Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Baja Flux enjoying the Beach

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 12:17 PM
BudBud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Baja Flux enjoying the Beach

I ran paddles front and rear, never had the sand razors for the front. The four wheel drive roosters are kind of cool, but even my nitro trucks speend most of their acceleration time in sand with the front wheels off or very light. I think the front razors are kind of cool. They must get pushed a lot though as they appear to be small that the rear tires. Nice videos, it looks like fin. Thanks for sharing! Glen
Old 06-11-2009, 12:43 PM
DamageIncorporated

^ +1. Love the rooster tails! Here's a shot of mine with paddles all the way around, although you can't seem very well. Personally, I prefer running them all the way around........it doubles the flying sand! Dogs love it too.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14919.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	1216379  
Old 06-11-2009, 12:44 PM
rotzilla

nice vids man. i like the set-up. that beach looks like it would be a blast to run. i see you had another rig there with a different set-up. how did that one run in the sand and do you have any vids of that one running?
Old 06-11-2009, 02:55 PM
ShoestringRacer

Pretty cool. I love running my Savages on the beach as well as most of my other RC's. You don't have to worry about overstressing the motor with paddles on all fours. I've run 4 paddles all around on my Savage but most of the time I run only 2 on the rear. Sometimes I take out the front dogbones to have it in 2wd (I have a video on YouTube of that). Taking out the front dogbonesgives itbetter acceleration too because it has 2 less heavy tires to turn.

Taking out the front dogbones would be a good idea for you because those front tires appear to be a smaller diameter and therefore have less rollout per revolution than the rears so what is happening is your front tires are being "pushed" or "skating" over the ground more than they can turn because the rears have a larger diameter. It doesnt matter really on the sandbecause they are so smooth and there is low traction. And if the diameters aren't a big difference it isnt much to worry about either. But if you run front and rear tires with differing diameters on road without a center differential you are putting a lot of stress on the drivetrain and wear on the tires too for that matter. By taking out the front axels the tires just roll freely.But maybe you took out the front axels and didnt mention.

What wheels are those? They look pretty wide. Is the suspension otherwise stock?
Old 06-13-2009, 01:32 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rotzilla

nice vids man. i like the set-up. that beach looks like it would be a blast to run. i see you had another rig there with a different set-up. how did that one run in the sand and do you have any vids of that one running?

Thanks for the compliment..................

The other rig that was in the video is my 8yr olds Stampede........... It is powered by a Mamba Max ESC, Mamba 5700kvand a 2s 4900mah 7.4v lipo, tires were just stock tires. And yes I do have videoand pics ofit on the sand..........................

Old 06-13-2009, 10:17 AM
BANKRUPTER

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

ORIGINAL: MadManAndrew

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Clean up was very easy with a garden hose.
Are you serious?

Yep.............................dead serious..............................
LOL that's too funny Ive been hosing my stuff for years now no issues. I love how people tweak out at the thought. It even better when your at the track and grab the watering hose with racers watching.

Iwould pull out the front end if your going to run different size wheels. No need to power the front and let the full drive train see the unmatched ratios. just let the front end free spool. My 2 cents... vids and picks look sweet thanks for the share!
Old 06-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Clymer122693

Paddles are the way around are a pita to run unless you want a 20ft turning radius. I've ran paddles on all four corners on revo's in sand and snow and unless you blip the throttle to get it sideways your turning radius is flat out bad! I'm sure with the shark fins (or whatever they are called) on the front he still maintains a decent turning radius....for a savage that is lol I would however pull the front center drive shaft so your not putting more stress on the rear drivetrain Jm2c. Nice pics btw looks like a blast!
Old 06-13-2009, 10:08 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Do not understand why any of this would put more strain on the rear?

The fronts see no forward traction...
Old 06-14-2009, 01:55 AM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Do not understand why any of this would put more strain on the rear?

The fronts see no forward traction...
Very true about the front tires not seeing any forward traction.

The only time the tires saw the ground was either going into a tirn or coming down from a wheelie.

I will be posting more pics and video tomorrow. I have some killer cartwheel pics on gravel.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:05 AM
t9dragon