RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   HPI Monster Truck Forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hpi-monster-truck-forum-250/)
-   -   Traxxas Fuel (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hpi-monster-truck-forum-250/1530846-traxxas-fuel.html)

Digimortal 02-15-2004 05:25 PM

Traxxas Fuel

Does anyone else use Traxxas fuel in there Savage .25? That's what I have been using and it seems to work great. It was either that or the Blue Thunder and I've heard alot of bad stories about the blue thunder. I'm just curious. This is supposed to be good fuel from what I have heard but I've only ran like 3 tanks of fuel through it so far. Thanks.

G1GY 02-15-2004 05:56 PM

RE: Traxxas Fuel

I've never used Traxxas fuel or know who makes it for them, but I've used Blue Thunder and had no problems with it.

Model Mania 02-15-2004 05:56 PM

I wouldn't say BT is bad just wouldnt be the best performer for the engines in the savages

BigSwole68 02-16-2004 12:04 AM

I always use blue thunder.no problems at all.

miserynitro 02-16-2004 08:38 AM

how can you say "I wouldn't say BT is bad just wouldnt be the best performer for the engines in the savages".... really, Blue thunder in my mind is WAY better than traxxas fuel... I personally have run both, and it seems you have to run your .21 engines Way leaner with Traxxas fuel to get the same results... and i don't like that idea!!..... i have heard different things about Traxxas fuel, but it is only here say... so i don't really want to say any of that... That Traxxas fuel likes smaller engines..... but i use home made fuel now and i just make it how i want it.

DaSHiKi 02-16-2004 05:06 PM

I used traxxas in my rc-10 and now in my Savage mostly because it is what my LHS stocks and never had any issues only it damn expensive!! but what isn't. I have always felt you should use what you LHS stocks so you never have to switch types.

Wizz Kid 02-16-2004 07:11 PM

i use byron origional but i dont think it makes a difference,
along as it goes fast and even moves im set

TheMachine 02-16-2004 07:24 PM

The traxxas fuel is made for traxxas by powermaster, Powermaster is one of the top fuel manufacturers and thier car and heli fuel is some of the best, but in the case of the traxxas fuel they(powermaster) mix it to spec for traxxas and glug it up a bit(more oil) to suit the highly stressed TRX small blocks...so it probally isn`t the best for most big block engines. As for Smurf juice... its low grade and incosistant, the worst part is it leaves a fair amount of residue behind, its no where near as good as the top 3 fuel manufacturers products(Powermaster, Byrons, Odonels).

IMO If your bashing...what the hey !(but I wouldn`t), if your racing your at a disadvantage using either of those fuels !

TM

RightWing 02-17-2004 08:25 PM

I've ran Traxxas' Top fuel and Byron's RACE and they both seem to be very good, I've ran them in both small, and big blocks, with great results and performance. I would lean more towards the Top Fuel as, it seems to have more oil in it, and since I'm a basher, I want my engine to last a long time. It's kind to glow plugs as well.

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it...

sledmanass 02-17-2004 09:36 PM

i like to run bryon race 200 fuel and have had no problems with it