Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Prodigy Charger

Old 08-11-2003, 06:50 PM
Zdzislaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prodigy Charger

Hi folks,
My very understanding wife bought me the perfect birthday present - a Ripmax Prodigy charger - how did she Know?.
Its been fabulous to use - very user-friendly with intuitive operation - unlike the Super Nova that no-one knows how to use!
Unfortunately, it has started to fail to perform a full charge. Presumably the delta-peak detection has failed. Its cost me a Kyosho CAP 232 and a S/T GS45. I'll pay much more attention in future.
Anyone else had a similar problem?
Do I get it fixed, or do I need something different.
I've spoken to Ripmax, who are being very helpful.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:32 PM
StarskiPZ

Default RE: Prodigy Charger

Hi, just read your thread, sorry about the bad news...

From what I know, the Prodigy does not trickle charge, and just 'fast' charges until delta peak & then cuts off - completely.

If you were to put a trickle charger onto your pack thereafter.. you would have max charge.

You probably know this... but depending on where the prodigy cuts off, it can leave you 'short' ?

Im amazed there is no trickle !!
Old 03-23-2004, 02:27 PM
Luke 3D returns

Default RE: Prodigy Charger

You can fully set the current very easily- either for a fast charge or a trickle or anything in between- thats the good thing about this charger- its simple to use, but does not limit your control over what goes on.
Your comments regarding it not trickle charging may be mistaken with the "auto" feature, which automatically charges the pack at a steady rate, not fast or slow.

How is it not performing a full charge?
you may have had a battery pack on its last legs
how old was it? did you check the voltage in the pack before the flight?
If you had the wrong battery mode selected and then tried to charge the battery this may also have caused the problem.

starskipt,
your comments regarding trickle after delta peak acheiving max charge may be a little wayard- i thought the whole point of the delta peak is to charge to the battery's maximum optimum voltage.