Search
Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Who's "All in!" for Bakersfield?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 09:26 PM
Airdoggy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's "All in!" for Bakersfield?

Well, lets here it! Who is going to be attending the IMAC festivities in lovely Bakersfield? I'm in!

The only thing I am waiting for, is a generator for my travel trailer.........come on UPS!
Old 03-08-2005, 11:47 PM
mecam
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Who's "All in!" for Bakersfield?

27 people in Sportsman, I wouldn't want to be a judge in that.[sm=bananahead.gif]

http://www.imacwebscore.com/2005Bakersfield/index.php

-
Old 03-09-2005, 12:42 AM
Airdoggy

Yeah, that is unbelievable and unfortunately that is the class I'm in. Maybe I should get off of my rear end and practice intermediate.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:54 PM
brweg

If you practice real hard, you can move up to Intermediate, and instead of waiting a couple of hours for your turn to fly, you can sit for a few hours judging Sportsman.

Me? I'll stick to Sportsman for this contest and let someone else judge that class.

Barry
Old 03-10-2005, 04:32 AM
Airdoggy

Hey Berry,

Looks like SCAT has rejuvenated competition aerobatics for SOCAL. Seems like it is more popular than ever! Way to go! Kudos to you and Bill and the rest of the crew! The only drawback, it is sure getting harder to get a trophy!

What plane are you flying now? Last time I saw, you were flying a big red 40 percent aeroworks. See ya in Bakersfield.

Tyler
Old 03-11-2005, 03:52 PM
brweg

I'll be there. The big 39% Edge came to an early end. It was resurected by a buddy and it still flies, but the engine needs to be returned for service. I'll be flying Bill's 33% Edge that he flew until he got his CA Extra. I'm hoping I can get the 39% I've got now finished before the end of the season.

Barry
Old 03-11-2005, 11:37 PM
Sunny_B

I was by the field today with my son, just checking it out. First time we've seen it, and I have to congratulate these guys on the great layout they have developed in a very short period of time. I am sure all of you who attend will be very satisfied with the facilities. Luck to you all.

Sunny
Old 03-12-2005, 11:33 PM
Anna Wood

BEAR MOUNTAIN FLYERS IMAC ANNOUNCEMENT .. LESS THAN A WEEK AWAY.......

THIS IS GONNA BE EXCELLENT!!!!

70 plus pilots have pre-registered....scary number!

We need all pilots to get to the site early for 7:30 a.m. registration! $40 (exact change, please) or check, at the field Saturday morning. $35, by check, if you want to snail mail your entry fee to Mark Lattimore this week. Mark's address is on the contest website at www.imacwebscore.com. If you can't make the contest please RSVP to Mark or Tim as soon as possible.

If you have not joined IMAC, we will have applications and we will take your application and money. We encourage it and your membership will allow you to earn points in the 2005 IMAC SW Region Point Title Challenge. Yearly IMAC Membership is $20. Become an IMAC member today by following this link http://www.mini-iac.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=67.

AMA sanctioned event, so bring proof of AMA, and be ready to sign the docs.

We need all pilots READY for a pilot's meeting at 8:00 a.m. SHARP.

Food will be available on site, so support the club. Great Raffle... something new here!

Be ready to do a radio impound OR a very, very strict adherence to frequency control. Many frequencies are going to have a conflict. We have a lot of new contestants and this is going to be so important. One of that last things we want to see is a loss of an airplane or unsafe loss of control of aircraft. It only takes one mistake to ruin the day.

Just to be clear... We will run two lines beginning at 8:30 a.m. AND we will be expecting pilots to be lined up 4 deep, at all times, and ready to put your aircraft up in the air BEFORE the previous pilot finishes his flight and BEFORE he lands his aircraft. This is essential to save time, time, time... Believe it, there are 490 sequences for the weekend in just 15-16 hours... We will need your commitment and dedication to being ready. It is essential that everyone bring their A-game for handling flight line procedures this weekend.

In order to get two throw away rounds we need 6 known sequences to be flown. With 5 knowns we get one throw away. I am not sure how important this might be but normally we get in 6 scored known flights in on a weekend. This might not happen at this contest, if the flight lines are not kept moving. So be aware, that on Sunday we might only get a morning round of Unknowns and 1 sequence in the afternoon. Reason: many people have to work the next day and need to get on the road at a decent hour.

PLEASE... go to the contest website, www.imacwebscore.com, and check for current information.

ALL UPPER CLASS FLYERS EXPECT TO JUDGE

The Judge's Matrix is posted on the contest website. This matrix has a list of pilots that have either volunteered to judge or I know that they have been judges before and are good to go. I know some may have a conflict with their caller but see if you can work out something to help this situation. If a significant problem exists let me know in the next few days by email.

Note: Judges doing the large class of Sportsman will only judge one time, for the contest, and we really thank you for doing that... nearly 60 sequences.

Best Regards,

Tim Attaway, CD
Mark Lattimore, Coordinator
Bear Mountain Flyers (First Contest)

Old 03-12-2005, 11:40 PM
Airdoggy

Thanks for the info. I think this whole season is going to be "fantastic". I can't believe the amount of people that have already shown interest in attending several events. Way to go IMAC! I knew I would get a positive return on my $20 investment.