IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Rita update from Phil Oubre

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 01:20 PM
bstfrnd2bstfrnd
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rita update from Phil Oubre

This is a post to let all my IMAC(especially South Central) buddies know what's going on since the hurricane. As most of you know I took 3 feet of water in my house. I lost everything that was below the water line and although I had insurance coverage, I was terribly under-insured. I got a crash course in insurance. My RC collection took a hit but thanks to friends(Ryan Gonsoulin "Ryans Rebel") My main airplane was salvaged and I made it to the Tuscon Shootout. I lost my new Futaba 9C so Ryan and I shared his transmitter to start the contest but before long Futaba(Thanks Frank) lent me one. Very soon thereafter Dan Rathbun flew in with his backup 9C just for me to use. I was very touched. I didn't do to well in the contest, but had a great time. I came out high enough in the contest to win a new Futaba 9C[sm=sunsmiley.gif]. After the contest the work to rebuild the house started. My wife and I moved in to an efficiency that was offered by a friend. Let's just say it's been hard, hard, did I mention hard, work, but thanks to many friends I've moved back in and I'm 90% finished the rebuild. I'm am also in the process of building a new work shop so hopefully my hobby will end up in better shape than before Rita. I've had almost no time to fly and especially NO practice. I think I'm less than a month from having a normal life.
One thing I have been surprised by is the generosity of my friends and fellow flyers. People have come out of the woodworks to help. Offering their time and money has made this situation a little more bearable. Special thanks to Dan Rathbun and all my flying buddies for offering to replace my transmitter and then sending me the money to help me get back on my feet. I've made a special effort not to betray this and am working hard to get my life back to normal. One of the best things about being an IMAC member is the friends you make.
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You
Phil Oubre
Old 12-29-2005, 03:26 PM
Tony Fandino
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Rita update from Phil Oubre

Phil,
Good to hear your getting everthing backtogether. The Imac comunity is truely a special one, this shows you the type of individuels that are envolved in our hobby. Phil I wish you and your family the best and may you have a speedy recovery and get back flying as soon as possible. Remember the nats are only 7 months away........

Take care Buddy

Tony Fandino
Old 12-29-2005, 04:50 PM
Dean Bird
My Feedback: (39)

Thanks for the update Phil!! I'm glad to hear progress is being made and your hobby outlook is bright!!

It seems like the Tucson Shootout was just a few weeks ago. You have to love a contest where you "didn't do to well" and you earn a Futaba 9C as the prize!!!! It couldn't have gone to a better home.

I hope you have a fun 2006 contest year. I hope to hang out with you and Ryan again at the 2006 Shootout.

Take care amigo,

Dean
Old 12-29-2005, 07:23 PM
bdawg50

Let's see now... If you finish that last 10% in the next month, you will have about a month to practice for our first IMAC here in Houston. Hope you make it over. Remember the only reason we are having an IMAC here is because we don't you Louisiana boys to travel 10 to 12 hours !

Great you are getting things back together.

Allan Smith
Old 12-30-2005, 05:56 AM
bstfrnd2bstfrnd
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks guys, Allan, I plan on being there, rust and all.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:01 AM
Redneck Shaun
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Phil it's great to hear from you. I'm sorry to hear the damaged you got from the storm, but it's very good to hear that things are looking up. Pretty awesome that you won a new 9c at Tuscon. It's funny how things work out that way sometimes!!! I would love to be at that level to go and compete. Maybe someday? [] I hope you get to make it back up to fly with us in Sherman next year. I enjoyed visiting with you last year.
Shaun Russell