IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

IMAC Maneuver Placement

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 10:57 AM
LShaver1
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IMAC Maneuver Placement

This session it seems we have alot of club members interested in IMAC....I have some past experience with AMA pattern but have neaver competed in IMAC.
I would like to help them as much as I can but after looking at all the IMAC rules,etc. I can find nothing on the placment of the maneuvers in relationship to where the pilot is standing and this is second to learning to fly a striaght line.

This link is to a AMA pattern site that shows "everything" (box/placment,etc) if someone has a link to a IMAC site that explains the placment of the maneuvers this well please post it.....We need Help

http://www.nsrca.us/documents/judgin...20-%202011.pdf

Thanks Larry
Old 05-21-2012, 03:43 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts
Default RE: IMAC Maneuver Placement

Larry, if you take a look at the Aresti it will illistrate what manuevers are center and what manuevers atr turn around or end of the box. There really is no defined box in IMAC. With that said, there is an airspace utilization score. Lots of room for interpretaion on this one. What I look for when I sit in the judge cair is that the pilot center the manuevers reasonably well. We can't be too strict here the way the pattern guys are because the rulebook is fairly soft about it. Remember that IMAC is adapted from the IAC in judging criteria so as a full scale pilot, it would be almost impossible to center your airplane in front of judges at such a great distance. As far as end manuevers are concerned they should be placed at equal distances from center but not so far out as to be difficult to judge well. Just keep in mind that you are putting on a show and you want to make it as pleasant to watch as possible.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Steve Graham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: IMAC Maneuver Placement

From the AMA's Competiton regulations for scale aerobatics:

"The following standard will be used for accessing the pilot‘s performance in maintaining control and awareness of the aerobatic airspace and placing figures in the airspace in a manner that allow the figures to be optimally judges.

The highest standard for Airspace Control will be the pilot that exhibits a significant ability to control the location of the aircraft inside the airspace, relative to the judges, which results in a tight footprint and has the aircraft such that it can be optimally judged at all times. The pilot that exhibits excellent airspace control should receive a ten (10).

The lowest standard for Airspace Control will be the pilot that exhibits a poor ability to control the location of the aircraft inside the airspace, relative to the judges, which results in an excessively large footprint and has the aircraft consistently so far away as to be difficult to properly judge. The pilot that exhibits very poor airspace control should receive a zero (0). Pilots exhibiting airspace control within the range of these two standards will be graded with a range of possible scores from ten (10) to zero (0) in whole point increments."

This rule must be interpreted by the individual judge and applied in the best way you see fit. It has been controversial but seems to be working ok, IMO.