Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

IAMC in Houston, TX???

Old 03-09-2004, 02:05 PM
Ryans Rebel
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IAMC in Houston, TX???

Why don't I see any IMAC contest listed on the IMAC website that take place in or near Houston, TX? Seems like a large modeling community. Please advise if there are any in that area as the nearest contests I've found are around Dallas. That is too far to drive when you live in South LA!

Ryan
Old 03-09-2004, 07:19 PM
Blow n Go

Default RE: IAMC in Houston, TX???

D/FW was pretty slim for contests just a couple years ago, but enough flyers and clubs became interested to add a couple more contests.

All it takes is a club willing to host a contest and IMAC will be happy to add another south central event. Otherwise, Vicksburg will probably be your closest this season.

CJ
Old 03-10-2004, 04:45 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

The dallas area seems to be a hot spot for the SC area.
I think more flyers need to hold local contests.
THe are fun and not expensive at all.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:26 PM
Buzykid
My Feedback: (2)

What about Austin it is right in the middle of the state, and a ton of people who want to fly IMAC.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:30 PM
E*nealio
My Feedback: (10)

The only thing we have here in Austin at the Hill Country Aeromodelers Feild(which is paved, covered areas, solar hookups{pretty sure}, the deal.....) is Big Bird and thats in the fall, im really interested in the IMAC in texas since im right in the "middle" of the state... Keep me updated if anything arrises!!
Old 03-11-2004, 10:44 PM
Buzykid

I just joined Hill Country fliers. I would lvoe to get some IMAC stuff going.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:32 AM
flynbrian
My Feedback: (1)

I fly IMAC in austin, well Round Rock/Georgetown. It would be awesome to start a contest here in austin. I flew alot of IMAC last year, and went to contests in college station, san antonio, and even west texas. but san antonio and college station are pretty close to austin. There are a few contests in the dallas area.

I dont know anyone who fly's IMAC in austin. I fly in Georgetown (GAMA).

Brian Dierks
Old 03-12-2004, 10:02 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

If I am not mistaken, it takes 5 members to develop an IMAC chapter.
Why not for local chapters and put on at least one contest a year.
Even if that is the only contest that you put on, you will give Scale Aerobatics a lot of exposure.
Old 03-12-2004, 01:59 PM
Ryans Rebel
My Feedback: (12)

You guys are going the wrong way! Go east!
Old 03-13-2004, 11:40 AM
Desertrat

Hmm... just looking at the IMAC website, and I have some real concerns about this years contest schedule.....

No College Station
No San Antonio
Only One Midland contest. (I cant make it in April due to work)

Sure hope they have just not sent the info up to the website yet because the SC has a really weak schedule this year compared to last.....
Dang it. Broke my airplane early in the season last year, and missed all the contests I had planned on making. This year, I am ready with a back up, and the contests are going to be too far away to do and still get to work on Monday. There are a ton of folks in my club that would love to play in an IMAC, but wont travel to do it. Unfortunately our field will not support an IMAC meet (physically impossible). I'll quit whining now. Hey if anyone wants some help with a contest in the SA area, I'd be happy to work/fly it, and could probably bring a couple more guys to help too.

Roger
Old 03-18-2004, 02:59 PM
Myron

Hey Buzykid and E#nealio,

I was a member of Hill country last year but I havn't decided if I am going to Re-up... One of the officers of the club got rude with me about having my son in the pits with me... I live in Kyle and I fly a Katana and also some small stuff in the schoolyards and un-developed subdivisions.... There was some talk a while back in one of the meetings about sponsoring an IMAC or TOC type event... There is ALOT of work that is involved in doing so.. You should get on their website and see if you can hook up with Jerry, I think he is going to be your best source of info requarding such an event......

Myron
Old 03-23-2004, 12:29 AM
TXDA2000

Guys,

I took over as Regional Director a couple of months back and inherited it all, good and bad.

I have always maintained that there needs to be a contest in the Austin area.

You need to get all of the IMAC interested parties together and make it happen!!

We, the region, will do everything we can to support you and your contest, but we need you guys to get the ball rolling.

There will be a contest in Waco in August. It should show up on the schedule in the next day or two.

If you guys need any questions answered, email me at [email protected] and give me your phone number.

It's not too late to get a contest down there this year, and we have an available date in May.

Rebel, I feel for you. But there is interest brewing in Louisiana. Get the guys over there in gear too.

Let me know!

And by the way, all of us that travel out here in West Texas have to get back to work on Monday as well. If the contest is 5 hours away, you will be home by 7pm! We live in the boonies, so that excuse won't cut it!! {bg} : -)

Daniel Rathbun
SC Regional Director
Old 03-23-2004, 07:26 AM
Desertrat

Hi Dan, thanks for the note!
I appreciate the extra effort you have to put in as RD, thats a big commitment, you are to be commended. I promise (with the exception of the Midland - sorry I am working that weekend) if its only 5 hours from Boerne, I'll be there. Cant wait to meet y'all.

Roger
Old 03-23-2004, 06:45 PM
Buzykid

To austin Flyers. I am too new in the area to get a group together. May sounds great I would be there, and I will help anyway possible, can some of you other guys in the area spread the word and try to get it going.

-Ryan
Old 03-24-2004, 09:49 AM
Bill_Higgins

Roger,

There's a pretty large group of us here in the San Antonio Area, if you ever want to come down and practice. We fly almost every flyable weekend. Just drop me an email.

Dan - Looks like I'll be able to make Midland (Odessa) this year, but havent had much time to prctice since the JR Challenge, so you guy's go easy on me ok !! :-)
Old 03-25-2004, 01:39 AM
Buzykid

Once I get my wildhare set up I would love to drive down one weekend and fly with you, lets stay in touch. I could always use a trained eye to help out as well as a driving and calling buddy, as you will pass through austin to get almost anywhere that the events are.

Plane should be here in a few weeks and will only take me a week or so to set up.

-Ryan
Old 03-25-2004, 02:05 AM
TXDA2000

Bill,

I'm sure you'll do better than me. After all, I've only flown your plane once!

Jr. is coming up early to fly, either full scale or rc, whichever my schedule dictates.

Daniel
Old 03-25-2004, 07:22 AM
Desertrat

Bill: I remember flying with you out at Covell with Jason. You gave me a few very good pointers. Unfortunately, my Staudacher died a few weeks later - my own stupid fault for not adequately measuring the battery load before flight - lesson learned the hard way. I'll drop you a mail!

Ryan - I'm gonna take you up on your offer. You planning on Abilene in June?

Who all besides me and Jason are planning to make the drive out to Tucson in October?

Roger
Old 03-25-2004, 11:35 AM
Bill_Higgins

ORIGINAL: da20driver

Bill,

I'm sure you'll do better than me. After all, I've only flown your plane once!

Jr. is coming up early to fly, either full scale or rc, whichever my schedule dictates.

Daniel

Ha...very Funny !! I've never been to that field so get me a map, and let me know what the best near-by hotels are.
Old 03-25-2004, 02:47 PM
Buzykid

How far is Abeline from Austin.

My plane will be here in mid april so I will plan on coming down to see you at the beg. of May and we can plan out a IMAC tour.

-Ryan
Old 03-25-2004, 04:32 PM
Bill_Higgins

ORIGINAL: Desertrat

Who all besides me and Jason are planning to make the drive out to Tucson in October?

Roger

Roger,

I'll be there. I think we have the Regional Champoinships the weened before, so I'll probably drive straight from
Ft. Worth out to Tucson that Sunday night. Im staying with Brian Hueffmeier in Tucson so I can get 3 or 4 days of practice before it starts.