RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   HPI Monster Truck Forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hpi-monster-truck-forum-250/)
-   -   Extreme Racing Pipe (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hpi-monster-truck-forum-250/9316898-extreme-racing-pipe.html)

quietnas1 12-09-2009 03:14 PM

Extreme Racing Pipe

Well I found this crazy looking pipe by accident. http://extremercmods.com/?page=pipes
Does anyone have any info on this bad boy?

mubus 12-09-2009 09:33 PM

RE: Extreme Racing Pipe

wow... that is very interesting and unique might look good on my xl
now i am also curious of how it works out
if it good i buy me self 1:P

quietnas1 12-09-2009 09:55 PM

I did some looking around on other forums and the guy has a really good reputation. Think I'm gonna try one. Heard it is loud.

PrjctStrtFrce 12-09-2009 10:29 PM

I believe that that is primarily the design used for airplanes/helicopters...I could be wrong though.

quietnas1 12-10-2009 08:54 AM

Your correct it is for planes, heli's, and boats. But this guy claims to have tuned them for RC ground use as well. IDK I think I may give one a try. Only thing is it seems loud as hell.

ljrce 12-10-2009 07:22 PM

hi all i was able to find this on the pipe while searching youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l15ByKhx4iA if someone finds out something let us know

love gun 12-10-2009 07:38 PM

i talked to him today about this pipe and he is very happy with its performance.I am going to pick up one for sure for my savage x

quietnas1 12-10-2009 08:26 PM

Oh man I am very interested in this pipe. I think I just might get one. That video was awesome.

nordstuff 12-10-2009 09:35 PM

I just got mine on Wednesday,gott say....wowowo.One hell of a thing of beauty,I almost dont want to use it,naaaaaaaaa,just jokes.I put it beside my stock hpi pipe and there is no signifcant diffrence in length.Iam gonna fire it onto the Savy as soon as it stops snowing.I love the way this pipe sounds on all the vids and lets not forget the fact that a pro engine modder made this from scratch with his hands after a load of r&d ,did I mention the fact that its hand made,not mass produced.I'll get it on and let ya know what I think,,,

p.s
It was my first time doing buisness with Extreme rc mods and the level of customer service was second to none,helpful,personal and informative.

jbooker82 12-10-2009 11:10 PM

ORIGINAL: quietnas1
That video was awesome.
You have to remember that it was a .21 picco that had his $135 extreem mod done to it as well. You wont turn those kind of rpms with a non modded larger displacement engine. The larger the engine the lower the rpm that it builds power at.
http://extremercmods.com/?page=prices

ThunderbirdJunkie 12-11-2009 12:30 AM

Sounds like a hardcore exhaust dawg.

'cuz like, all serious racers use rubber couplers on their pipes.

nordstuff 12-11-2009 08:45 AM

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Sounds like a hardcore exhaust dawg.

'cuz like, all serious racers use rubber couplers on their pipes.
???????????????????

quietnas1 12-11-2009 10:43 AM

ORIGINAL: nordstuff

I just got mine on Wednesday,gott say....wowowo.One hell of a thing of beauty,I almost dont want to use it,naaaaaaaaa,just jokes.I put it beside my stock hpi pipe and there is no signifcant diffrence in length.Iam gonna fire it onto the Savy as soon as it stops snowing.I love the way this pipe sounds on all the vids and lets not forget the fact that a pro engine modder made this from scratch with his hands after a load of r&d ,did I mention the fact that its hand made,not mass produced.I'll get it on and let ya know what I think,,,

p.s
It was my first time doing buisness with Extreme rc mods and the level of customer service was second to none,helpful,personal and informative.
Do you have any links to the other videos? Also its good to hear about the customer service. Its nice to know that personlized service is still alive and well. I'm thinking maybe I should get a Buku and this pipe as well and do a comparison with the stock F4.6. What do you think? IDK but I'm really digging this pipe more and more every day. Tell us how it performs when you get a chance to run it.

love gun 12-11-2009 01:19 PM

Nordstuff i think that pipe will be just fine i dont think a guy who modifies engines for a living would build a tuned pipe that doesnt work....[8D]

ThunderbirdJunkie 12-11-2009 01:22 PM

No one pipe works well with every engine.

All ThunderbirdJunkie is gonna say.

XmassNoob 12-11-2009 02:43 PM

ORIGINAL: jbooker82

ORIGINAL: quietnas1
That video was awesome.
You have to remember that it was a .21 picco that had his $135 extreem mod done to it as well. You wont turn those kind of rpms with a non modded larger displacement engine. The larger the engine the lower the rpm that it builds power at.
http://extremercmods.com/?page=prices
This is not a extreme modded mill just a race mod and yes it is a .21 and in a buggy for that matter but it shows it runs well

No one pipe works well with every engine.

All ThunderbirdJunkie is gonna say.
This pipe is adjustable for a wide rang of tuning options/motors So it will work on many...

ThunderbirdJunkie 12-11-2009 03:38 PM

Xmass, not debating whether or not it will work, debating whether it will work AS WELL as A: advertised, B: as the CORRECT pipe for an engine.

You will notice, if you pay attention...that the first video (was posted by ljrce) the car's got some good low-end power. The engine sounds like it peters out when it gets to the top end...but GEE, it's covering ground SO WELL! WHY WOULD THIS BE?!??
Because he's running a 16t clutchbell to help cover up the fact that the thing is a bigger terd on the big end of the rev range than ThunderbirdJunkie's million-gallon-old Mach 427. It falls flat on its face at high RPMs just like a Ford 5.0.
It falls flatter on its face at top speed than ThunderbirdJunkie's own STS D30M powered MBX5R. THIS IS NOT a trait of the engine! This is the entire REASON you match the pipe to the engine!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l15ByKhx4iA[/youtube]

Let's compare that to this JPX21, with a conventional (JP4) pipe:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5qi_ImnmgI[/youtube]

The engine is strong throughout the powerband, with no flat spots on the bottom or the top.
It just pulls, and pulls hard, with no gearing trickery to fool you into thinking it's doing something it's not.

If you wanna waste $100, be ThunderbirdJunkie's guest...it ain't his money.

XmassNoob 12-11-2009 04:07 PM

Cool how does tall gearing cover up No power ? it would fall on its face and not gain any rpm if the power fell off .. I do know that motor has less then half a gal and it has the 16 tooth to keep it in the lower RPM range. that mill will junk itself with the right gears if he were to push it this early. Supertib himself will tell you that...

Post some vid of you XTM please I got to see this ...

ThunderbirdJunkie 12-11-2009 04:09 PM

Actually...after a little research...a 16t CB is the same as a 13t CB on ThunderbirdJunkie's MBX5R

And the car seems even slower after finding THAT out

Also, it DOES fall on its face at high RPM. You can not only hear it, but SEE it.

XmassNoob 12-11-2009 04:15 PM

Every one has a opinion.... Can I see your XTM run ? What is its final drive ratio of your MBX5R and the 808 if you have already done this math you should have it right there with your fast reply's... Sounds like Tib is feeding you soup.

Watching that cloworks jpx looks impressive!!! Till I see it has zero smoke coming from it....... Where can I get this smokeless nitro? I want to see how far I can push a lean running motor too.....

ThunderbirdJunkie 12-11-2009 04:33 PM

ORIGINAL: XmassNoob

Every one has a opinion.... Can I see your XTM run ? What is its final drive ratio of your MBX5R and the 808 if you have already done this math you should have it right there with your fast reply's... Sounds like Tib is feeding you soup.

XTM?

LOL

K dude:) Yeah, XTM makes the MBX5R. Try learning a thing or two about a thing or two before you start trying to call people out.

And you can see the 5R run if you live in SW Ohio.

Hell, may even come up to Central Ohio. Just move on, troll.

HJJFFFAA 12-11-2009 04:41 PM

This thread is moran. Sage. I have no idea why you are arguing with TBJ, Xmassnoob (or whatever your name is). He is right and you are wrong. ANYONE WILL AGREE THAT NO UNIVERSAL PIPE WILL EVER BE AS GOOD AS A PIPE MATCHED TO AN ENGINE.

>XTM
>MBX5R
Yea, no.

XmassNoob 12-11-2009 04:43 PM

XTM?

LOL

K dude:) Yeah, XTM makes the MBX5R. Try learning a thing or two about a thing or two before you start trying to call people out.

And you can see the 5R run if you live in SW Ohio.

Hell, may even come up to Central Ohio. Just move on, troll.
ok so you dont have the specs you were just talking about then ? ??I thought that post looked like you just wanted to bash on the pipe/ercm w/o the facts to back it up. I could care less about that motor but the pipe looks to be working good.... Ijust wanted to see if you were shooting out bull... Thanks for confirming it. I also thought you were talking about a XTM mill. Seeing SHmakes them all I could not see i looking better then the worst running piccio..

ThunderbirdJunkie 12-11-2009 04:46 PM

No, a simple google showed that it was a typical gear to run on the 808.

Sure is offended vendor in here.

ok so you dont have the specs you were just talking about then ? ? ? I thought that post looked like you just wanted to bash on the pipe/ercm w/o the facts to back it up. I could care less about that motor but the pipe looks to be working good.... I just wanted to see if you were shooting out bull... Thanks for confirming it. I also thought you were talking about a XTM mill. Seeing SH makes them all I could not see i looking better then the worst running piccio..
XTM mill
Mach 427

Wat?

Mr. Expert doesn't realize that the Mach 427 is (while very similar to) not an XTM .247?

Know did dyslexia found you cure for a?

XmassNoob 12-11-2009 04:56 PM

No, a simple google showed that it was a typical gear to run on the 808.

Sure is offended vendor in here.

ok so you dont have the specs you were just talking about then ? ? ? I thought that post looked like you just wanted to bash on the pipe/ercm w/o the facts to back it up. I could care less about that motor but the pipe looks to be working good.... I just wanted to see if you were shooting out bull... Thanks for confirming it. I also thought you were talking about a XTM mill. Seeing SH makes them all I could not see i looking better then the worst running piccio..
XTM mill
Mach 427

Wat?

Mr. Expert doesn't realize that the Mach 427 is (while very similar to) not an XTM .247?

Know did dyslexia found you cure for a?
Mach 427 is a SH motor... same as LRPspec 2 if you dig into and look , also SH ... Again I care less about Ercm<-!!! that seams to be the argument here... I think the pipe looks good all I was saying ..