IMAC Unlimited Sequences

Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

IMAC Unlimited Sequences

Old 05-17-2003, 02:49 AM
dasmith232

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IMAC Unlimited Sequences

Anyone have rules or guidelines on unlimited sequence design?

How many manuevers (maximum) can be in an unknown sequence? Is it a maximum of 15, or is it no more than the number of manuevers for the corresponding known program?

What about the total-K? I know that it's generally supposed to be "less than" the corresponding known, but how much less?

I'm not asking for the *really* simple stuff, I've been flying IMAC for a couple of years now. I already know the classes, and I'm pretty clear on the idea that Unlimited sequences are more difficult than Basic sequences.

I have the FAI catalog and know how to read it. I also have the annotated versions from IMAC that show which maneuvers are legal in each of the classes. I also have the chart that describes what kind of manuevers are legal for each class.

I know how to *start* writing a sequence, I just don't know when to stop...

Thanks,

Dave.
Old 05-17-2003, 05:46 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave, are you producing an unknown sequence? From what I've noticed the total K for the unknown should be about the same as the previous class, or maybe slightly higher.
Old 05-17-2003, 11:06 AM
EXCAP232
My Feedback: (12)

Default Sequence design

All the rules and allowed manuvers are on the IMAC site.

http://www.mini-iac.com/main.asp

EXCAP232
Old 05-17-2003, 02:25 PM
dasmith232

> All the rules and allowed manuvers are on the IMAC site

Yeah, I know that, but I'm still looking for some help.

Section 16.3 in the AMA rule book (available at either the AMA site or the IMAC site) specifies that the maximum number of manuevers for an *unknown* is 15. I can't find the maximum number of the *known* sequence. Does anyone know this? I've written software to help with scoring, and it would be helpful to know what limits to cover in the software.

In any of these, I still can't find any guidelines for the "target" total-K value. Yes, I'm trying to write some unknown sequences for a contest coming up. (I'm a co-CD.) I also would like to submit sequences for next year's known proposals.

Without this information, I can still produce reasonable sequences. I would just like to know if there is a rule or target value (for the total-K), or if everyone just approximates it because "all the other sequences in the class have about the same value..."

Flyfalcons wrote:
> From what I've noticed the total K for the unknown
> should be about the same as the previous class, or
> maybe slightly higher.

This is the kind of information I'm looking for. I've seen about this same thing. I've also heard that the unknown *should* be about 25%-30% lower (total-K) than the corresponding known.

I've also heard that the unknown *cannot* have a higher-K (which I agree with). But I've also heard that the number of maneuvers in the unknown cannot be higher that the number in the known.

There are a lot of myths out there. And the stories get slightly distorted with each interpretation. I'm looking the "reset the baseline" or to know the standard.

Dave.