RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   HPI Monster Truck Forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hpi-monster-truck-forum-250/)
-   -   rc on tv (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hpi-monster-truck-forum-250/2487420-rc-tv.html)

Smokin240sx 12-31-2004 05:01 PM

rc on tv

how many people think rc racing should be shown on tv.

AdamBlevins 12-31-2004 05:35 PM

RE: rc on tv

I'd watch it!

stevblutu15 12-31-2004 05:47 PM

me 2
i saw a show on diy, but is pretty much sucked, we need a good show :)

cardriverx 12-31-2004 06:05 PM

yea i agree, the one on diy sucks, we need a rc channel!

savageman90 12-31-2004 06:07 PM

i see short clips like on monster garage and monster nation and stuff

saifullah21 12-31-2004 06:59 PM

i'd watch.

there is a show that comes on the outdoor channel. http://www.insiderc.com/
anyone ever see it?

Savageman25 12-31-2004 07:22 PM

yeah, and i agree there should be a good rc show

Q8 RC 12-31-2004 11:02 PM

ow yeah like tips and how toos and races and bashing and new releases awsome i would love the tv by then

Bader

KUWAIT

GotCoffee66 12-31-2004 11:08 PM

The one on DIY is OK, not sucks half the time. The other half it does suck so we do need a new show. Maybe tech tv can come up with something?

rustler 1 12-31-2004 11:58 PM

i totally agree we would all watch a good rc show

GotCoffee66 01-01-2005 12:47 AM

ORIGINAL: saifullah21

i'd watch.

anyone ever see it?
After checking out your link, I think I would watch that show even if they were featuring a Radio Shack remote contol car... Krista is much better to look at then Chris Chianelli.

lax195 01-01-2005 01:13 AM

I think they should take the medapausal/pms [sm=punching.gif]LIFETIME[sm=punching.gif] channel off the air...and put in a RC enthusiust network.

RC_UK 01-01-2005 04:53 AM

id watch it

saifullah21 01-01-2005 11:38 AM

I think one issue is what would be the main focus of the show. The producers would be burdened with the task of deciding who they would want to watch their show. Obviously the more, the better. But they'd have to determine what the rc heads want more/less of. How could they possibly satisfy everyone? Some people love boats but not planes, some onroad but not offroad, some nitro and not electric, and vice versa and etc. There's so much to address in so little time. I think the best solution would be to follow the same procedure that's used on sportscenter on espn. They vary their coverage of EVERY sport, and when, during the broadcast, they show their highlights. This keeps the viewer watching the highlights of sports they don't care for because they don't know want to miss the reports of the games that they DO like. For example, I may not like golf, but I know the football highlights will be shown sometime after golf, so i have to keep on watching.

With all the junk programming that's on tv nowadays(last night there was the ROCK PAPER SCISSORS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP! NO LIE!) I think there's plenty of room for an rc show. What remains is marketing. There is a market for everything. There's a market for PET PSYCHOLOGY. There's a market for this great hobby. Just an idea.

TGreg24 01-01-2005 12:23 PM

ok thats it im emailing spike tv and begging them for a rc based show. they should say yes.

TGreg24 01-01-2005 12:35 PM

ok well i need everybody to email www.spiketv.com because if we get enough request for a rc show then we will get it soo plz email them. i would love to see rc on tv. if u think about it rc is an underground hobby overshadowed by crappy radio shack cars and trucks. imagine if we could blow the hobby wide open and how the hobby will grow. it will be alsome.

cardriverx 01-01-2005 01:03 PM

well i put in my email! comon ppl email spike tv!:D:D

ratpower396 01-01-2005 02:49 PM

inside rc is a fairly good show every week is something different & interesting..& yes Krista is easy on eyes

fottball99 01-02-2005 01:44 PM

that would be soo cool to have rc races on like spike tv:D

speedygonzales 01-02-2005 02:30 PM

i would watch it.

i sent spike a long detailed letter on a show thay can make for us rcers!!!!!!!!:D:D

802 01-03-2005 01:02 PM

ORIGINAL: GotCoffee66

ORIGINAL: saifullah21

i'd watch.

anyone ever see it?
After checking out your link, I think I would watch that show even if they were featuring a Radio Shack remote contol car... Krista is much better to look at then Chris Chianelli.
She is esyer on the eyes but which of thim has better hare????????

I too e-maild Spke Tv about this.

We might wont to put this on the general bord so that more people will see it and hopefuly bug the crap out of Spike Tv until they giv in and put a show on, even beter they might have some one frome this sight host the show.

In my opinon that would be right on, You might have to get a new hair doo!

Tagsrover 01-03-2005 03:39 PM

Hey i just emailed spike tv also, requesting an rc show. When you guys send in your request form, try to think of some good quality reasons why they should have an rc show and put it in your letter. The more resons we send, the more reason to have a show. (I mentioned that it was a large hobby with a large following and almost no publicity or media coverage.)

speedygonzales 01-03-2005 07:40 PM

tagsrover
said that myself to and more hop that would help them WANT a show!!!

Nitro_Evader_Basher 01-03-2005 07:57 PM

ya, im about to send them a letter, but I decided to also send them a bsp video just to give them a taste of RC

savageman90 01-03-2005 08:29 PM

nice.......... i sent one i hope we get a show