RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   HPI Monster Truck Forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hpi-monster-truck-forum-250/)
-   -   savage xxx (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hpi-monster-truck-forum-250/4775895-savage-xxx.html)

lauderboy 09-21-2006 01:49 PM

savage xxx

can ne 1 please tell me how fast the x goes as my 25 is beyond repair and i need a new truck please help:eek:

MiamizFinest 09-21-2006 02:04 PM

RE: savage xxx

same speed of the 25 maybe MAYBE....... 1 or 2 MPH more since its lower and the arms are lighter but besides that its the same truck/engine....................

Josh222 09-21-2006 02:12 PM

It will be a little quicker as hpi tuned the motor up a bit, seems like they took notice to the savage 25 porting guild Steve Pond did for RC Car Action:eek:

BAMF90 09-21-2006 04:44 PM

can ne 1 please tell me how fast the x goes as my 25 is beyond repair and i need a new truck please help
What's wrong with it that it's beyond repair. I'll take it if you don't want it. I'm serious too.[sm=71_71.gif][sm=what_smile.gif][sm=regular_smile.gif]

-whitey- 09-21-2006 06:35 PM

beyond repair ?!! cant u buy any part thats in ure truck . i thought no matter what u can always fix it.

skeeter1255 09-21-2006 08:03 PM

ya i thouht u can always fix a truck wat happend that "its in the shop"

ThunderbirdJunkie 09-21-2006 08:25 PM

the X won't top out any faster than your 25, but it'll get there quicker. the 4.1 is an improvement over the old .25. but seriously, whta's wrong with your truck? you might be better off just replacing some worn out parts and keepin it going.

amwhite2005 09-22-2006 01:16 AM

I would also wait for the XSS if you want a new truck. It will be a lot better than the X, and faster...

Gravrober 09-22-2006 06:27 AM

ORIGINAL: skeeter1255

ya i thouht u can always fix a truck wat happend that "its in the shop"
thats easy for you to say.

[&:]

lauderboy 09-22-2006 01:43 PM

it needs about 300£s of stuff to get it going good again
2x diffs
1x chassis
1x new engine and all the bits clutch etc
3x wheels
1x gearbox
plus all the radio gear
lots of screws
engine mount
body
fuel tank

but thats what happens when you go head to head with a transit van

lauderboy 09-22-2006 01:47 PM

does ne 1 no of anyother rell good fast trucks as i need lots of speed

-whitey- 09-24-2006 10:33 AM

ORIGINAL: lauderboy

it needs about 300£s of stuff to get it going good again
2x diffs
1x chassis
1x new engine and all the bits clutch etc
3x wheels
1x gearbox
plus all the radio gear
lots of screws
engine mount
body
fuel tank

but thats what happens when you go head to head with a transit van
u got it ran over?!!

Gravrober 09-24-2006 10:40 AM

ORIGINAL: lauderboy

does ne 1 no of anyother rell good fast trucks as i need lots of speed
what?...does special ed let you guys on line?

durrrr...[sm=stupid.gif]

lauderboy 10-01-2006 07:49 AM

neway is the x any good or not

SAVAGEJIM 10-01-2006 08:45 AM

You can rebuild your Savage. You have the technology to make it stronger, faster....

Anyways, as bad as it may look, you can rebuild it even though it is totalled. Most of the stuff can be replaced and I'm guessing that getting it running wiil cost about half the price of buying a brand new Savage. There are way cheap .28 engine on-line and the other parts you listed can be bought fairly cheaply at the LHS or on-line as well.

The X is a good truck and with minor upgrades, it can be made into the hard core basher everyone loves.
If you have your mind set on the Savage X (and if I were in your situation), I would buy the Savage X upgrade kit. You can get those for about $120USD (about 60BP). All you will need is a new engine (get one of those every one has been talking about like the SH or its derivatives, STS, etc.), new rims (these are'nt too expensive), new tank and engine mount (again not too expensive). As for your diffs, are the spider gears still servicable? I assume they are still intact even after being run over by a small bus (I assume a transit van is a small bus). Also, if the 13T bevel and 43T rings also made it, you will only have to drop those in the new easy access X-diff housings that come with the X-upgrade kit. The X-upgrade kit even gives you the new X-gear case and your tranny guts will drop right in without any problems. If your suspension arms were also trashed from the accident, don't sweat it. The X-upgrade kit gives you new ones too. Basically, the X-upgrade kit by itself will put your now smashed Savage into a 75% running state.

lauderboy 10-01-2006 01:17 PM

the s*** tried to get money of me from the damage done to his van [sm=punching.gif]
and what you say is true i could by the x kit and repair my savvy but
if i buy a new x i will have a lot of spares from my busted one i just dont know what to do [sm=confused.gif]

Revo Eater 10-01-2006 03:22 PM

If you got the money, buy the new X SS.

lauderboy 10-07-2006 08:55 AM

[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

MiamizFinest 10-07-2006 11:12 AM

get the X SS that way u have good speed out of the box and you get to buy your own servos and radio gear!!! plus have alot of spare parts is never a bad thing!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WISH i had a broken down savage laying around that way when ever i needed a screw or some stupid lil thing i can just rip it of the other one!!!!

HerrSavage 10-07-2006 11:17 AM

I just did exactly that - but the other way around.. Took the SG brass bushing and antenna tube from my SS kit to put on my 25..