Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Aerofly Interface Cable Futaba 7C

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Cyclops1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerofly Interface Cable Futaba 7C

Just purchased new Futaba 7C 2.4 gig radio. What is the best place to find an interface cable to fit for Aerofly deluxe. Any suggestions?
Old 02-04-2012, 06:59 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Aerofly Interface Cable Futaba 7C

cyclops, do you already have AFPD or AF5? They come with a usb interface cable. The software will only work with the original usb interface cable, and you can't buy the interface cable by itself. If you're referring to an adapter cable for your radio, then there are a few choices where you could get it from.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:18 AM
Cyclops1

Rajul,

Here the situation. I currently have AFPD but I've misplaced the interface cable that came with it. At the time I purchased AFPD I was using a Futaba Super 8 72 mg transmitter with a round plug in the back. That radio died so now I'm using a Futaba 7C 2.4 gig transmitter with a square plug in the back. If I locate my original interface cable is there adapter to go round to square and where can you get it? If not, I might consider purchasing Aero 5 since my AFPD is 5 years old. One last thing, are there any issues I should be aware of concerning using AFPD or Aero 5 with a Futaba 7C transmitter? Thanks for you help.

Jeff
Cyclops1
Old 02-05-2012, 07:26 AM
rajul

Jeff, well it is important you locate back the original usb interface cable. For newer Futaba radios with the square micro connector, the following adapters will work just fine http://www.ikarus-modellbau.de/onlin...ca088.63839801 or http://www.fxaeromodels.com/product_...oducts_id=1658
Old 02-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Cyclops1

Rajul,

Success. After sifting through some old boxes in storage closet I located my AFPD interface cable. I've already placed an order for the square pinned adapter cable. Just one more question. Since I already have AFPD are there any upgrades available that will work with it? Not in position to buy Aerofly 5 right now, so I was just wondering? Thanks very for your help.......

Jeff
Cyclops1
Old 02-05-2012, 05:24 PM
rajul

Jeff, which AFPD version do you have i.e. platinum or non-platinum? Which addons do you already have?
Old 02-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Cyclops1

Rajul,

My disk does not say platinum. It say AFPD version 1.8.0.17. I purchased this disk over 5 year ago but it still work fine.

Jeff
Cyclops1
Old 02-05-2012, 09:45 PM
rajul

I guess you don't have any of the AFPD addons. Ikarus USA used to sell the various addons for AFPD individually but the latest check with their website only offers all the addons in the platinum version of AFPD http://www.ikarus-modellbau.de/onlin...e70d5.36054282 You could give them a call to check if you could still buy the addons (five of them). I would suggest that you save up towards AF5 because many additional models and sceneries are included free in software patches that can be downloaded from the IPACS website.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:41 PM
Cyclops1

Rajul,

My AFPD interface cable has developed a short in the end with the phono plug. I'm currently using in an Aurora 9 transmitter. It works fine as long as don't jiggle it while I flying. Is there any way I fix or replace it?

Jeff....
Old 07-13-2012, 08:18 PM
rajul

Jeff, please start a new thread on your question.