Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > IMAC
Reload this Page >

Are u judged on flying and appearance, plane....

Community
Search
Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Are u judged on flying and appearance, plane....

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 12:03 PM
3dandpatternflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are u judged on flying and appearance, plane....

hello,

i was talking to this guy at our field and hes been doing competitions for years. He said in every competition they not only judge u by your flying, but also if u have trailer, how long it takes to start your engine, how big the plane is and how your appearance is??

Is all of this true?

I said i wanted to compete in Basic sequence with just my 40 size plane and he said that i would never win. he said it has to be a scale plane because the judges won't like that.

He said racing is the only true event where u win by skills.

He said that whenever he won a competition and came back next year he was guarnteed a another winning. He also said that he knew that the other guy flew much better, but because they were judging him on his appearance etc etc he didn't win.

so again is this true? or was it only back then?? he around 62 or 63 and doesn't compete anymore..

TTYL,
Andrew T.
Old 07-17-2004, 02:33 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Are u judged on flying and appearance, plane....

Andrew, none of that is true. You can compete with any AMA-legal plane in Basic, though you will need a scale plane in the other classes. From what I have heard, start order in pylon racing is determined by the best looking planes, but there is no appearance judging in IMAC.
Old 07-17-2004, 05:56 PM
hovermaster
My Feedback: (2)

im with flyfalcons....

all of that is not true, i have been competeing for 4 years, and have won, and i didnt have the nicest plane there.... it dont matter what you or your plane look like, its how you fly..... there is a presentaion score... but that is for how you position your menuvers.. so your fine.
Old 07-17-2004, 06:00 PM
N45328

ORIGINAL: 3dandpatternflyer

i was talking to this guy at our field and hes been doing competitions for years. He said in every competition they not only judge u by your flying, but also if u have trailer, how long it takes to start your engine, how big the plane is and how your appearance is??

None of that is true at all for Imac. For Imac the only thing that the judges judge you on is your flying. They dont care what you fly, how it looks, how you haul your planes or anything like that. Just on how good you do the sequence.

I said i wanted to compete in Basic sequence with just my 40 size plane and he said that i would never win. he said it has to be a scale plane because the judges won't like that.

In basic you can fly any plane you want, ive seen people fly trainers. Like i said before, judges wont change the way they judge you for based on what you fly.

He said racing is the only true event where u win by skills.

Again no true.

He said that whenever he won a competition and came back next year he was guarnteed a another winning. He also said that he knew that the other guy flew much better, but because they were judging him on his appearance etc etc he didn't win.

Not true, you have as fair of a chance as winning as anyone else, the judges judge everyone the same.

That is for IMAC, i think pattern might be a little different, but i really dont know. Go to a local imac event, everyone will be more than willing to help you out, and you will learn alot. It is alot of fun, and i wouldnt be that worried about the size of your plane in basic, because most people in basic have smaller planes anyways.

Alex Wolski
Old 07-18-2004, 06:58 AM
rigger mike

I think what this gentlemen is referring to is the "Halo Factor".

Mike
Old 07-18-2004, 11:30 PM
3dandpatternflyer

alright guys.

Thanks for all responses! That really cleared it up.

TTyl,
Andrew T.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:58 AM
bvmjethead
My Feedback: (10)

As long as humans are involved there will be some level of prejudice in judging.