Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

AFPD Wishlist

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 03:26 PM
jonlowe
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AFPD Wishlist

Another wish: Redone interface on aircraft parameter changes. The whole interface is counter intuitive. Took me awhile to figure out what the stuff in the lower RH portion of the screen was for. at first I only thought I could change the stuff that initially appeared on the screen. Putting most of the major parameters on one page would help, such as throws, etc, or you could put ALL of the parameters on the page when it first appears and forget all of the stuff in the lower RH portion of the screen.

Also a way to directly compare two or more airplane setups would be very useful, so you could see what changed.

How about an ability to easily printout a setup so people could send that rather than a whole file for minor changes?

Jon Lowe
Old 01-07-2005, 05:23 PM
otterbein

Hi there.
I've got one that is more of a convenience issue, but it would still be nice I think. I would like it if you could set the weather conditions ie: windspeed, direction, etc. for each of the different sceneries and have AFPD remember this and load your presets automatically with each scene so you don't always have to change them each time you change the scene.

There are a lot of good ideas listed in this thread, I hope they can make it into the program.

Regards.

Cornel
Old 01-07-2005, 05:30 PM
RC330LXFlya
My Feedback: (3)

I would really enjoy a RadioCraft 35% Extra 330LX to practice IMAC/Freestyle. I know the Extra 330S is close, but its just not quite like my good ole RadioCraft.

Thanks
Old 01-07-2005, 06:44 PM
El_Guapo

Aerobob, could you share your tweaks for the Smaragd? This is my favorite AFPD plane so far and it's making me want to go and buy a pattern ship

One thing I would comment on is to make the Raptor a little more stable - I fly (well, hover still) a Raptor 30v2 and it is not even close to being as unstable as the Raptor in AFPD - I had to turn the sim speed down to about 85% before it felt more realistic. Plus the landing skids break off too easily - I know my Rappy has taken harder hits than that in real life

All in all, this sim has been an AWESOME investment so far!
Jacek
Old 01-07-2005, 07:16 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

Removed at request
Old 01-07-2005, 07:26 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Aerobob, I don't mean to spoil the party, but you need explicit permission to post that file from IPACS as per the EULA.

Of course you can post it, but not until IPACS says it's ok.

Thanks!
Old 01-07-2005, 07:28 PM
Bob Pastorello

bye
Old 01-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Bob Pastorello

bye
Old 01-07-2005, 08:53 PM
Ace in the hole
My Feedback: (2)

One thing I would comment on is to make the Raptor a little more stable - I fly (well, hover still) a Raptor 30v2 and it is not even close to being as unstable as the Raptor in AFPD
Wow, I don't own a heli yet so I am not sure how they actually fly, but I bought aerofly to help me with them for when I am ready to buy one. I have played with the raptor for a few hours and have no trouble hovering it or even doing some loops and rolls. Still working on the inverted stuff-- getting used to control direction and all. Are you telling me the real thing flies even more stable? Man, I may get into heli's even sooner than I thought.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:01 PM
Ace in the hole
My Feedback: (2)

Well if I had something to wish for it might be 1 host site to download planes from. -- A collection of ALL available planes organized in an orderly fashion so you can easily find what you are looking for available in multiple languages so anyone can read it in the language that they want.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:34 PM
PCPhill

I've only had my AFPD for 48 hours now, but I can think of a couple of things....

1) The English/Metric toggle doesn't change the windspeed units. I can convert M/S to MPH but shouldn't have to.

2) It shouldn't be too hard to incorporate a database of real world motors/engines to the editing area so it would automatically adjust the HP, RPM, plane weight, etc to match the selected power system. It would make it much easier to experiment...
Old 01-08-2005, 08:31 AM
STLPilot

real world motors/engines to the editing area so it would automatically adjust the HP, RPM, plane weight, etc to match the selected power system. It would make it much easier to experiment...
There are copyright/trademark issues.

Do you notice that G2 only has OS Engines or other engines they own on their sim? Did you notice that XTR does not offer the ShockFlyer in their box? Do you notice that Ikarus does offer ShockFlyers in their box and no Great Planes aircraft?

Actually it's just as good to be able to fine adjust your motor then to just stick an OS 91 in it. You can make it much more user programable.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:52 AM
PCPhill

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

There are copyright/trademark issues.

Do you notice that G2 only has OS Engines or other engines they own on their sim? Did you notice that XTR does not offer the ShockFlyer in their box? Do you notice that Ikarus does offer ShockFlyers in their box and no Great Planes aircraft?

Actually it's just as good to be able to fine adjust your motor then to just stick an OS 91 in it. You can make it much more user programable.

I didn't realize just using the engine stats would violate copyright. I know programs like MotoCalc use several mfgs motors.

I wasn't thinking of either/or, I thought that could be in addition to the current system.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:20 PM
STLPilot

That's cool ... the more you use AFP the more you will like the ability to tweak the motors much better then just picking a motor and sticking it on.

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2005, 05:17 PM
440GTX

Here is another one

How about an AFP upgrade which you can download or buy a CD only.
No sending the origional disc in.

A Raptor 50 V2 ( You know I will not give up on this one )

Fred..
Old 01-08-2005, 08:07 PM
STLPilot

Aerobob, just contact IPACS and ask permission, that's all. It's not stupid, they work hudreds of hours on these planes.

They will only want you to post them on a website that can control the downloads and abide by the EULA.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:45 AM
Bob Pastorello

Thank you for the reminder.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:19 AM
bobl2
My Feedback: (14)

How about an exe type file for the downloads like Real Flight uses. Simple and instant instead of the hassle of making directories and moving files to download additional aircraft.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:24 AM
STLPilot

That can be easily done by the developers. Problem is that some peoples directory structure is different then others. Especially in the world computer market. Europe is differnt then USA is different then China and so forth.

After you install 1 or 2 of them you can get the hang of it pretty quick.

This is the exact same reason that 99% of the MS Flight Simulator files install the same way and there are 10's of thousands of those downloads out there.

The .EXE's are not universal agmonst computers worldwide.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:54 AM
bobl2

Well there is a whole lot of RF users out there and I've never seen a thing about anyone having a problem using exe files.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:19 AM
STLPilot

Which files have EXE's? All of them? The expansion packs?

How many free downloads are there for RealFlight?
Old 01-09-2005, 09:25 AM
bobl2

All the free aircraft, paint schemes, and flying sites on the RF download pages have the EXE files.
You can drop the hype for the free downloads, I already have AFPD.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:41 AM
STLPilot

Ah ... I see now.

Like I said, it's up to the induvidual developer to make the downloads run as an .exe, it has nothing to do with the program. In this case RealFlight has complete control of the free downloads.

The developers can use a utility that wraps the program and puts it into an EXE. However like I said these guys won't do this because of directory structure issues and the cost of the program to make the files into an executable. Plus the developers would have to create the EXE's in different languages for each directory structure which means they would be 5 downloads instead of one.

Also I was not hyping the free downloads, I was explaining why they do the same things for MS Flight Simulator, a program that has been out on the market for 22 years and you still have the do manual installs because of the exact same reasons as AFP.

For example if you download and update or patch or free download from Microsoft for their program it will ask you to select language. What they are really saying is "select file directory structure". Because that EXE has to be able to extract those files into the default directories.

Another example if you own G2 and you computer is on a German file directory structure and you try to install the G2 planes, it's not going to work. Your going to have to locate the directory manually. Unless G2 offers the download as german.exe.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:51 AM
bobl2

Thanks for the explanation. It makes sense now.