RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   HPI Monster Truck Forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hpi-monster-truck-forum-250/)
-   -   savage x oneway slipping all the time?? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hpi-monster-truck-forum-250/8104762-savage-x-oneway-slipping-all-time.html)

sadsavage 11-01-2008 12:10 PM

savage x oneway slipping all the time??

hi guys i new to this forum thought id join one since i constantly need help with this i got my truck for christmas and since last year i have only maby had 10l through it as its constantly breakn my main prob at the min is the one way berring i have replaced it 4 times now and i even fitted a pull start cos i thought it was my roto start wrecking them but i have done two with the pull start i got that pissed i left the truck for about 6 mts with out even looking at it but pulled it out the other day and took it apart i cleaned the berring and refitted it it worked perfect took quite long to start the truck had to heat up the engine first to get it to start dont no why this was so if anyone has an answer would be great thanks but anyway ran it for about 15 mins until i ran a tank of fuel through it decided to take it somewear good got there and tryed to start it but the pull start just pulling with the berring slipping constant then the odd grip but back to slip strait after i think there oil somehow getn on to the shaft and letn the bering slip but where from cos i sealed round the casing with silicone to stop anything getn in could it be coming out of the back of the engine somehow?? anyone can enlighten me would be great thanks soz about the long story but i just want it fixed to have a bit of fun but seems like more hassle than its worth

PrjctStrtFrce 11-01-2008 12:15 PM

RE: savage x oneway slipping all the time??

If you are running really rich with a high % of oil in the fuel, then fuel will sip out of that shaft and get into the bearing causing it to slip. Also, if you say you replaced the bearing that many times, have you ever replaced the shaft? It could be that the shaft is too thin now due to the abuse that its taken from the OWBs.

Clean the best OWB that you have, get a new shaft, lean out the motor, and go have some fun! ;)

sadsavage 11-01-2008 12:23 PM

i had to put it back to factory settings to try and get it started but once i got it started with the heat i turned the screw back in think about 2 turns not positive tho as for the fuel its 25% thats what it recomends in the book i think lol i havent changed the shaft but when i clean or replace the owb it grips fine so i can only imagine there oil coming through how do i stop it coming through?? thanks for replying

PrjctStrtFrce 11-01-2008 12:28 PM

Two turns? Isn't that a bit too lean...? Try getting a new shaft maybe? If cleaning it doesn't help then maybe you've just worn down the shaft a bit from using the roto-start. How do you clean the OWB?

BudBud 11-01-2008 12:31 PM

25 percent nitro, but what is the oil percentage? A lot of RTR fuels are 18 percent oil. It does a great job of protecting your bearings, rod, sleeve, but it just oil soaks the inside of the engine. I like to find 12-14 percent oil and 30 percent Nitro. A lot of times you can clean those one way bearings with gun solvent. Sometimes when they get to slipping, they can be removed and soaked in nitro fuel in the field to dessolve some of the accumulated oil. As the fuel left in your engine evaporates, it leaves a thick greasy residue behind. That is why it may work before storage and not after. Bud

sadsavage 11-01-2008 12:33 PM

i am not positive about the turns if that two lean then it must not be because it ran perfect until the tank ran done soz its been a while lol like i said it works perfect if i clean it clean it with wd40 and white sperit but after a run it wont catch the shaft so i cant see it being the shaft must be oil getn onto it somehow will a new shaft stop oil ?? thanks

sadsavage 11-01-2008 12:39 PM

i just went and checked it doesnt say its called
model technics molecular blended fuel formulated for reliability with proformance power duraglo 25 glow fuel
doesnt say about the oil but i have noticed a real greesy residue do you think its the fuel then??

sadsavage 11-01-2008 12:52 PM

i searched the net there and came accross this % Make-up of DURAGLO

E.D.L. Oil
Castor Oil
Nitromethane
Methanol

Duraglo 25
9%
6%
25%
60%

Savage SS BEAST 11-01-2008 03:06 PM

My one way started to slip like crazy every day before i started it i had to clean it. After a while that started to get old so i got mad and threw it in to some paint thinner thing hasn't slipped since

46u 11-01-2008 05:08 PM

Some good reading and backs up my experiences.

Why 8% to 12% Oil

Using high oil content fuels in gas car engines won't provide improved engine life, as some would expect. Through extensive testing we've discovered the point of diminishing return as far as oil content to engine life is actually around 8% for most car engines. In other words any more oil than 8% in the fuel does noting to improve the life of a car engine. In fact the secondary effects of high oil content fuels can actually cause engine damage by encouraging over lean runs. Here's how.

Using high oil content fuel causes a car engine to be unresponsive during acceleration acting as if the engine were running rich. Typically when using high oil content fuel, in order to get crisp acceleration and response, an engine will need to be adjusted overly lean. In addition the high oil content prevents lean bog when an engine is over-leaned thus allowing the engine to run at this lean setting without the customary telltale lean bog warning letting you know the engine is overheating.

In summary, high oil content fuels don't give added protection. The point of diminishing return from a protection standpoint in a gas car application is about 8% oil depending on the oil type and engine. Anymore oil than this doesn't offer added protection and has potential secondary effects that reduce performance and can actually cause you to over lean your engine in an attempt to get crisp throttle response and acceleration.

PrjctStrtFrce 11-01-2008 05:37 PM

46u-You really like that article, dontcha?! :)

46u 11-01-2008 05:49 PM

ORIGINAL: PrjctStrtFrce

46u-You really like that article, dontcha?! :)
Yes as it backs up what I have experienced and tells it like it is. ;)

sadsavage 11-03-2008 06:51 AM

right good bit of reading makes sence cheers so what is in the stuf i am runing is 6% 9% or both combined 15% if it 15% spose that my prob then

savage ss like i said already when i clean it proper it works fine to start it then after its been runing for a while it wont grip whatsoever so only thing i can think is its seeping through somewear but where??? thanks

ThunderbirdJunkie 11-03-2008 08:29 AM

I miss White Lightning:(

Nathan9492 11-03-2008 09:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Take a piece of sand paper and run it up and down on the one way bearing, it will make little grooves and helps it grab a bit better.

Little picture to show u which way to sand ^^:D

its worked for me

sadsavage 11-04-2008 12:11 PM

http://i8.ebayimg.com/08/i/001/03/c0/b13a_1.JPG see the hole in the middle when the shaft is in this what stops the oil from coming through? is there a seal?? cheers and cheers fot the sand paper idea will try that cheers

tex808 12-04-2008 12:32 AM

sorry to be nosy and late but i had the same problem and nobody expained it to me either, you experts. For instance everybody went in to deep nobody asked did you let the fuel get in on its own which takes forever, did you blow in the tube or did you crank and hold the exhaust hole????????Too much fuel will get on the bearing or too much after run. I had the same ( not patients theory)experience but either take it off and dry it (not sand it...Dumb ass , it will make it smaller), or just put it in a warm place for a day and let it dry then if it doesnt work check the owb but 85% of the time it will work

ThunderbirdJunkie 12-04-2008 12:34 AM

ORIGINAL: Nathan9492

Take a piece of sand paper and run it up and down on the one way bearing, it will make little grooves and helps it grab a bit better.

Little picture to show u which way to sand ^^:D
You're freaking kidding ThunderbirdJunkie, right?

Dude, that is NOT the place that the OWB slips.

the INSIDE is what slips...