Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

piston sleeve repinch

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 01:38 PM
fluxme
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default piston sleeve repinch

has anyone ever done a repinch.i saw a ad of a guy who puts a hose clamp around the sleeve.and tightings it untill you get good pinch.then heat the sleeve in the oven for 2 min with the clamp still on then dunk it in cold water.that is suposse to resize the sleeve.you think this will work.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:49 PM
brio

Default RE: piston sleeve repinch

Inever heard of that methodbut I did have it done on my Axial .28 engine and it seemed fine. I sent out the piston/sleeve and it was mailed back to me repinched, fairly quickly for abt $25. The guy did a nice job. The engine ran good fora few tanks then Ideveloped air-leaks, nothing to do with the PINCH(the motor had like 8 gal on it). Once Ifixed the air-leaks, the engine ran great until the front bearing starting leaking perfusely. The PINCH service was nice work, tho. I've heard from some local racers that a pinch will only last about half as much time as the orig. tightness tho. So if your piston/sleeve gave out at abt 10 gal, the repinch should last about 5, so they say. For the price, I'd do it again.Check out this link of the guy who does it.
http://www.rayaracing.com/
Old 06-25-2010, 03:58 PM
fluxme
My Feedback: (18)

mine was ported and polished. and will need to be repinched soon.thats funny because i just called rays racing like ten min before i got this e mail.he might not be able to do my sleeve seeing it was ported.but said to ship it to him so he can see
Old 06-26-2010, 03:12 AM
Parputt537

ORIGINAL: fluxme

has anyone ever done a repinch.i saw a ad of a guy who puts a hose clamp around the sleeve.and tightings it untill you get good pinch.then heat the sleeve in the oven for 2 min with the clamp still on then dunk it in cold water.that is suposse to resize the sleeve.you think this will work.
There are so many things wrong with this method I will not even get into it.

NO this is not the way it is done.