Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Aero Fly Deluxe Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 03:52 AM
bikerbc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aero Fly Deluxe Question

I have Aero Fly Pro Deluxe installed on my computer and have had this programme for some time . I have moved it from computer to new computer as time went on . I haven't ever used it much but lately I have been getting into it . What I am wondering is , Is there newer better versions available now ? I would guess this one is about 3 years old . I am hopeless at loading things onto my computer . I would need to get help most likely . It seems like I have lost some of the planes I used to have . I am almost thinking I need to start over and wonder would I need to purchase a new aero Fly set to get things back in order ? ..I don't even know if I could find my old aero fly disk anymore . I might be able to , I haven't looked yet .
Old 12-02-2013, 10:38 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The latest version of Aerofly R/C flight simulator is the Aerofly5 http://www.aerofly.com/index.html You could upgrade from AFPD to AF5 if you still have the usb interface cable or game commander. Do you still have the usb interface cable with you?
Old 12-02-2013, 03:58 PM
bikerbc

I have a cable that hooks to my transmitter that has an extra square jack with six prongs ...one end plugs into a usb port. would that be it ? If that's not it would I have to have the one that came with it ? I have another short one with three ends..Two ends are about 1/2" around with five prongs and one looks like a head phone jack .. I have a bunch of cables but I just don't know whats what.. I know this stuff belongs because it has stickers saying Ikarurus ..
Old 12-02-2013, 10:08 PM
rajul

Please post a photo of the cables you have.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:12 AM
bikerbc

Here they are .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	wiring harness 004.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	1944396   Click image for larger version

Name:	wiring harness 001.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	1944397  
Old 12-03-2013, 09:21 AM
rajul

It looks like you have all the cables you need. Please contact Ikarus USA on the AFPD to AF5 upgrade http://shop.ikarus-usa.com/aerofly-5...-877-550-2376/ It seems to be out of stock but perhaps Frank could assist you.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:55 PM
bikerbc

Thank you so much for your help .. This is a bit embarrassing but I had stroke over a year ago and although I have recovered quite a bit but I am still very slow..(Stupid) I have a difficult time with complicated things...I had to get my wife to post the pictures for me .. Is this something that is going to require much thinking ? If there is any remembering involved I am hooped. My short term memory is gone . I have a friend that calibrates and sets my Aero fly up for me when I get a new computer but he goes south to Arizona for the winter.. Should I wait for him to come back ?................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................................ / //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Old 12-03-2013, 08:36 PM
Leroy Gardner

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

"Hey Ken, long time no hear from you", was thinking of you lately and spent some time looking for posts to say hi. The old stroke is still playing with you huh, was hoping you had a full recovery. Wish you well and we could still get together some time, we'll see.

Take care, Leroy
Old 12-04-2013, 05:47 AM
bikerbc

Hi Leroy Good to hear from you , Ya I am still fighting . I am presently building an Elder .. I have it close to the covering stage .. I would love to get together.. Maybe in the Summer for a ride.. I haven't ridden in two yrs. .. I have 150 hp. sitting there waiting ..Thanks for checkin in
Old 12-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Leroy Gardner

Good to hear back from you too Ken, if I make it up there I will have 4 wheels under me, I don't ride the wind any more. Glad your still building, me too, got a 1/4 scale Spacewalker 11 almost ready for covering, there has been some changes made to it and you would like it. You can take a peek at it here: www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2012786 it's been a fun build, hope to see you there.

Regards, Leroy
Old 12-05-2013, 06:24 AM
bikerbc

I visited your build Leroy and it is beautiful as usual . You are a very talented man and have an obvious passion for the hobby that comes out in your builds , It makes them interesting to watch .. I just thought I would mention I am unable to post on the other site because I have forgotten my password and for some reason I an unable to reset .. Me and my head I am sure anyway........You might be interested to know that you can purchase replacement gear for the horizon Hobby PA18 Super Cub that is almost the same as the Robart Gear but only half the price... $87.00 I think . It comes painted and covered.. You can get it in either J3 yellow or white...I just finished a 1/4 Cub and put a set on it . As far as I can tell it is equal to the Robart gear which I also have a set of..
Old 12-05-2013, 06:54 AM
bikerbc

Also if you are interested in wheel pants you can purchace a set for $16 completely finished and painted.. They are a bit flimsy but you can always add an extra layer of glass to the inside if you wish . They also had fiberglass cowls that are now on backorder ( for $30.00 ) I bought one for mine as a spare .. They are completely finished too and quite nice ..
Old 12-05-2013, 12:42 PM
Leroy Gardner

Originally Posted by bikerbc
Also if you are interested in wheel pants you can purchace a set for $16 completely finished and painted.. They are a bit flimsy but you can always add an extra layer of glass to the inside if you wish . They also had fiberglass cowls that are now on backorder ( for $30.00 ) I bought one for mine as a spare .. They are completely finished too and quite nice ..
Thank you Ken, where were you when I needed you. I think I took it in the shorts on some purchases. It's hard to know all the ins and outs of where to buy stuff unless guys here advise you, I'm going to check out the cub gear you mentioned and the wheel pants, the ABS ones in the kit suck.

I'm building my SW on RCU also and I'm trying to find A URL to get you there, the one on upper bar will not go there for some reason. I'm building it on the tail end of VincentJ's !/4 scale Spacewalker 11 build in the kit building section, would love to have you along for the finish.

Really great I found you and would like to stay in touch, could do some of that on RCU, hope you feel the same way.

My best, Leroy
Old 12-05-2013, 01:32 PM
bikerbc

Yes I do .. I would like to stay in touch .. When my wife gets home I will ask her if she can get me signed up on the other site.. I am so lucky to have her , she looks after me so well...What are you powering with? I am using a DLE 20 on mine .
Old 12-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Leroy Gardner

Yes I do .. I would like to stay in touch .. When my wife gets home I will ask her if she can get me signed up on the other site.. I am so lucky to have her , she looks after me so well...What are you powering with? I am using a DLE 20 on mine .
Great, we'll do that. I have a DLE 35RA going in mine, has good power to lift the added weight in mine, it swings a 20-8 prop, my tiger 20 swings a 16-8, these engines really put out, I like the DLE engines and have 3 of them now. Going to be hard to ever go to nitro engines again.

Leroy
Old 12-05-2013, 06:57 PM
bikerbc

I have wondered about the DLE35s , we are going to run DLE 30s in our Spits and I have been toying with the Idea of upgrading ..I am starting to enjoy the gassers too although my G26 in my PA18 has given me some grief.. Been back to horizon twice . Very unusual for that to happen to a Zenoah however now its running great ,in fact I have three of them . One is a spare ...For obvious reasons ..The Zenoah's are a bit heavier ..
Old 12-05-2013, 08:34 PM
Leroy Gardner

I have wondered about the DLE35s , we are going to run DLE 30s in our Spits and I have been toying with the Idea of upgrading ..I am starting to enjoy the gassers too although my G26 in my PA18 has given me some grief.. Been back to horizon twice . Very unusual for that to happen to a Zenoah however now its running great ,in fact I have three of them . One is a spare ...For obvious reasons ..The Zenoah's are a bit heavier ..
Ken the 35 rear exaust is a great engine for narrow cowls, DLE is doing it to the 20cc now also. As you know I put it in the tiger and it's all in the cowl with the compact JTEC muffler available at Tower Hobby. What do the Spits weigh, if they are around 16 lbs. a 35 will be a strong engine for it.

The zenoah's are good engines, they droped one of them from production, forget which one and it's getting harder to compete with the lighter engines and you don't have to cut the cowl all up.

Leroy
Old 12-07-2013, 09:20 AM
rajul

Hello guys, could you discuss your topic via PM as this is a support forum for aerofly. Thanks for your cooperation.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:15 PM
Leroy Gardner

Sorry Mike, your right, we just got excited finding each other again.

Ken did you get your Aerofly figured out and working,?.

Leroy