Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Extreme Racing Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 06:02 PM
purenitro33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Extreme Racing Pipe

Dakamat, I happy you like it, thanks for the info on the weight, my scale is only big enough for rods and cranks, it's good to know. I look forward to your reviews on the performance increases. Have fun.

Robin.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:17 PM
dakamat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've try it today at job, the sound is incredible[X(] You need ear plug But i like it so much.

With my Mach 427, on carpet, the truck fall on it's lead in about 4 feets

I have try it with the stock manifold and with a custom manifold who's about 3/4'' shorter than stock, and the RPM difference is incredible.

But i prefer the stock manifold, because the fit is better with the boddies on the truck.

I'll only remove 1/2'' on the stock headers.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:18 AM
tominator06
My Feedback: (4)

1/2" is quite a bit. may want to try 1/4 first. Jusy my 2 cents. Enjoy it.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:49 AM
dakamat

ORIGINAL: tominator06

1/2'' is quite a bit. may want to try 1/4 first. Jusy my 2 cents. Enjoy it.
Ya you're right, i'll start by 1/4"

Thank you!
Old 02-06-2010, 09:57 AM
tominator06

1/4" was almost the perfect amount off my stock aftershock header on my lst.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:10 AM
savagenitroflux

ORIGINAL: savagenitroflux

Attn: ERCM/Purenitro33

Please save a side bleed complete with exhaust nipple and mount. I have to save pennies after the xmas holiday is finished & i can see them getting a lot of interest on the forums. Nice vids guys, impressive pipe for sure!

I got my side-bleed pipe about a week ago. i don't know much about different metals, characteristics, tolerances, physics, etc (nor do i have a huge interest) but comparing this pipe to my 086, hpi polished pipe, THS 8025, Mac pipe (which covers most of the pipes we commonly use) i can feel that the stainless steel on my ercm 221T is thicker, sturdier and impact resistant x10.

The first thing that hit me was the sound. Must have something to do with the unique shape of the pipe caz i've not heard anything like it. It sounds more like a F1 racer than a rc truck.

After the mill warmed up, (compared to the dynamite 086 i just took off) i noticed an instant gain in power & rpm right through the whole band. The mill gets on the pipe right after you crack the throttle & it revs lightening quick & super smooth.

Louder? than the 086 imma say yes but i think part of it is caz im bangin' more rpm & quicker through to top end.

i dont see myself going back to the 086 or THS so im gonna sell them to finance the end-bleed as well.

thx for reading.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:01 PM
tominator06

Looks great nitro. I have recently built an flm savage from my xl and now have an ercm modified sh p8 .28 and ercm 221t pipe on it. Motor is not fully run in yet but I have a few vids of the combo together. The sound is awesome. I have a side bleed on the way myself. Last video is a very short drag tree vid of a few fun runs. The other two are long breakin vids.

breakin tank on the grass
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v1FphqfB8E[/youtube]

breakin tank on the street
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etQYn5VYCNs[/youtube]

short drag runs video.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ8te97ZOF0[/youtube]
Old 03-22-2010, 03:20 PM
purenitro33

Sound like you guys are really having a blast with your pipes, good stuff. The which pipe for a 5.9 has been solved as well, people have been reporting substantial gains over the CEN pipe hands down. I have been getting a lot of requests for a one piece pipe, I designed the mount to be the same length as most adjustable set-ups are using, the standard medium length header appears to be a perfect match for the engines tested so far.

Polished Raw finish
Old 03-22-2010, 10:23 PM
lightning73

hey purenitro how many of these pipes have you made so far?...ive seen a lot of positive feedback on them to this point....has anyone reported any negatives to you yet?.... i just bought an aluminum hpi racing pipe the other day hoping to squeeze more punch out of my savage, havent even put it on my truck yet and low and behold i see your design on here, now i want your pipe instead...thing sounds nasty!!!!!...like the stainless look way better than aluminum too....oh by the way im no welder by any means but those weld jobs are very nicely done bro!!!...sweet lookinwork!!
Old 03-23-2010, 11:00 AM
savagenitroflux

yeah man that 1-piece design is sweet.

i'll grab that when i order the end bleed. i have 4-5 different 1 piece headers that i'll be able to experiment tuning.

You got any other experiments your working on before i put the order in for the 1 pce end bleed?

Old 03-24-2010, 12:51 AM
purenitro33

Thanks lightning, I'm not sure how many I have made exactly, from prototypes for my own R&D guy, prototypes for independent testers, plus the production pipes, it adds up. As for negatives, the original prototypes were plain, any and all mounting issues have been addressed for production, not quite as fuel efficient as conventional pipes (there are little tricks), the spring steel mounting wire I provide is hard to bend lol. Seriously though, I know of no issues or anyone who has switched back to their original pipe. In a continuing effort to make my product exceed demands, the customers feedback is taken seriously, any small changes or custom pipes are easily achievable. SNF, I can't say that there won't be other options but for now I think you are safe to make a decision you won't soon regret.

Header not included.

Old 03-24-2010, 01:11 PM
lightning73

well in that case im glad i havent put that other pipe on my truck yet....can you say e-bay!...lol...glad to hear that its been all positive feedback...so i have a couple more questions...1: will my stock header work with this pipe, or is there one you recommend?....2:side bleedor end bleed, again which do you recommend?...3: are they specifically made to order?...and how much?.....id be putting it on a savage x 4.6 "r.t.r"...sorry for all the questions but im seriously interested in getting one of these!!...thanks...
Old 03-25-2010, 10:06 AM
purenitro33

ORIGINAL: lightning73

well in that case im glad i havent put that other pipe on my truck yet....can you say e-bay!...lol...glad to hear that its been all positive feedback...so i have a couple more questions...1: will my stock header work with this pipe, or is there one you recommend?....2: side bleed or end bleed, again which do you recommend?...3: are they specifically made to order?...and how much?.....id be putting it on a savage x 4.6 ''r.t.r''...sorry for all the questions but im seriously interested in getting one of these!!...thanks...

Lightning, The stock header will work fine for the coupler mount although it is a cast piece and the walls are very thick and a little restrictive. You can also use http://rchub.com/Merchant2/merchant....Code=manifolds for a one piece header, either will work fine.

Side or end bleed is a personal choice, all pipe styles use the same cones and cone dimensions, there is little to no difference in performance although the end bleed has a little more crackle to it.

As each pipe is built one piece at a time, any small changes or requests can be done easily. Custom one offs or custom laser etching is also available, the complexity of the design will determine the final price.

Prices can be found here http://extremercmods.com/?page=pipes The one piece flange mount is not listed but is available for an additional $10.

Don't worry about the questions, I'm happy to answer them so you can make an informed decision. Thanks.

Robin.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:15 PM
lightning73

Thanks for the extra info Robin i appreciate it!...I will be in contact with you soon and take one of these off your hands...I think this pipe will be the perfect choice formy ongoing upgrade project!...Thanks again...
Old 03-26-2010, 02:40 PM
The Pope NJ

I have been running one of the ERCM End Bleed pipes since they first came out on my savage.  I have one of his Modded Picco .28's as well and let me tell you the combo is INSAIN.  More power than I ever thought possible out of a nitro.  His customer service is unreal as well.  He is always there to help his customers with any questions and problems they may have.

Old 03-27-2010, 12:56 PM
savagenitroflux

ORIGINAL: The Pope NJ

I have been running one of the ERCM End Bleed pipes since they first came out on my savage. I have one of his Modded Picco .28's as well and let me tell you the combo is INSAIN. More power than I ever thought possible out of a nitro. His customer service is unreal as well. He is always there to help his customers with any questions and problems they may have.

Man that is such a nice truck i wanna see and hear it run!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2010, 04:54 PM
purenitro33

Here is a quick video of a stock Picco .28 running a one piece end bleed with a medium length header.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUYBi9aeXEo&NR=1
Old 04-15-2010, 10:04 AM
hypnotiq

ORIGINAL: purenitro33

Here is a quick video of a stock Picco .28 running a one piece end bleed with a medium length header.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUYBi9aeXEo&NR=1
Now thats a nice truck! LOL

This is the baddest pipe ever!
Old 04-19-2010, 01:38 PM
savagenitroflux

ORIGINAL: The Pope NJ

I have been running one of the ERCM End Bleed pipes since they first came out on my savage. I have one of his Modded Picco .28's as well and let me tell you the combo is INSAIN. More power than I ever thought possible out of a nitro. His customer service is unreal as well. He is always there to help his customers with any questions and problems they may have.

Bump for a vid of this truck running now. Weather is perfect for it. got see & hear!!!
Old 04-19-2010, 02:39 PM
lightning73

i had the opportunity to see and hear it in person yesterday...let me tell you thatthing soundsinsanewith theE.R.C.M pipe!...also want to note videos arent capable of doing the sound of this pipe any justice, if you havent heard one you have to hear one in person!
Old 04-19-2010, 03:10 PM
hypnotiq

ORIGINAL: lightning73

i had the opportunity to see and hear it in person yesterday...let me tell you that thing sounds insane with the E.R.C.M pipe!...also want to note videos arent capable of doing the sound of this pipe any justice, if you havent heard one you have to hear one in person!
very well said and agreed.