RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   HPI Monster Truck Forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hpi-monster-truck-forum-250/)
-   -   I REALLY need to know everything about the savage 4.6 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hpi-monster-truck-forum-250/7212491-i-really-need-know-everything-about-savage-4-6-a.html)

cdub123cw 03-11-2008 11:12 PM

I REALLY need to know everything about the savage 4.6

i need people that either have the truck or have had one like it like the savage x please help me out im going to buy it after my birthday and i want to make shure that i know everything about it and what i get ripped off on please respond !!

takenotes Bch 03-11-2008 11:37 PM

RE: I REALLY need to know everything about the savage 4.6

No problem read through the HPI forum 75% to 80% is about savages, everything you would ever want to know is there + some, for instance [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3914271/tm.htm]Anyone Own A Savage X[/link]. After you read that if you have any other ??? ask away.

cdub123cw 03-11-2008 11:44 PM

ok ill check it out and how did u put that picture of that skull on their i want to put one of my cars on their plz tell me

drivefastgto 03-12-2008 02:00 AM

Don't forget HPI's website...:)

THE BASHER 03-12-2008 02:24 AM

you can put one of your pics in that space by going to my models then on the right hand side there is a big space and it will say no photo in it under neathe there it should say some thing like upload photo click it then browse you hard drive for your photo then up load it :)

takenotes Bch 03-12-2008 02:25 AM

Go to "My Account" at the top of the screen. Then click on "Forum Settings", then go to "Avatar". Click the the link to "Upload My Picture"
Then choose your picture (85 pixels X 85 pixels) Max. 7KB; jpg/gif/jpeg are supported) If you need help making it fit PM me.

go-to 03-12-2008 11:23 AM

ORIGINAL: drivefastgto

Don't forget HPI's website...:)
Or the manual... :D

Longhair 03-12-2008 04:37 PM

You should get a kit so when you break stuff you will already have the experience to fix it yourself.

cdub123cw 03-12-2008 05:49 PM

ok thx guys alot!!!

cdub123cw 03-12-2008 06:13 PM

hey takenotes bch i need to make my picture smaller it says

petes66 03-12-2008 06:48 PM

you will learn as you go, trust me.

dannyol12 03-12-2008 07:15 PM

hi i own a savage x
i am currently upgrading the engine to the 4.6HO engine

hpi are one of the only model companys that i truly beleive in . i can go to the top of a two storie building and drop it off without any damage (providing it lands tyres down)
they are the most robust rc car ever
if you are going to get the reverse module then do it the proper way with a three channel tranny (remote) and receiver so that you switch it on to reverse with a switch , as opposed to using a mixer which switches into reverse after brakes are applied for X seconds or two pushes of the brake simultaneously. this can be a real hastle because it can switch into reverse when you dont want it to. this can also cause the chewing of gears and that can be expensive.

i recomend that you do not rush into it and try to go to a couple of different model shops and see what you think. try to see what some of the coustomers think of the after sales care / shop in general because sometimes all the shop wnts to do is sell the product and move on, they are not good to go to. if this is one of ur first rc cars they may try to tell you that nitro is a load of hastle , do not beleive them it is great fun and easy if u look on the internet at the proper steps to use of rc cars

a word of warning. some electric may be faster etc but they become boring.

nothing beats a savage
have fun

dannyol12

cdub123cw 03-12-2008 11:45 PM

thanx that help