Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software > Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators
Reload this Page >

Please Help--Downloading New Planes in AFPD

Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Please Help--Downloading New Planes in AFPD

Old 06-05-2006, 01:05 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Please Help--Downloading New Planes in AFPD

I've downloaded a few new planes for AFPD. I extracted all the files to the right directory under aircraft. But the planes don't show up when I open AFP and try to fly. It's like the planes don't exist--like I never downloaded them and installed them.

I read the READ ME file. I did create a directory:
D:\Program Files\IPACS\AeroFly Professional Deluxe\aircraft\OMPEdgeHybrid

I extracted all the files to this directory. It's in my harddrive under d--program files--AFPD--aircraft--and Edge--but I don't see it when I open the simulator and try to fly. It's not listed in the aircraft directory.

Thanks for any help.

Edit:
Just so that you more experienced guys don't get upset because this question has been asked 8 hundred times--YEEEEESSSS, I did read the sticky at the top of this forum about how to install the downloaded planes. Unfortunately, the flash video link is not working for me, so I can't watch the flash video tutorial.

I also did a search, and didn't have much luck.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:44 PM
matt3D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Please Help--Downloading New Planes in AFPD

Do you have the newest version of afpd? If not downloaded and install it. http://www.ipacs.de/download/afpd18025.exe Now, open up the tmd file with the word pad and make sure the version is 1.8, if not change it to 1.8. Unless if you have the add on it is 1.9. To do this right click on the tmd file and click properties, then where it says "opens with" click change and then click on Wordpad MFC Application.
Regards,
Matt
Old 06-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

While I appreciate the help--your suggestion doesn't tell me how to get the new downloaded planes installed.

Whats a TMD file?

I opened a TM file and I got this:

tm: Library Version 4.1, Copyright (C) 1999-2004, IPACS
tm: http://www.ipacs.de
tmsystem: init random with 308903672
tmsystem: cpu type=(nlogical=2) (nphysical=1) (hyper-threading enabled)
tmsystem: cpu=3006 Mhz
tmsystem: memory=(physical=2047MB, avail=1674MB) (virtual=2047MB, avail=1886MB)
tmsystem: operating system=Microsoft Windows XP Version 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600) Service Pack: Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
tmgl: loading font v2 texture/arial10.tmf=(256x256) (32x255) ok
tmgl: loading mouse texture/mouse.tmt=ok
tmprogram: AeroFly Professional Deluxe Version 1.8.0.21, Copyright © 1998-2005 IPACS

There's more to it, but I think this is all the important stuff to tell you if I'm updated.

So, I think I'm updated. Look at the bold in the last line--1.8.0.21

I've never tried to do this before. This is the first time I've ever downloaded any add-on airplanes and tried to install them. If someone could help me out with this, I'd really appreciate it.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:18 PM
Greg.B

Hi,

You do not have the latest version of AFPD so you need to download patch 1.8.0.25 (or 1.9.1.9 if you have the AFPD Add-on installed) from [link=http://www.aerofly.com/www/downloads.html#afpdpatchen]HERE[/link].

If you have not got the add-on disc on some aircraft you will need to change the version number in the aircrafts "TMD" file, here is how:

Go to C:\Program Files\IPACS\AeroFly Professional Deluxe\aircraft now find the folder of the aircraft you are trying to install and click on it, next find the "TMD" file that is within that folder and double click on it, a window will pop up saying "Windows cannot open this file................What do you what to do?" you need to select "Select the program from a list" then click "ok", next scoll down the list and select "WordPad" then click "ok",

Now you need to alter this line in the TMD file:

// aerofly professional --------------------------------------------------------
//
// file: xxxxxxx.tmd
// version: 1.9.0 <<<<<<<<ALTER THIS LINE TO: // version 1.8.0
//
// type: 20
// lock: 0
//
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Save the changes to the TMD file and load AFPD and it should be there!

Hope this works for you,

Greg.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:17 PM
matt3D

Thanks Greg, I decided to make it easier for him and everyone else, so I uploaded some pics telling everyone how to do it. It's a simple tutorial, I tried to make it as easy as possible.

Matt
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25038.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	473318   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ws56492.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	473319   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wc77398.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	473320   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hb81762.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	473321   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ep84882.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	473322  
Old 09-19-2006, 09:52 PM
Phantom 1

Hi,

Thanks for the help, however I tried changing the 6 and 9 to 8, (I am running 1.80.25) saved the file and still the plane in question mostly (the F4 Phantom) and others still do not show up.

The folders for each plane has been copied and pasted after unzipping and placed in the Aircraft folder in IPACS aerofly delux folder.

Please help. I'm an old Phantom Guy and even though I found at least 3 F4s and even a night flying skin to download , none of them show up.

Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

Old 09-20-2006, 12:21 AM
Safebet
My Feedback: (12)

I have purchased and installed v. 1.8.0.21 of AeroFly Professional Deluxe. Sometime ago, I downloaded AFPD Patch Version 1.9.1.9 (f to
my desktop, but have not actually installed it. Will is cause problems if I install it. I have also downloaded and installed AFPD Import Wizard, but I have never used it.

Should I go ahead and install the Patch, 1.9.1.9 (f?

I am not a computer nerd and my AeroFly works really great without it. What's the advantage. Is it just an upgrade?
Old 12-07-2007, 04:18 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

YA....what patch do you need for AFPD. Capt,n
Old 12-09-2007, 01:38 PM
JKovats
My Feedback: (2)

I just went thru all this myself. Bottom line is, some load, some don't. Enjoy the ones that do. I got 4 flying lawnmowers I didn't want,(2 red 2 green) and no way to delete them. I talked to aerofly in Florida, they don't support the free downloads and "heard some don't load". Have fun with the ones that did load.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:58 PM
AS1947

Can you give an example for a plane that works and for another that does not work?

Regards

Arthur
Old 12-09-2007, 10:32 PM
Phantom 1

In my case, the F4e does not work either, but the Coca Cola Blimp does. None of the cars or the submarine works either.

Also, on their IPACS website, right at the top, is this link. (Free Stuff) and from their statement, it does seem that they must support them enough to put the link on.

[link=http://www.aerofly.com/www/free_stuff.html]www.aerofly.com/www/free_stuff[/link]
Old 12-09-2007, 10:59 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Phantom, many of the sites are third party sites. Anyway let me see if I can help you. Can you tell me where you downloaded the F4e from? If you can give me the link, it will be helpful. I will test it out myself.

Please also refer to this thread http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5241496/tm.htm where I have prepared a 5-step download and installation procedure for these third party sites.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:37 AM
Phantom 1

Hi Rajul,
I tried your method of downloading, and since I use Mozilla Firefox, my downloads are set go into my downloads file folder instead of the desktop. I have all my shortcuts in my taskbar and all shut off on the desktop so I have a nice airplane picture to look at.

Anyway, when I download a plane, it opens the download box and says open, so I open it and it automatically unzips it and says it is installing into my Ipacs folder in airplanes...

And it does. I have downloaded bunches of planes, but only a few work. The folders, however ARE in my Ipacs folder, for example the F4e. I am not sure where I downloaded it from, but it was somewhere in the Ipacs-sim.com site, I think.

Here is what is inside the f4e folder:
f4e.cfg
f4e.dns
f4e.obj
f4e.tms
f4e (music note icon)
f4e_preview.tmt
f4e_readme
f4e-Dekor
f4e-info
pod
tm-dunkelgrau_neu
tm-hellgrau-neu

I'm going to try to do another one now (without unzipping it) and see if it works your way with the drag and drop. Some planes are .exes too. Not all are Zipped.
When I open them, they say they are installing too, but never do.
Thanks for your help.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:46 AM
AS1947

Hi,

that's an easyfly model!

See [link=http://ipacs-sim.com/user-sites/faq_3.htm]here[/link] how to install and use it.

Regards
Arthur
Old 12-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Phantom 1

Hi Rajul,
This is only related, because I am talking simulators here

I made a post a while back when I first installed VISTA in my computer.
It was called (If you have Vista, check this out!)

In my post, I put a link to the video I produced for Youtube on the E-sky FMS simulator.

Since I write product reviews and get lots of questions about them, I figured I better try it.

I don’t guess my opinions, I actually test them out first, and my subscribers like my honesty.

Anyway, I had a problem with FMS and Vista. (I was not alone)

Soon after publishing it, one of my subscribers sent me a solution. So not wanting to give up VISTA,
I tried the solution and it worked.

SO I deleted my original video and made a new one explaining how to fix it.

However, there was no way to remove the video link from my original post,
and it is still there. (If you click on it, it says the video was removed by the owner)

That is right. There is a new video up, and has a new link. However I am being
refused to be able to post it.

How does a person become a moderator? Do you all know each other?

I guess the moderator decided he didn’t want to read about other people bashing Vista.

I was just pointing out a few facts about FMS, not Vista.

So now the moderator (Da Rock) has made a comment (last night) that
I am refusing to let people know my (FMS fix) and has shut off all comments, private messaging
and editing to that video.

So now that he made his wrongful statement (with his last word), He shut it off and doesn't want anybody else to comment.

So, I cannot respond.

SHAME ON HIM!

I have never bashed Vista, and don't have any intention of it. I want it to work. It is working well for me.

You all know we have to make it work sooner or later!

Here is the correct link that I want put in back that original post, but can’t.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xNt1J3J270

I am not holding anything back, as Da Rock says.

I have over 120 "how to" RC videos on youtube, so I can HELP young people learn to fly helicopters, etc.
Why would I hold anything back?

If you saw any of my videos, you know my intentions are good.

Anybody know how I can I remove the Post all together?

Also, I just finished my latest video on the Aerofly Pro Deluxe, my favorite.

Here is the link, if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO9j2bmGhNY

I only posted the vid on the FMS, because my subscribers are very young, and most
cannot afford the more expensive sims.

I am trying to help them learn to fly, no matter what.

Thanks and
Semper Fi,
Msgt Dave Herbert
USMC Avionics,
UAV systems engineer
Old 12-11-2007, 11:28 PM
rajul

Hi Phantom, your efforts in helping out new flyers through your training videos is most welcomed. On the F4e, let me check out if it is available from rcsim.de and I'll get back to you later.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:02 AM
Phantom 1

Thank you sir.

I have a new aerofly video on the editor right now, as it was requested by several readers, after publishing my latest one.

I am loving AFPD, even if I can't get the phantom to work, so relax. I cant get the submarine to work either.

Maybe there is a screen door on it.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Phantom 1

Ha ha ha.

Do I love Aerofly Pro Deluxe? How is this, Rajul?

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noAwWgtrQ2M#GU5U2spHI_4]A pair of RC Lawnmowers in action.[/link]
Old 12-13-2007, 01:55 AM
rajul

Hi Phantom, your lawnmower video was hilarious! BTW, I did a search in rcsim.de for the F4e (in both AFPD and AFP library) and could only come up with the F14. One thing to note is that if a model was designed for AFP, it might not work in AFPD.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:57 PM
Phantom 1

Hi Rajul.

Glad you liked my RC Lawnmower video. IT was fun to make.

By Using AS1947's instructions, I was able to get it to load and fly.

Here is the link to the F4 Phantom download.
[link=http://www.rodeo.rc-sim.de/Default.htm]F4 Phantom [/link]

Click on Easy fly to locate (on the left side of this page), you will be able to find the Phantom almost at the bottom.

I was an RF4-B Phantom (Photo Reconnaissance) Avionics man in the USMC till they were mothballed (hence my name) and wish I could find a Phantom for AFPD.

Great fun... Now I can fly Phantoms again, except I have to "hand launch", it as the LG is up all the time? I havent figured out that part yet.

Old 12-13-2007, 01:18 PM
Phantom 1

Hi Arthur.

You quoted that this Phantom was an easyfly model and included your link to the instructions. Thanks

I have made the new folder called easy fly in AFPD, and made and aircraft and sound folder, moved the unzipped files into each, but at first did not see them in there. I shut down aerofly again, and restarted, and viola!...
Thank you so very kindly.

I have to hand launch it immediately with the keyboard, as the LG is up all the time. Any Ideas?

This is where I got the Phantom.
[link=http://www.rodeo.rc-sim.de/Default.htm]Easy fly F4 Phantom download[/link]

Just click on Easyfly at the left to find it.

Thanks again,
Dave
Old 12-14-2007, 03:09 PM
AS1947

Hi Dave,

this model was created a long time before easyfly models could be used with AFPD and it has no landing gear!
Have a look at the file F4E_readme, where you will find the email-adress of the guy who has built this model (Dieter Fingerle). Don't hesitate to contact him and ask him, whether he can make the model 'ready for AFPD'. I think he will help you.

Regards
Arthur
Old 12-14-2007, 03:14 PM
Phantom 1

Thank you, I will.