Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > IMAC
Reload this Page >

Pac Aero Edge 520T 60/100 as a third plane...

Community
Search
Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Pac Aero Edge 520T 60/100 as a third plane...

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 09:00 PM
FlyI Bus Driver
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pac Aero Edge 520T 60/100 as a third plane...

Hi all,

I currently am flying an H9 UltraStick 60. Like most people addicted to the hobby I know, I'm always planning on what I want next while I enjoy what I have now. I'm still running through my US and having a ball and still have a lot to learn. Sure is fun with a Saito 100 on the front of it!

Like all of us, as I progress with one plane, I want to move up to the next level. After reading around here and watching some of the planes at the fields fly, I think I'm interested in scale aerobatics that IMAC seems to concentrate on (with a little 3D, but I'm not sure that's my "passion" or not). Would the Pacific Aeromodel's Edge 540T (in 60 size..) be a plane that someone with Ultrastick experience can handle and learn on? From doing some research on the subject, it seems PA's Edge does a good job with IMAC sequences and also is relatively tame (I'm not saying "forgiving", though).

Any advice would be great!

Old 04-04-2005, 10:24 AM
brweg

Default RE: Pac Aero Edge 520T 60/100 as a third plane...

The Edge is a great first aerobatic plane. What makes it "tame" is its leading edge, which lowers its stall speed significantly. But the Edge is also a good 3D airplane.

However, and I'll be putting on a flame suit before this hits the internet - I'd go larger. Get something in an 80 inch or larger wing. You won't believe the difference. Unless you have limited funds to invest, I'd get a 50 cc sized gas plane. You will be able to fly that just fine after your UltraStik. At this size, these planes begin to land like trainers, but do all the fun stuff once you get into the air. It will advance your flying by lightyears.

And once you go to gas, it will be hard to go back to glow.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:19 PM
FlyI Bus Driver
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Pac Aero Edge 520T 60/100 as a third plane...

Brweg,

Thanx for the info. Just about everyone has told me that larger is better, and it definately seems like that. But you guessed it, funds will pose a problem. The most I can do is a 1.00 4cycle plane. First for the money issues, second for the transportation issues (2 door coupe). Perhaps one day I'll move up to the larger a/c, but for now I'll probably stick to 60/100 sized airplanes.

I love the sound of those bigger birds, though!