RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   HPI Monster Truck Forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hpi-monster-truck-forum-250/)
-   -   Savage Flux dead after 20mins Will they repair? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hpi-monster-truck-forum-250/9252653-savage-flux-dead-after-20mins-will-they-repair.html)

spoonrc 11-14-2009 03:36 AM

Savage Flux dead after 20mins Will they repair?

I just dropped $800 aud on a brand new flux. I came home and soldered on all my new connectors to my batteries and charged them (brand new batts) plugged them in and went for a spin, was going great decided to gear down to the 25 pinion and go to the park, at the park for about 3mins when it stopped moving, gave it some more throttle and it went again but then stopped 1 second later.

No lights on the ESC and nothing when i turn it off. I have disconnected the esc from the motor and the rx. No smoke or burning smells. Running on 5000mah 30C 3S obviously in series.

The only thing that is pissing me off the most is that before it stopped working the esc cracked probably from a small flip, it worked absolutely fine after that so I know its nothing to do with that. Will they still repair it for free?

pinkducky 11-14-2009 03:41 AM

RE: Savage Flux dead after 20mins Will they repair?

yes cause it's still under warranty

spoonrc 11-14-2009 04:13 AM

There is a small crack though. wont they just refuse warranty because of it?

pinkducky 11-14-2009 04:29 AM

no - they will cover it. Call HPI and ask for Chris Lugo. He is a great guy and will help you out. My ESC bursts in flames first run. They replaced the whole truck no questions asked.

XmassNoob 11-14-2009 10:34 AM

Good post pink! Chirs is a good guy .... rated yea too. I thought the 25 pinion was on for on tar speed runs? Ido know HPI said not to bash with it

spoonrc 11-14-2009 04:36 PM

Its for running 6S, The 20T was much faster for me. Sure you havent got them mixed around? Says in the manual if running 6S you should use the 25T pinion other wise no warranty is covered.

Freezetron 11-15-2009 01:21 AM

25T pinion is made to get you up to the advertised 62mph WITH HPI street tires. Nothing more.

t9dragon 11-15-2009 02:16 AM

ORIGINAL: spoonrc

I just dropped $800 aud on a brand new flux. I came home and soldered on all my new connectors to my batteries and charged them (brand new batts) plugged them in and went for a spin, was going great decided to gear down to the 25 pinion and go to the park, at the park for about 3mins when it stopped moving, gave it some more throttle and it went again but then stopped 1 second later.

No lights on the ESC and nothing when i turn it off. I have disconnected the esc from the motor and the rx. No smoke or burning smells. Running on 5000mah 30C 3S obviously in series.

The only thing that is pissing me off the most is that before it stopped working the esc cracked probably from a small flip, it worked absolutely fine after that so I know its nothing to do with that. Will they still repair it for free?

/

When you were using the 3s lipo, did you remember to set the LVC for a 3s lipo? If you didn't that might have caused some of your problems...

Freezetron 11-16-2009 12:26 PM

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

ORIGINAL: spoonrc

/

When you were using the 3s lipo, did you remember to set the LVC for a 3s lipo? If you didn't that might have caused some of your problems...

The MMM will automatically detect if its using 4S or 4S LIpo's, you can count the beeps when you turn it on and it corresspends to how my Lipo cells are connected.