Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

slow fps - need help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 09:06 AM
spitgy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slow fps - need help please

Hi all
Hoping someone can give me some links to solve my driver problem. I just installed AFPD, went to the 4 sites mentioned in the book that came with the sim and all say the same thing - page not available or something like that.
The patch link on the afp website doesnot direct you to a link - it says page not found.
So, I'd like a link to a site or two where I could download a driver or a patch to get the fps rate increased. Also only channels 1-4 seem to work. On the calibrate screen, the bars just dance around when I try to calibrate CH 5, 6, 7, 8.
Any and all help much appreciated.
Thanks
Old 04-30-2006, 01:41 PM
ALMA

Default RE: slow fps - need help please

slow fps is mostly a louzy grafic card , what a type have you?
Old 05-03-2006, 10:22 AM
spitgy

None of the drivers suggested in the manual worked so I don't know if its grafics card or need other drivers..........grafic card? No idea would still like to know where I can download drivers?????
Old 05-13-2006, 07:10 PM
dutchalltheway

Spitgy,

What brand of video card do you have??
Did you get the latest driver of your video card??
What is the RAM on your card??

I purchased a 256 MB PCI-express card for $139.....I have close to a 200 fps, with a GB of memory.

In my other computer I have a 256 MB AGP card with 512 MB memory, and flying just fine as well.

Give us some more info on your configuration, see what we can do for ya
Old 05-13-2006, 09:48 PM
Safebet
My Feedback: (12)

Dutch: I need to upgrade my graphics card. I can use PCI - Express. Would you share with me the make and model of you card and where you got it?

I am currently running the onboard graphics card on my computer. It does ok, 55 - 60 FPS, but I would like to upgrade.

Jim
AMA 821369
Old 05-13-2006, 10:31 PM
dutchalltheway

Safebet, it will be my pleasure to give you the info of my card.

The brand is PNY, with 256 MB memory on board. When I get home, I will get the specs for you.
I purchased mine at FRYS in Sacramento, they have a website though, think it is called outpost.com.

FYI.....you will not believe the difference you will experience between such PCI-express card and your on-board card. It is so much more fun to fly on the computer. Also, try to close as much programs down when you run AFPD...too many programs running in the background will slow the performance of your computer down as well.
I have the PNY card in my computer for about 3 weeks and am very happy with the performance..about 180-200 frames per second...the planes are "flying" over the screen

I'll update you tomorrow.

Safebet...just got home. It is the PNY GeFORCE 6600 256 MB DDR with NVIDIA chipset.
Hope this helps.....good luck.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:10 AM
Safebet
My Feedback: (12)

Thanks Dutch. I appreciate it very much. I will be checking out their Website.

I love AFPD. I just haven't been able to spend a lot of time on it, but I know that it is helping me learn
stick coordination. I am beginning to use rudder in the turns. Turns are much smoother with rudder.

I want to learn to fly the pattern sequences, but first I must learn how to land more than once without crashing, lol.
I am using a JR Quattro for my box. I have a JR 8103. I bought the Quattro so I would have my own
buddy box system when I went to the field which is 26 miles away. I work 2 jobs so I don't get to go to
the field very often. Hoping AFPD will keep me in tune after I solo due to lack of actual flying time.

I am currently building a "Contender" and I have a AT 6 under construction and a Super Decathalon waiting to build.

I love to build.

Thanks again, for the info.

Jim AMA 821369