braced very easily.

Also why would you want it to be born a flux? The xl parts are more common and are proven to be durable. Just give the guy his props. Yeah he made a mistake with the tvp but that is fixed very easily (see picture).

I drew the top view upside down. Flip it 180 and it's right. The brace would lap on the outside of the tvp leaving clearence for the motor.

Name:	Jh16405.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	1150928  
Old 03-05-2009, 06:10 PM
MadManAndrew

Arancios right. He didn't "build" anything, he cut out the part of the XL chassis that was in tghe way, weakening the chassis. Now its going to bend the first time he hits something at 50mph. I love the idea of an XL FLUX, but he went about it the completely wrong way.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:19 PM
ArancioC5

You can brace it........I posted that a long time ago also. The XL is just a TVP...it is not "proven strong." I had an XL, I have experience thanks. The brace however is still not 100% as strong as stock. Listen, you can chop the TVP till your blue in the face and I'll sit back untill HPI makes an extended chassis that is Flux based. One thing people forget to mention is WHY DIDNT HE JUST DRILL THE HOLES TO MOUNT THE STOCK BATTERY BOXES INSTEAD OF USING THE PLEXI? Maybe because the XL chassis has an ARCH so if you mount them low and bottom out you will DAMAGE YOUR BATTERY BOXES. There is a very good reason why I didnt modify the stock XL chassis when I was the very FIRST person to own OEM FLUX parts.

Give the guy credit for what exactly? A cut up, weakened(tvp AND batteries) Savage? Wow that pure genius. Again, I smelled a fraud from day 1 and thats what it still is. It would have been different if the guy just said he saw my posts and bought some flux parts like I did and mounted them to a base XL chassis.

I wouldnt care but when you post others read it and he was giving out false info. He lead people to believe that he had something people could/ should copy and all he has is a BAD design that was already warned about by me, but he did not listen and created something less then impressive. I state facts not opinion.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:41 PM
fabrimacator21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The brace however is still not 100% as strong as stock. Listen, you can chop the TVP till your blue in the face and I'll sit back untill HPI makes an extended chassis that is Flux based.
Do it right and it'll be stronger then stock... I do this type of stuff for a living but on a 1:1 scale. I don't see what your gripe is. You keep saying it'll fold in half. If you braced how I drew it with the same thickness aluminum or thicker and a decent amount of screws it'll be as strong or stronger then stock.

Theres fixes for everything. You just have to know how to go about it.

So whats left? Weak battery boxes? Shouldn't be hard to figure out.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Hordsak

lmao seriously, YES I AM VERY JEALOUS! So jealous I posted the info on how to do it um.... wow was it that long ago? I think I had the very first XL flux post on any forum and the first person to build one using stock parts in the world so yes, I am very very jealous.

Brent, tell me though, do you also make the Tarzan jungle call when you swing from people's "vines?" Stop living vicariously.

.....talk about sheer genius, i'll be right back guys I'm going to power sand my TVPs so they are 1mm thick so my Flux goes faster......I'll make sure I coin that conversion first!
Enough of the caca talk. We know enough about our trucks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.