Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Aerofly pro interface problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 01:17 PM
computermonkey
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Aerofly pro interface problem

I original sent in my interface cable to Ikarus in Florida (per the support website). I have used this interface cable with out any problems up until it stopped working. I didn't hear from anybody for a week and half so I finally called. The guy said I needed a new interface and cable. Ok so I paid for it. I got the new interface and cable, went to hook it up to the computer....same problem so I called. Same guy said now I need to buy an adapter for a JR radio. This is where I started to get bent. I included with the original interface cable a document stating what problem I was having and that I was using a JR radio for my transmitter. In the email he stated that I had to have an adapter for it to work. When I took a picture of the manual that showed no adapter was need he quickly dropped that but still said I had to buy the adapter. feeling trapped I went a head and bought the adapter.

I can't believe the poor service and treatment I have received up till now.

Well I got the adapter today and still having the same issue. I have attached two picture, one of the error and the other of the interface and adapter.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82443.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	1594360   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jf11888.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	1594361  
Old 04-15-2011, 04:28 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Default RE: Aerofly pro interface problem

Which JR radio model are you using? Did you set it to PPM mode? Are you using a usb hub or a native usb port in your PC? Your cable connections for a JR radio should be as the attached diagram. Ensure that all connectors are pushed all the way in.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94556.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	1594421  
Old 04-15-2011, 05:12 PM
computermonkey

Hi Rajul, I came across a post you had made with the same picture. I called support again and told them they only sent the usb interface stick. He is suppose to send me another stick and the three wire adapter. Again very frustrating.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:31 PM
rajul

I need all the info in my post above to assess your problem
Old 04-25-2011, 05:18 PM
gordyd4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My AFPD cable just failed. After searching on a few forums I am finding out that the AFP cables have a problem failing. Mine is only 4 years old. These should last, really for a lot longer than that. Now they tell me I'm gonna have to shell out more money after I just upgraded a month before the cable failed. I think the rep on here is just to give you lip service. After a week and half he tells me nothingother than waste my time. He told me to contact the Manufacture. SO I did, now they want more money. I emailed Ikarus back with my dissatisfaction of the situation. So if they do not take care of it, I will watch this forum daily.

So Ikarus now has a Pisse$ off customer. Go search the forums, you'll see there is a problem with the cable.

Old 04-28-2011, 06:56 PM
gordyd4

pm sent
Old 05-01-2011, 03:58 PM
computermonkey

ikarus support in FL finally came through after weeks of him only sending one item at a time. Again very frustrating. I guess this is the last time I buy anything from them, they only send one item at a time instead of everything that you paid for. How cheap can you be?
Old 05-01-2011, 06:29 PM
rajul

I have forwarded your feedback to Ikarus USA
Old 05-05-2011, 08:16 PM
gordyd4

Very poor service- horrible co. to deal with and I'll be making my opinions both publicly and privately. They told me my cable was 4 years old and I needed to buy a new one. they have a problem and I'm gonna make sure everyone knows about it. They should have replaced my kids 50.00 cable.
He'll delete this post, but that won't stop me from my opinion.