Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Rajul...A couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 05:22 PM
brentg269
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rajul...A couple questions

Rajul,

I have aerofly 5.7.5.3 and trying to use the AC3d plugin ac3d to tgc, It errors on start-up and says I dont have a valid license for the plug-in, Have you heard or run across this before?

Also..I have seen your answer in other threads about using a y-adapter when using Spektrum radios, I have 2 dx5e one rear plug and one side plug, the rear plugged dx5e works fine with just the mini plugs and Ikarus dongle but the side plugged dx5e and my dx7 don't, any reason why the rear Dx5e works without the y-adapter?What does the y-adapter do? Just curious before i spend the money, i really do want the 7ch dx7 for the sim..

Thanks for all your support answers on this forum.

Brent

Old 07-06-2012, 03:16 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Rajul...A couple questions

Brent,

1) Did you place the personal license file into the folder where your plugin resides? The personal license file can be downloaded in the member section of AFPD, under the Tools section http://aerofly.com/afpd/member.html The specific instruction on the license file is as below:

Personal license file:
All converter and plugins on this page require a personal license file with a *.lic extension. Click here to download your personal license file. Please do not rename this license file. Copy the downloaded license file to the respective folder where your converter or plugin resides.

2) JR/Spektrum uses a 3.5mm mono socket for the trainer/DSC port. The connector at the end of the AFPD/AF5 usb interface is a 3.5mm stereo plug. You will not get the correct electrical connections between the two type of connectors, but due to the socket dimensional/pitch tolerance (which varies from one JR/Spektrum radio to another, and from one socket production batch to another), in very rare cases they "work" but may be intermittent. Therefore, it is recommended to get an Ikarus stereo-to-mono adapter for JR/Spektrum radios. I have provided a link below where you can get it from:

http://shop.ikarus-usa.com/accessori...-transmitters/
Old 07-06-2012, 10:34 AM
brentg269

ORIGINAL: rajul

Brent,

1) Did you place the personal license file into the folder where your plugin resides? The personal license file can be downloaded in the member section of AFPD, under the Tools section http://aerofly.com/afpd/member.html The specific instruction on the license file is as below:
/

Thanks for info on the stereo to mono cord. I tried to use the link provided for the plugin license file you listed, I am only a member at Ikarus forums, I cant join the afpd site , i dont have the afpd software for the serial number its asking for to join, I only have areofly 5.7 and areofly fs, I am suprised they don't have that license requirement listed in the aerofly 5.7 download area or within the developer tools download file.Guess I will have to go to a different file conversion route.

Thanks

Old 07-06-2012, 05:40 PM
rajul

IPACS has not adapted the member section for aerofly5 website yet. You can get the serial number for your usb interface in AF5 by going to Help->About Aerofly5. Ignore the zero digits in front.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:33 AM
brentg269

Yep, That worked,Got the license,. Thanks for all your help.

Brent
Old 07-07-2012, 05:09 AM
rajul

Sounds great!