RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   HPI Monster Truck Forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hpi-monster-truck-forum-250/)
-   -   PLease help me someone (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hpi-monster-truck-forum-250/2478682-please-help-me-someone.html)

savage25er 12-29-2004 04:36 AM

PLease help me someone

My truck is suffering from the half tank lean thing and i dont have any cash left to nuy any spare parts. Does this mean that i have to run the first half of a tank with S**T performance then just enjoy it when the tank is almost up????

Cheers

Frost_ 12-29-2004 05:39 AM

RE: PLease help me someone

Figure out tune settings for end of the tank, ending with a decent temp.... Then when you start it, lean out the HSN about 1/2 turn... at half a tank richen it back up 1/2 turn... BUY the new era Ofna tank and mount, SEAL your engine, that alone could be the problem; it makes the half-tank leaning much worse.

crankshaft 12-29-2004 03:39 PM

also with the savage because of the shape of the tank where it is thinner on the bottom half and all the baffles and shi# that displace fuel, where it seems like your at a 1/2 tank, its actually at about a 1/3. always sucks when you forget about that and run out of fuel sooner then you expect. or am i the only one?

speedygonzales 12-29-2004 06:58 PM

dosent everyone run untill half tank then refill?
or am i the only one

Q8 RC 12-29-2004 09:22 PM

i add more 1 feet of silicon tube from the tank to the engine i think it makes the engine run a bit richer maybe but i hate my engine anyway [:'(]

Bader

KUWAIT

last message for bader today go to sleep its 5:24 AM :O

ZEWSKI 12-29-2004 09:42 PM

When you can spare an extra $30 I highly recommend getting a different fuel tank. The stock tank is nice because of it's size but the constant tuning and half tank leaning issues isn't worth it. Following is a link to new era models where you can purchase a drop in tank that includes mounting kit and yes no half tank leaning issues.

http://www.neweramodels.com/cgi-bin/...b&part_id=1704

samtron 12-30-2004 11:52 AM

i dont have problems with mine leaning ,the only time i see it lean is when i flip the truck and it stays on the lid for a few minutes and there is no fuel in the line

Frost_ 12-30-2004 12:35 PM

ORIGINAL: samtron

i dont have problems with mine leaning ,

Whether you realize it or not, if you have a Savage with any of the stock tanks, you do have this issue.

samtron 12-30-2004 01:07 PM

well i havent notice or its just not leaning out only when it is out of gas it starts to lean out, i can go tru the hole tank with out it leaning

mastermechanic 01-01-2005 03:10 PM

I had a friend with the same problem and he was told to take out the primer and get a screw that fits and just prime it my pulling over the engine with your finger over the exhaust hole. or you can take off the hose that goes to the exhaust pipe and blow until you see fuel in the hose going to the carb.

burnouts 01-03-2005 01:08 AM

simple fix for the half lean problem is to install a piece of fuel tube in the tank (so it sits on the bottom)from the pressure hole in the lid. there is a large explanation on another forum , but it works. also lenghten the pressure line to approx 18". i haven't done the pressure line yet but what a difference the intank line makes. the tuneup only change with about 30secs of fuel left in the tank.

802 01-03-2005 02:00 AM

I just spent 10 min trying to put tubing on the perisher hole in the lid. I just have standard fuel tubing, do I need to get tubing with a larger internal diameter or do I just need to Waite until my hand is no longer cramping and try again?

Frost_ 01-03-2005 05:45 AM

ORIGINAL: burnouts

simple fix for the half lean problem is to install a piece of fuel tube in the tank (so it sits on the bottom)from the pressure hole in the lid. there is a large explanation on another forum , but it works. also lenghten the pressure line to approx 18". i haven't done the pressure line yet but what a difference the intank line makes. the tuneup only change with about 30secs of fuel left in the tank.
Well it didn't work for me (or some others).... as a matter of fact the two-tank helped, but didn't make it go away either. The other PITA part about this "uniflow" setup is the pressure line is so far beneath the fuel surface that fuel can easily flood the tuned pipe. If you think about it....the force required to push air into the tank with all of the tubing submerged is greater at full tank (the weight of the fuel) than at lower levels, which can still contribute to pressure irregularities as by the end of the tank more pressurazation occurs because there is less fuel to "displace".

It works for some, but not for me. The New Era tank DID work however, but to each his own.