Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

I am soo sick of winter !!!!

Old 03-12-2009, 04:09 PM
BudBud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I am soo sick of winter !!!!

I thought my [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTnA1DP3jhU]XL was cool[/link] in the snow!
Old 03-12-2009, 09:27 PM
nitro rc

ORIGINAL: BudBud

I am not sure I am up to the level of bashing that [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWqcvKck5sY&feature=related]Granby is accustomed[/link] to!
What does that video have to do with granby? Just wondering LOL
Old 03-12-2009, 09:31 PM
BudBud

Granby Colorado, there is a RC video shot there as well.... [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8v-QpOBb1w&feature=related]LOL!!![/link]
Old 03-12-2009, 10:08 PM
mhovanes21

I am not sure I am up to the level of bashing that [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWqcvKck5sY&feature=related]Granby is accustomed[/link] to!
LMAO, that was classic.

MTN:WOW, that thing is sick, I'd love to get picco and have the guys here work their magic on it.....however, with less than 2 gallons through my 2yo X, I've got alot more abuse to dish out on that thing and a lot more learning before I can justify spending the cash
Old 03-12-2009, 11:17 PM
3-172IN MTN

Yeah my XL is pretty much brand new... I traded an extended LCG chassis with BudBud for the XL and my X has about 2 gallons total. I am about to finish my third gallon now and will have two modified Picco motor to run with. There is something about them that makes running just that much more fun. If you want to do a jump you can almost start next to the ramp with no run up and get some good distance.

The 27 I borrowed enticed me to get one for myself, So I hope to be getting that back in a couple weeks ready to go! I am super excited about that one.

Oh well either way I think it just bring up the level of fun for the whole game.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:39 AM
Argess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still snow around here (Nova Scotia, Canada). Maritime weather which is often around the freezing mark in winter, although we can get a couple weeks of -22C weather in February.

As long as it isn't below freezing, I can run my RCs. But my fingers do get cold, and it's hard to control the transmitter with mittens on. I think I need a pair of those gloves with the fingers cut out....like Rocky Balboa has....maybe if the rest of my hands stayed warm, my fingers would be OK.....???

Yes, those southern boys have the weather. I think if I wanted to live in a place where the weather was perfect for me all year long, it would be San Diego. But I'd miss winter. Just that winter is a bit too long................
Old 03-13-2009, 07:24 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: stussman

Move to somewhere warm, simple. I could not live somewhere where the weather sux.
The draw back with that is it is stiffling hot during the summers. 100degrees every day.

At least during the cold, you can put more clothing on.

But in 100+ degreeF heat, you can go buck naked and STILL die from heat exhaustion.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:26 PM
nitro rc

yeah stamford is around 2 hrs from granby. just curious, but how old are you? There are no kids with RC in my town or anybody that i know. The two kids i could have raced and bashed with are now out of the hobby[].
Old 03-13-2009, 08:31 PM
nitro rc

hey, mhovanes21 I am from CT too! how old are you?
Old 03-14-2009, 12:26 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ThunderbirdJunkie lived in Phoenix.

You can keep those 110+ degree days.

He would rather bash in 20 degree weather than 110 degree weather.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:21 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I hear you! 110 defreesF sucks! Im glad I moved away from the desert, despite my griping about the cold so much. I guess this bieng my first non-desert winter is due to I not yet becoming accustomed to the cold yet.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:30 PM
NitroVette

It's finally in the forties and fifties here so we've been taking the electrics out. Maybe 20 years ago I'd run cars when it's freezing but we just set up a nice Scalextric 1/32 slot car track for the winter.

http://www.scalextric-usa.com/

Old 03-14-2009, 04:46 PM
bigwaltc

Weather here in K falls OR is getting better suposto get some rain and snow mix this weekend. Going to my LHS witch is 80 mil away[] to get some fuel.
Bootagy bootagy bootagy Boys lets burn some Nitro [sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 03-14-2009, 07:29 PM
BudBud

60s tomorrow, 70s Monday, 80s Tuesday...... I a sure something is going to be smoking....
Old 03-14-2009, 09:21 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Yes, ThunderbirdJunkie's head if he can't get this stupid .30 straightened out[:@]
Old 03-15-2009, 12:51 PM
HPI_Savage_RC

Still too much snow to run here. Actually, it has been below freezing nearly every day this month, so our snow level has actually increased, which is unfortunately typical for March. Yesterday it reached 5C, but now it is back down to -6C, and this temperature will be maintained for a few days. Hopefully it warms up and the snow melts soon, as I haven't run my Savage since October.

On another note, why do Americans still use the Fahrenheit temperature "scale"? I thought we abolished that ridiculously stupid system ages ago.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:55 PM
BudBud

We tried, but the masses were accustomed to the old system. Today it is supposed to be mid 70s here or around 23C...
Old 03-15-2009, 08:04 PM
SAVAGEJIM

60s tomorrow, 70s Monday, 80s Tuesday...... I a sure something is going to be smoking....
Lucky you!

Where Im at, at least it will be above freezing!

Today, I actually busted out one of my gassers and ran it for a full tank! I was surprised how quirckly I forgot about the cold when I started to run it after it was finally warnd up, that one tank of gasoline lasted me I swear like 45min. (I wish my Savages could run that long on one fill up!)
Terrible, my RX batt actually died (ran out of juice) before the tank was empty!
Old 03-16-2009, 07:17 AM
Argess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HPI Savage RC:

I'm a Canadian. I still know what the difference feels like outside between 78F and 82F. I never seem to know between 25C and 28C. I even keep my temp gauge set to F.

Interestingly I still buy plywood in 4 x 8 foot sheets.

I am getting used to speed in kph, but I convert to mph frequently. I like it better.

I still ask for a 1/2 lb of sliced smoked meat at the deli....forget this 1/4 kg stuff.

And Americans do use the metric system....in the lab where it makes things so much easier.

Just be thankful we don't still use rods, chains, leagues, etc. Or British currency...quid, bob crown, shilling, etc.......nuts!