IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Don Lowes masters awesome!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 12:26 AM
relax1
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don Lowes masters awesome!

Just got back from the Don Lowes masters it was awesome!
This is some of the best precision and 3d flying i have seen yet .
I have been to the XfC, TOC, World aerobatics and many others. This tournament had it all.

Here is a run down of the freestyle that was breath taking.

Quique had a new manuever don't know exactly how to describe it. Look like an inverted turn around pop up from about 20 feet not for the weak of heart.

Jason Shulman was posses by a demon in his last freestyle flight. Did a full speed wall with a turn around finishing about 6 feet , awesome. Dave Brown was watching don't think he like this.

Christophe last freestyle went from a well controle precision freestyle , to a wild one. Low rolling takeoff to a knife edge splitting the tree openings. Finish with a low waterfall.

Chip is always wild. Inverted rudder circle that pull up at the last minute before hitting the trees.

Mark Lesenburg roll rate was the fastest I have seen next to Jason Noll. Counted over 45 rolls in less the 15 seconds. This had to be a world record.

Sebastiano Silvestri freestyle with the green and red smoke from the wing tips was a thing of beauty. Specialy when your inverted flat spins are 10 feet high.

Even Peter Goldsmith conservative freestyle was on the wild side. Inverted stalls 15 feet high.

Folks this were the seven finalist freestyles. Not to mention the others like John Glezelis, Jason nall and others.

The level of flying just keeps improving. When you think you seen it all here comes something new.

I'm not promoting this event. Just a die hard modeler that has been touch by piloting skills that was witness.

Will not miss this event in 2006!

Old 10-04-2004, 07:22 PM
InsaneFoamie
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Don Lowes masters awesome!

Most of these same pilots coming to the Tuscon shootout this year. They were there last year and it was incredible! You can bet I will be at this one this year also. A must see!!!! October 21-24