Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > IMAC
Reload this Page >

IMAC radio setup...rates/flight modes...questions..

Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

IMAC radio setup...rates/flight modes...questions..

Old 11-16-2002, 05:47 AM
Eruption
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IMAC radio setup...rates/flight modes...questions..

Some guys at our field are going to jump into IMAC this spring, so it's time to stop hotdogging and get serious.

We've got a bunch of questions...

First, what seems to be the preferred radio setup??? flight modes or individual rate switches for each flight control?

Next, If you use individual switches are you using triple rates on every surface and can you give some examples of manuevers that require a low rate on one surface and high on the other?

If you're using flight modes, how many do you actually use and how are they setup, ie all high rates, all low rates, a mixture of rates?

We're familiar with radio setup, but want to tie it into flying IMAC and effective use of the switches.

Any help, tips, or even web links would be appreciated.

Kevin
Old 11-16-2002, 05:57 AM
3dbatixkid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here we go...........

One flight mode. I set up my rates so that when I burry the sticks in the corners, the plane snaps nicely. Exponential is your choice. Thats about all I can think of at the moment. If my brain comes back online, I'll post some more.
Old 11-16-2002, 02:26 PM
flyboy91
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Like 3d said usually you want to set up a snap condition where you burry the sticks and it snaps clean. Other then that it is really all about opinion I personally use a snap condition then just high and low rates for everything else because when doing rollers you have to hammer the rudder around the circle but have very little throw on elevator so usually I just switch to a high rate rudder.

Andrew