Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

AFPD won't detect the TX again!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 10:11 PM
AbuAnas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFPD won't detect the TX again!!!

Hi,

My AFPD was working just fine. When I re-installed the windows againe, and then the AFPD the software are not able to detect the transmitter.

When I plug it into the PC I hear the ding of the USB detection, but the small grean arrow icon won't appear on the system tray

The modulation is set to PPM.

Best wishes
Old 06-06-2005, 06:25 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: AFPD won't detect the TX again!!!

What version windows and system specs?
Old 06-06-2005, 11:44 AM
AbuAnas

Hi

Its WinXP Pro with SP 2

What other specs do you need to know?

Old 06-06-2005, 03:30 PM
STLPilot

Well if it worked right before you did a refomat then it's most likely a USB issue. Have you troubleshooted the USb?/
Old 06-08-2005, 05:14 AM
Dr. Robert

I have similar problems with Aerofly Deluxe sometimes not detecting my transmitter correctly. It seems to occur most frequently when the cord has been plugged into a USB port for a while. The program thinks I have a 4 channel transmitter instead of an 8 or more channel JR. If I hold onto the dongle tightly for a few minutes, this cools off the dongle and it performs as expected. It happens on both my desktop running an AMD64 bit CPU and Windows XP Pro and my Laptop running a 2 GHz Pentium and XP Home.

Contacting AEROFLY, they suggested returning the dongle for a different one. I wouild do this, but I have not heard that an improved dongle is available. The other thing I notice is that the controls sometimes twitch in the air. Reseating the 1/8" phone plug into the buddy box cures this unless the dongle is warm. The 1/8" plug should be a right angle plug to take off the sideways pressure on the buddy box jack.

So, in the meantime, I don't plug in the Dongle to the computer until ready to run AEROFLY, and then use an 1/8" extension cord (female to male) which gives a firm and steady control surfaces.javascript:void(opener.AddText('[sm\=RAINFRO.gif]'));self.focus();
javascript:void(opener.AddText('[sm\=RAINFRO.gif]'));self.focus();

Robert
Old 06-09-2005, 04:45 PM
AbuAnas

Hi

I use the troublshooting of Microsoft Windows but it doesn't seem to be the problem. I already have the USB flash and my PDA cradle working just fine with USB.

Best wishes

Old 06-10-2005, 02:48 PM
GBR2
My Feedback: (1)

When you are trying to run the program do you have your PDA plugged into the cradle. A friend of mine could not get several progams to work properly when they had in the past. Removed his PDA - programs worked - put the PDA back in - programs didn't work. USB can be finiky at times and I have no reason why. I know that sometimes I can plug a USB device into one port and it doesn't work, plug it into another port and it works. You wouldn't think this would happen but then Microsoft.........
Old 06-10-2005, 03:01 PM
AbuAnas

The cradle itself is totally unplugged.. and I tryed all the USB slots..

Old 06-28-2005, 04:05 PM
AbuAnas

Hi

The problem isn't solved, actually I havn't recieved a real solution here yet.. And it seems that more guys having there controller STOP working suddenlly!!

Best wishes
Old 06-28-2005, 04:15 PM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

We had lots of problems with the phone jack.
We cut off both ends and wired the cable direct.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:23 PM
AbuAnas

What phone jack????
Old 06-28-2005, 07:59 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you install the latest patch ? Also, try disabling Windows firewall
Old 07-02-2005, 03:29 PM
AbuAnas

Hi

Yes I have already installed the patch to 1.8.0.17 but I can't see what is the point of disabling the windows firewall?

AbuAnas
Old 07-11-2005, 12:08 PM
AbuAnas

I hoped I'll hear at least a solution from AFPD support team even if it didn't actually worked out!

here it is:

- USB is working just fine with all other devices (all ports tested)
- Connecting the cable luanch the USB connection alert sounds but no action is displayed on the system tray
- AFPD is patched with the latest patch availlable on the sim site
- The TX is set to PPM mode
- I tried uninsatlling and reinstalling AFPD countless times

Did I miss somthing here?

AbuAnas
Old 07-18-2005, 02:28 PM
sillyness
My Feedback: (25)

Mine did he same thing. I deleted the Transmiter I had setup in the program and started over with a new one... same physical transmitter, just diffrent one set up in the program. I re-did the calibration under the new file and renamed it 8103 and it works like a champ now. Give it a go.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:03 AM
rayboo

If afpd ran fine on your computer and then stopped running , try restoring system to date it used to run on I do this all the time,and have no idea how or why it works. I have had my sim stop running in midflight and give me the main executable message when I attempted a restart.I did a restore system and its back up again. There is something wrong here with either windows xp or afpd I have been struggling with this for months now, runs beautiful when it runs but......
Old 07-31-2005, 03:37 PM
The Shadow

I am running WinXp and AMD 64 and had the same problem with not recognizing my GameCommander. I had to uninstall Service pack 2 and reinstall SP1, then everything worked fine. I have another computer that I also had to uninstall SP2 on. I bought a SIMCOM for use with my JR XP6102 Transmitter which doesn't work with it, but works fine with my JR XP642. I guess my radio is newer than the SIMCOM. Check your options settings and make sure the Transmitter reliability setting it at 100 percent, or you will get glitches. A firewall can also cause problems. I hope this helped.

Bill
Old 08-02-2005, 02:10 PM
Thunderhead

ORIGINAL: AbuAnas

Hi

Yes I have already installed the patch to 1.8.0.17 but I can't see what is the point of disabling the windows firewall?

AbuAnas
I realize this post was a month ago but the latest patch is 1.8.0.21 You might try it if you havent already.

ORIGINAL: The Shadow

I bought a SIMCOM for use with my JR XP6102 Transmitter which doesn't work with it, but works fine with my JR XP642. I guess my radio is newer than the SIMCOM.
I've got the Game Commander version and recently bought the SimCom cord to use with my TX. I can run a JR 8103 AND the new 9303. Both work flawlessly. I dont think the 6102 being "newer" is what the problem is. I would assume you've downloaded the latest patch? I know everyone keeps saying "dl the latest patch" like its some miracle fix, when the majority of the time its not. Another thing is on the 8103 and the 9303 the TX HAS TO BE OFF for the blue led to blink rapidly, which means its working. Tried that?
Most of the time its an ovesite on which controller you're calibrating and what plane your controller is flying (i.e. plane 1 or plane 2 in multi play)
Hope this helps

Old 09-04-2005, 01:10 AM
AbuAnas

I did intsall the most recent patch..

But still I have the problem!
Old 09-25-2005, 07:07 AM
LordSirOb

I too would like to know what to do when, after months of working flawlessly, the transmitter is not recognized once it is plugged into the USB interface cable.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:40 AM
STLPilot

Lord is it the USB or the radio that's not recognized?
Old 09-26-2005, 09:24 AM
LordSirOb

Dion,

The computer recognizes the USB interface cable - however, AFPD cannot find the transmitter once it is plugged into the interface. I have replicated the "failure" with two separate radios, both radios were set to PPM mode. No new software or hardware was installed on my computer since the last successful run of AFPD. Reinstalling AFPD did not solve the problem. I killed my USB devices in windows device manager and let XP Pro re-detect and reinstall the USB devices. I even went so far to inspect the solder joints on the plug on the transmitter end of the cable, and the solder joints look to be in good shape, nice and shiny. Nothing works.

I am really in need of help, it has been TWO WHOLE DAYS WITHOUT MY FIX!!!!!

Anyway, I appreciate the help.

LSO
Old 09-26-2005, 11:50 AM
STLPilot

well usually if the cable goes bad it's a couple channels at a time, usually never the whole cable stops working, but im not ruling it out of course.

is this a JR radio? also do you have another computer to try the cable on?
Old 09-26-2005, 04:54 PM
LordSirOb

Dion,

All of the radios I've used are JRs. A 662 and a 9303 (I have the required adapter for the 9303). Yes, they have both worked in the past. Today, I even tried a JR quattro 4 channel radio. Nothing.

I installed AFPD on another computer. The computer (and AFPD) recognizes the USB interface cable. When I plugged in the radios, they were not recognized by AFPD. In other words, changing computers did nothing to improve the situation.

In summary, two different computers, three different radios, and the transmitters are not detected on the USB interface cable, the only common element throughout troubleshooting efforts (except for Windblows, of course ).

Where do we go from here?

Edited for a 'bump'
Old 09-28-2005, 06:06 AM
LordSirOb

Dion,

All of the radios I've used are JRs. A 662 and a 9303 (I have the required adapter for the 9303). Yes, they have both worked in the past. Today, I even tried a JR quattro 4 channel radio. Nothing.

I installed AFPD on another computer. The computer (and AFPD) recognizes the USB interface cable. When I plugged in the radios, they were not recognized by AFPD. In other words, changing computers did nothing to improve the situation.

In summary, two different computers, three different radios, and the transmitters are not detected by AFPD when plugged into the USB interface cable. The only common element throughout my troubleshooting efforts has been the interface cable.

Now what?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.