Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Extended LCG chassis options?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 05:00 PM
Revomad1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended LCG chassis options?

I am aware of FLM and Innovative RC, but are there any other good extended LCG chassis makers out there? If you have an LCG chassis, please post pics to help me make my decision. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:07 PM
rotzilla

Default RE: Extended LCG chassis options?

i dont have a lcg chassis, but i put on the hpi suspension conversion kit and that lowered how the truck sat and helped some with the steering....
Old 06-29-2009, 01:16 AM
spiftacu1ar

flm all the way. Some people say that its extra thickness is invalidated by how much they cout out. what they don't realize is that it doesn't matter. It has more material farther from the center line. The farther fromt he center the material is, the stronger the structure.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:10 AM
BANKRUPTER

Does carbon interest you ? If so Ill give you some pics ...

ORIGINAL: rotzilla

i dont have a lcg chassis, but i put on the hpi suspension conversion kit and that lowered how the truck sat and helped some with the steering....
I 2nd this too! the new kit needs to be modded though HPI messed it up a bit on the redesign
Old 06-29-2009, 08:56 AM
Midget

Yeah, i wouldn't really go with any other company than FLM. I've had mine on my savage for
2 and a half years with no problems what so eva. The only thing i don't like about the design, are
the rounded edges. But apart from that, you cant beat the lifetime warranty...

Old 06-29-2009, 12:17 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd try Innovative R/C at this point because I've managed to completely warp 2 FLM engine plates so far and at this point I've put the stock chassis back on. Not to mention that the exhaust header has slightly warped the part of the TVP that it rests on, and their "warranty" if full of $***.... They made me pay $2 less than full price for their engine plate when I broke it the first time, wow can't beat that kind of support eh?

Carbon TVPs, thats a big I dunno cause not many people run them and there is a wide spectrum of carbon material used in the R/C industry to make CF parts. I know Xtreme Racing makes excellent CF products so I'd trust them to try their TVPs, but CF TVPs are usually pricy.

Tom.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:59 PM
rotzilla

bank, can you post those pics. i think those would be interesting. are they thicker than the stocks? and what do you mean the new kit needs to be modded some hpi meesed it up a bit? could you claify this....
Old 06-30-2009, 04:37 PM
BANKRUPTER

bank, can you post those pics. i think those would be interesting. are they thicker than the stocks? and what do you mean the new kit needs to be modded some hpi meesed it up a bit? could you claify this....
Sure thing bud. The RSC redesign made the stops built into the arms to big so it does not have the Turning radius of the first kit. Nothing a dreamily wont fix right up... You can tell what version you have by th holes in the steering arm. New has one old has two.... ill post a pic of the steering my savy has in one of the carbon pics below.

For the record this carbon holds up better than my FLM kits and I have 3 FLM savages... I now have 2 carbon savages 1 is Larson's stuff (PRC) I bought and paid for it so I'm not blowing smoke with free stuff here! It is that much better then FLM! The other is Xtream racings I have for review. This I didn't pay for... So far it looks to be good QC. Have not bashed it hard to date to give you any good word on it over all. Out of professionalism I will not post that truck on this forum. Its in the review setion of HPISF. But heres the PRC truck:
More can be seen as well as the 1 speed 3rd gear tranny it now has @ http://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums...ad.php?t=11426

Thread starter I dont want to jack your thread!!! PM me if there is too many pics for you here! Ill edit them off...
K LMK,
Justin "Bank"

RSC throw!!

Old 06-30-2009, 04:49 PM
thzero

Which RPM part # is that you are using for the receiver? Also where are your receiver batteries located?

ORIGINAL: BANKRUPTER

For the record this carbon holds up better than my FLM kits and I have 3 FLM savages... I now have 2 carbon savages 1 is Larson's stuff (PRC) I bought and paid for it so I'm not blowing smoke with free stuff here! It is that much better then FLM! The other is Xtream racings I have for review. This I didn't pay for... So far it looks to be good QC. Have not bashed it hard to date to give you any good word on it over all. Out of professionalism I will not post that truck on this forum. Its in the review setion of HPISF. But heres the PRC truck:
More can be seen as well as the 1 speed 3rd gear tranny it now has @ http://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums...ad.php?t=11426
Old 06-30-2009, 04:52 PM
rcnitrohead

That looks great, definitely post the results of Xtremes kit when you finish testing. What steering rack are you using? Thanks.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:45 PM
BANKRUPTER

that is GH's bell crank. its a lil over a year old.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:28 PM
rotzilla

i like the look of that carbon fiber, that looks cool. do they hold up well? are they lighter? i dont know which version of the suspension kit i have and sorry dont feel up to going to look right now, but i will take a look...
Old 07-01-2009, 11:50 AM
rcnitrohead

Thanks for the intel Bank. Awesome truck you have, maybe when I snap this stock chassis I just put back on I'll go CF. That steering rack is definitely in order, looks like a good piece.

Tom.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Revomad1

I went with the IRC 1inch rear + 6mm front Black anodized 4mm thick basher chassis along with the IRC mid tank kit for the OFNA 250cc tank and Firestorm battery box. I also ordered the LST shock mount kit because I have 4 LST XXL plastic shocks on the way. I will also be using the HPI suspension conversion kit because it came with the unfinished Savage X SS kit that I bought on Ebay a couple of months ago. Thanks for the input guys! I'm not sure why, but I haven't been getting e-mail updates on this thread. I figured nobody was posting in it. [&o]
Old 07-01-2009, 02:42 PM
sv250

I have FLM and IRC tvps. I think the IRCs are better designed for strength, but when using IRCs, you have to go with IRC everything. FLM stays with stock mounting position hole so mixing parts is not a problem. Also IRC's cust service isnt too hot. 2 weeks with no word or reply until I recieved them. They really need a US distributor.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:57 PM
BANKRUPTER

i like the look of that carbon fiber, that looks cool. do they hold up well? are they lighter? i dont know which version of the suspension kit i have and sorry dont feel up to going to look right now, but i will take a look...
like I said Rotzilla that is stronger then FLM. I have never bent FLM TVP's but have taken out mill plates and stuff but these are stronger. its 6mm quasi iso carbon top stuff... I broke a flm mill plate and snapped a mill mount in 4 of the jumps I had posted on you tube all with perfect landings. Saturday I went off it about 15 times with 4 bad landings one nose down one on its lid no damage... its 9.18 pounds dry and same exact length and low cg as FLM extended
Old 07-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Revomad1

I was tempted to go with the carbon fiber chassis, but I was unsure about strength. I also think a little extra weight in the chassis helps with the Savages "jumpability". It makes it much easier to control in the air IMO. I think I will build a lightweight Savage at some point though, so CF is a must for that.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:30 PM
rotzilla

i like the look and the lightness of the cf, and its strength is a plus. if i were to bend a plate that would be the way i would go. and i do have the new kit it only has one hole. its deff, better than stock i would recommend it.....
Old 07-01-2009, 08:48 PM
BANKRUPTER

i like the look and the lightness of the cf, and its strength is a plus. if i were to bend a plate that would be the way i would go. and i do have the new kit it only has one hole. its deff, better than stock i would recommend it.....
when and if we all meet up you can run that truck ... Ill show you how to mod that if you wish too.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:53 PM
rotzilla

deal....