Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

2.4g question

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 06:03 PM
wolfie1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4g question

ok my latest purchase isint a savage, its not even a hpi but im on here all the time and thought i would put it out here. Ok its my first 2.4 system its an ace rc it doesnt have a built in failsafe so i added 1 but sometimes with it installed nothing works and the next time it does, i mean nothing at all including the steering works, i wouldnt have thought it would have made a difference but does it?
Old 06-22-2010, 09:34 PM
dealwithit
My Feedback: (55)

Default RE: 2.4g question

sounds more like a power issue not a failsafe issue. has it ever not worked when the failsafe wasn't connected?
Old 06-23-2010, 01:25 AM
wolfie1

yea it works just fine without the failsafe and with it just some of the time
Old 06-23-2010, 08:41 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

honestly I'm not a fan of fail safes unless their built in to the RX like on my one radio
Last time I tried a failsafe that plugged into the RX it caused me to lose complete control of m RC and crack it up good
Old 06-23-2010, 01:19 PM
wolfie1

well after my work today i have spent a good hour mucking about with it and i have sussed it, it has 1 built it and the failsafe i fitted was mucking it up, i have failsafes on most of my models 1 model i have which i took 1 back out of was my traxxas slayer it just didnt like it at all whenever i put on full brakes the failsafe would stay activated for about 5 seconds and then release