Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

1-1/4 spin?

Old 06-19-2004, 11:41 AM
Scoubidou
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1-1/4 spin?

Hello, I am practicing the sporstman sequence and would need help on the right way to do a spin.

1)After the stall and as soon as the nose begin to fall, i use a bit of rudder to enter in the spin.
2) May i use ailerons to do the 1-1/4 spin or i must use only the rudder? Should i use rudder+ailerons??

Daniel
Old 06-19-2004, 12:37 PM
Blow n Go

Default RE: 1-1/4 spin?

The definition of a spin is a stall with yaw.....yaw is the rudder's job.

Use full rudder as the primary spin control. Aileron is optional for most planes, but most people use full aileron too. Some use only aileron and no rudder........This is incorrect, although you can fool most judges.

Here is a technique to try:

-Slow and hold level flight by easing back on the elevator.
-When the plane "breaks" into the stall, add full rudder and aileron into the direction the plane broke.(lead with a little rudder in the direction you want it to break, if you have to go a particular direction)
-About 1/2 to 1/4 turn before you need to exit, release the rudder input, but hold the aileron and elevator.
-Finally, exit by using the aileron to make a clean exit and pushing full down elevator to get the nose to a perfectly vertical down line.

Releasing the rudder early eliminates the "tail waggle" and gets the nose straight for the exit.

Good luck, CJ
Old 06-20-2004, 12:54 AM
acropilot_ty

On the 1-1/4 turn spin you will also need to hold some rudder on the downline to keep it from dragging a wing, if you spin right you will recover and then put some right rudder back in to get the wings parallel to the horizon.

Ty
Old 06-20-2004, 06:38 AM
Scoubidou
My Feedback: (17)

I''ll try it soon.

Thanks guys!