RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   HPI Monster Truck Forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hpi-monster-truck-forum-250/)
-   -   A Little Side Project (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hpi-monster-truck-forum-250/7587472-little-side-project.html)

SaVaGe MaN SS 06-06-2008 09:36 AM

A Little Side Project

1 Attachment(s)
This rig started it's life as an s25 powerd savy. when i picked it up at a garage sale for $20 it was in real bad shape, rims and tires were junk, the ol s25 was blown, chassis was bent, all sevos were stripped, rear diff was stripped, front dogbones were missing, rear center dogbone was twisted, no pipe.

so i bought it anyway:D

i added 1/2 offset proline dish wheels, crimefighter tires, silverrado body, hpi lcg tvp kit, hpi polished tuned pipe, 17mm hubs, 3 speed tranny, x ss all metal diffs, bell crank sevo saver, robinson steel spur and clutch bell, savage xl sf5 sevo and sf2, xl heavy duty dogbones and axles, still in need of a motor, the one in truck is only for mockup along with pipe, motor has a cracked block, and body still needs to be lowered. btw this has gotton very stable you really have to try hard to flip it.

Feel free to leave any comments or sugestions.

Jeff.

And on to the pics

brett65 06-06-2008 09:42 AM

RE: A Little Side Project

Get you an X radio box and you'll be set. Looks good!

MTboy 06-06-2008 12:56 PM

Man that looks sick.. Like the body and wondering why it looks so low... Is it bc of the wheels/tires? Good work..

SaVaGe MaN SS 06-06-2008 02:50 PM

ORIGINAL: MTboy

Man that looks sick.. Like the body and wondering why it looks so low... Is it bc of the wheels/tires? Good work..
that and i got some shorter shock shafts so it will limit the suspension to make it lower and more stable

Vigilante212 06-06-2008 05:29 PM

Awsome bringing a savage back to life must certainly guarantee you a place in heaven :)

Wisconsin Nitro 06-06-2008 06:26 PM

why is there fuel in the tank then?

yeah I have a 25 like that except it has nothing just the front and rear parts and the TVP and plates and everything is missing :D

I pull scrwes and parts off of it for parts for the X

SaVaGe MaN SS 06-06-2008 09:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Wisconsin Nitro

why is there fuel in the tank then?

yeah I have a 25 like that except it has nothing just the front and rear parts and the TVP and plates and everything is missing :D

I pull scrwes and parts off of it for parts for the X
i tried to run the motor:D but all i got was an air noise

FRENCHBLUE72 06-06-2008 10:27 PM

Nice I cant believe you boght a savage for 20 bucks... wow.

SaVaGe MaN SS 06-07-2008 01:20 PM

ORIGINAL: FRENCHBLUE72

Nice I cant believe you boght a savage for 20 bucks... wow.
it was very beaten,but all the plastic was good none broken