RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   HPI Monster Truck Forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hpi-monster-truck-forum-250/)
-   -   um.. idle problem? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hpi-monster-truck-forum-250/6256275-um-idle-problem.html)

holinger91 08-18-2007 09:53 PM

um.. idle problem?

ok, so my truck ran great today and i was gettin her all tuned up nice... and got it to the perfect acceleration point where it barely lifts the front wheels but doesnt flip, and then i turned the low needle a little bit more.. and then drove it, and then it started to roll on idle... i ran and got it and shut it down... brought it to the cinder block where it couldnt run away, and noticed a sound as if fuel was burning... so i brought the car over and set it by the fan to let it cool down, pulled the start to make sure the engine still could turn over, which it could. started it up again and it started idleing normal, then started very slowly climbing in speed till it was running all out... i cant figure out whats happening. i took off the filter and looked in and the carborater is still at its correct position. i turned the low speed needle back that small turn that i did before it started doing it and it still kept doing it... whats happening here?

---RC PiNYoT--- 08-18-2007 10:11 PM

RE: um.. idle problem?

Either you have an airleak somewhere or no fuel is reaching the carb. Or a combinatiuon of both. First check to see if there are air bubbles in the fuel line going to the carb. You may have holes in the fuel line or loose connections to and from the fuel filter or tank. Then check and seal the carb and backplate with RTV.

holinger91 08-19-2007 08:49 PM

these things would make it take off slowly until full throtle? whats rtv......

CWC 08-20-2007 02:44 PM

Try a search on this forum and that should answer your questions.

holinger91 08-20-2007 05:52 PM

i've tried... no luck

holinger91 08-21-2007 07:42 PM

..... bump? somebody has to know the problem

DaveG55 08-21-2007 08:50 PM

You were already told to search for an air leak. The symptoms you have described fit an air leak pretty well. Have you checked for that yet? If so, what did you do?
I find it hard to believe that you did a fourm search on air leaks and came up with nothing, very hard to believe.

holinger91 08-21-2007 10:31 PM

nothing fit my situation.. and nothing helped ... so yes i searched.. and came up with nothing useful

carldav 08-21-2007 10:51 PM

Try searching using keyword "Engine Sealing". You will get several results.

carldav 08-21-2007 11:00 PM

sorry double post :)