RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   HPI Monster Truck Forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hpi-monster-truck-forum-250/)
-   -   BEHOLD COLLARI .30 !!!!!!!!!! THE NEW BIGBOY (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hpi-monster-truck-forum-250/2474667-behold-collari-30-new-bigboy.html)

Frost_ 12-27-2004 10:55 PM

BEHOLD COLLARI .30 !!!!!!!!!! THE NEW BIGBOY

1 Attachment(s)
"Collari LC30MT"

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/upfi...62/Wu61769.jpg

"Behold the behemoth of truck engines about to be released. This is the highest displacement engine in a big block case. Its design has been in the werks for over a year with the express intention to be used in a monster truck. It features a 5-port ABC constructed piston and sleeve. The connecting rod has been strengthened to be able to handle the rigors of greater horsepower. Official numbers have not been released, yet its horsepower ratings are anticipated to well exceed 3HP. Everything about this engine is bigger, except the price tag. You can pre-order one through shopatron for $209.99. Arriving December 31st."

http://werksracing.com/product.do?sku=WRXLC30MT

Amsterdamn passed me this link...

Naim.F.C 12-27-2004 10:58 PM

RE: BEHOLD COLLARI .30 !!!!!!!!!! THE NEW BIGBOY

Thats just crazy fast!
I swear I've seen .28s roll over on there backs every 2 seconds.
Do you really need a .30? [&:]

Frost_ 12-27-2004 11:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Naim.F.C

Do you really need a .30? [&:]
I DO !!:D

DarkSavageX 12-27-2004 11:07 PM

*touch*

Frost_ 12-27-2004 11:58 PM

"WERKS Racing order 119xxxx placed on December 27th 2004"

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

amsterdamn 12-28-2004 12:13 AM

Yeah, I've found the new engine for my Savage.

crankshaft 12-28-2004 02:05 AM

that is truly a thing of beauty. forget the .46. if that 3hp is anywhere near right, that would be ridiculous fast. for $200, that and a titanium wheelie bar will be my next purchase.:D

TGreg24 12-28-2004 07:25 AM

yea ill be getting it a little later though because me b-day isnt until jan 15. but intill then tell me how u like emm.

Wizz Kid 12-28-2004 10:33 AM

ORIGINAL: DarkSavageX

*touch*
*smell*:D

joes75 12-28-2004 11:19 AM

Nice engine!! Hope you give us a review and video of it FROST..:D

TGreg24 12-28-2004 02:54 PM

*smell*
*lick*[sm=pirate.gif]

ps rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr maty

cardriverx 12-28-2004 05:20 PM

wouldent u just be breaking stuff left and right on ur drivetrain......just a thought:D

Frost_ 01-03-2005 08:57 PM

[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Werks says they won't take delivery till the 2nd or 3rd week of Jan. now...

[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

cardriverx 01-03-2005 09:00 PM

lol that sucks, but once u get it post a review!

stevblutu15 01-03-2005 10:08 PM

hmm,
sh.28, Collari LC30MT, sh.28, Collari LC30MT sh.28, Collari LC30MT sh.28, Collari LC30MT sh.28, Collari LC30MT

EDIT:
Collari LC30MT
Collari LC30MT
Collari LC30MT
Collari LC30MT
:D

supertib 01-04-2005 12:24 PM

this motor doesn't excite me one bit, i will stick with my XTM 24/7 pro.......why??? because the dam Savage will not hold the power of my measly XTM how on earth will it hold together this motor.......i can't race with my current setup as its way overpowered already........but you guys have to have the biggest baddest even if you can't use the power......what a bunch of heros LOL......but seriously this motor should be insane, but i can't see the savage hold the power for very long without major drivetrain damage......but regardless it will be a awesome show while it runs, good luck to you guys i am curious to hear the reviews...myself i am looking to step down in power as i am sick of tearing my Savage apart replacing parts, i dont care if my buddies is faster then mine i just want it to hold together for more then a few tanks

Naim.F.C 01-04-2005 02:06 PM

ORIGINAL: supertib

this motor doesn't excite me one bit, i will stick with my XTM 24/7 pro.......why??? because the dam Savage will not hold the power of my measly XTM how on earth will it hold together this motor.......i can't race with my current setup as its way overpowered already........but you guys have to have the biggest baddest even if you can't use the power......what a bunch of heros LOL......but seriously this motor should be insane, but i can't see the savage hold the power for very long without major drivetrain damage......but regardless it will be a awesome show while it runs, good luck to you guys i am curious to hear the reviews...myself i am looking to step down in power as i am sick of tearing my Savage apart replacing parts, i dont care if my buddies is faster then mine i just want it to hold together for more then a few tanks

How powerful is a 24/7 against a SH .28? (which is what i just ordered)
In other words.

Am i going to have to keep replacing parts all the time?

What parts are you actually breaking by the way?

Frost_ 01-04-2005 03:02 PM

Maybe you just need to stay on top of the maintainence of your truck....

I have run a 21, a 25, a 27 and currently an SH28 and have abused them all, but I haven't had any drivetrain issues although the truck is routinely checked over carefully. The only part that I have had fail with the 28 is the second gear mechanism (which was originally a 21, so it was the old style at that) just wore out, I also stripped out 1 40-series pro-line mambo wheel. I got a new tranny off of E BA Y for about 30 dollars complete with slipper/spur and brake.

Maybe these are too much for racing, but seeing as how I NEVER RACE, that isn't an issue either.

I have had new modded diffs for almost a year thinking my stockers would be failing but after what must be at least 14 gallons, they are still smooth, so the spares sit on a shelf. I have the hardened bones all the way 'round and even with a TIGHT slipper and lots of jumps, they have held up. My drive cups are needing to be replaced but that will happen before too long.

As far as how does the SH28 compare to the 24.7... They are VERY similar inside (the same 3 turbo cuts on the crank, knife-edged rod, and the cylinder porting is very similar as well) so expect it to be somewhat similar (nice broad power band) with more torque.

Naim.F.C 01-04-2005 06:03 PM

Nice, thanks frost.

Sounds to me like the SH 28 was a good move.
I suppose If I drive carefully i should be fine.

I only jammed my tranny last time beacuse I slammed the brakes at WOT, which as you can imagine wasnt all good on the gears etc (I have the dual disk brake set up).
I have seen vids of this SH .28 in action and I must say it looks bloody amazing.

Cheap as chips aswell for $139 off RCmart!
Shipped to the UK for £80 whereas over here it costs around £180 and thats NOT including postage! Haha!
I would say i got a damn good deal.

The only other engine I looked at was the RB .28 which was £260 over here [X(]
Frost, what gearing set up do you run on your SH 28?

Frost_ 01-04-2005 10:23 PM

I have been running 18/49 bashing. The truck impresses me every time I take it out. Badger has some vids of 20/48 and the truck is SCARY fast on the top side and gets there impressively quick. I was running O'Donnell 20% Race but he switch to 30% Race was a huge difference; I honestly can't reccommend anything else. Even if you can't get that brand where you are (although neiljb I think is form the UK and he found it) go with a 30% low-oil race blend. I ran an OS8 (relatively hot) with 20% and the R5 with 30% (med to cold plug).

Frost_ 01-04-2005 10:24 PM

Oh yeah if you guys don't know Collari, they have a new low-profile .12 that CRANKS at 1.65HP [X(]

supertib 01-04-2005 11:54 PM

i maintain my savage very well, as its torn apart almost every time i run it, but i think i likely run it harder then most, but the more powerful engines definitely destroy parts alot faster then a stock motor, if you run a SH 28 and you aint breakin lots you are not running as abusively as i must be, as my maintenance is very good since i sem to tear the truck apart every week LOL, but i was running alot of fuel and running fast over some extreme terain, my biggest problem was the the two speed drum, and mine is the .25 drum but i keep shattering them....tearin off bodies from wheelies, anyways cheers

Frost_ 01-16-2005 01:50 AM

UPDATE:

Arriving January 31.

Mako3 01-16-2005 02:40 AM

OMFG tht is incredible if I put tht baby in my savage .25 would i be able to beat a revo in a drag race?

MountainCat 01-16-2005 05:12 AM

My Dad always told me ..."there ain't no substitute for cubic inches"

If ya got them make it work!