Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

AFPD and Calibrate with a Futaba 9C.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 05:18 AM
joffacn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFPD and Calibrate with a Futaba 9C.

Hi

I love AFPD or at least the limited amount of use I have had.

I have a Futaba 9C hooked up to the USB interface. I have found that I can calibrate and use AFPD IF I do NOT touch the metal part of the Tx.
If I touch the metal part the controls jump all over the place.

I believe I have the latest drivers and the updated cable. The cable has cable ties under the shrinkwrap and a plastic section at the pin end where the case screws on.

HELP. What do I do now? Is there a fix?

Jeff
Old 06-20-2005, 06:42 AM
vallyw

Default RE: AFPD and Calibrate with a Futaba 9C.

Make sure that the transmitter is in PPM. I found that it was doing the same with mine cos the transmitter was in PCM mode. I switched it to PPM, then switched OFF and switched ON the transmitter and eveything stopped jumping.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:58 AM
joffacn

Thanks

I did try your fix but still no good.

The only way I have found that works for me is to "ground" the Tx. I use a wire with alligator clips to attach to the Tx aerial at one end and the other end to a ground.

This did not happen with AFP (not deluxe) or with Reflex XTR.

I like AFPD though so I just use the wire and get on with flying with no more calibration problems.

Jeff
Old 06-28-2005, 08:04 PM
MikeEast
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I do the exact same thing. Works real well.

I think that perhaps it is because I am in an older house and I do not have grounded wall receptacles. There are 3 holes in the wall socket and my power strip has 3 plugs but there are actually only 2 wires going to the breaker box. Black Positive and White Negative There is no true ground wire that wires into the grounding post and physically goes into the ground at the breaker box. THis is the way they did it in older homes.

Not sure that is the problem but I suspect it is.. []