RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   IMAC (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/imac-88/)
-   -   Hamilton HAWKS IMAC #2 Improvements (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/imac-88/5060863-hamilton-hawks-imac-2-improvements.html)

Ricmussman 12-01-2006 12:46 AM

Hamilton HAWKS IMAC #2 Improvements

Hello all I am writing tonight to get different suggestions on what we as a club or I as a CD might do different/better to enhance our IMAC contest next Summer. Although I feel that our contest was a success, I want to make it better! I am hoping to get more pilots at the event this Summer than last year. We had 20 registrants (19 flew LOL). The worst part of the weekend was the mid-air colision but that was out of my hands. For those outside of the NCFR what things make your contests great? The North Central is certainly blessed with great ppl and great contests but what is the hitch to get more involved?

If you did attended last year, I would love to hear from you. For everyone else that wants to respond about there experiences please do.

Thanks
Ric Musselman

exeter_acres 12-01-2006 08:31 AM

RE: Hamilton HAWKS IMAC #2 Improvements

Ric.... Honestly I thought your contest was in the top 2 or 3 of best run contests for the year....
The field is great.... the flow was nice.. I like lots of flying and we had it there!
Attendance was low everywhere...... not just at yours

Hmmm...suggestions..?..

Allow a big bon fire... we all know that all of us in the NC region are a bunch of Pyro's!!!

I'll give it more thought, but I thought you did a great job!

wgeffon 12-01-2006 10:34 AM

Dancing girls!

exeter_acres 12-01-2006 10:51 AM

Darn... I knew I forgot something!

and no Zero's

wgeffon 12-01-2006 11:12 AM

No maneuver like we had in the unknown that weekend.

ncsanik 12-01-2006 06:46 PM

ric, i got fly...

a warm up flight. but the only suggestion i have is to keep me from having a mid-air. but serisously, you dont need to change anything you ran a great contest, one of the best.

brian

rcplanefan 12-02-2006 09:26 AM

Brian,

I don't think he was talking about you...

Ken

exeter_acres 12-02-2006 09:29 AM

;);););)

Hmmmmmmm

:):D

wgeffon 12-02-2006 10:17 AM

I have an idea....

Dancing girls!

Ricmussman 12-02-2006 10:22 AM

LOL, :D

Do you all think that a meal on Saturday night is a plus or not. It is a goal of mine to get more of our club to participate and this may help. Has anyone done the Freestyle on Saturday after the regular rounds instead of on Sunday? Freestyle seems to be a dying event what would make more ppl participate? (I can't buy backup planes for anyone) What about a raffle? I was thinking of getting a EF Electric Yak With motor ans speed controller for a raffle. On top of regular entry fee, food, extra curricular fee (beer), is a raffle too much to ask? I am presenting several ideas to our club this wednesday. What do you all think?

Ric

wgeffon 12-02-2006 10:31 AM

I have been saying for a while (dancing girls) that Freestyle should happen on Saturday evening. (As long as the IMAC rounds dont get (dancing girls) cut short to do it)

You could do it in conjunction with a Dinner. Charge 5 bucks or so for the BBQ, have a raffle to pay help pay for dinner also.
If the Freestyle (dancing girls) is that evening, you would have more spectators there, more people to eat, more money made for the club once the BBQ is payed for. (dancing girls)

Ricmussman 12-02-2006 10:37 AM

Those are all of what I am thinking Wayne.... The Girls here in Hamilton are too $$$ and don't have many teeth....[:-]

wgeffon 12-02-2006 10:49 AM

Perfect for Craven.

sweetpea01 12-02-2006 12:40 PM

Try to get a invitational pilot to show up.......Big names always bring in more folks. Try to get more pilot prizes......not just R/C related, but local companies can help also. Good luck.

I had 58 pilots last year in Vegas......I'm shooting for 65 this year

Cincinnati Joe 12-05-2006 08:14 PM

The idea of holding freestyle on Saturday night in conjunction with a barbeque sounds like one DARN good idea to me. Granted, the pilots might not get to eat, but it would be great for the rest of us mere mortals!! Good food and thrills/spills to boot! Only way to make it better would be to have the IMAC Cheerleaders there to support the freestyle flyers. Maybe some kind of sweet prize for the best freestyle (besides the trophy...) Hmmmmm.....[X(]

Hubb 01-02-2007 09:57 PM

Ric, any updates to this?!? I thought your contest was just fabulous last year. the only thing missing was the dacing girls.

Hubb

exeter_acres 01-03-2007 08:08 AM

Hmmm.... Regionals?

hvac 01-03-2007 09:20 AM

i went to my first imac at springfield, IL last year. i am hooked. i bought two new gas airplanes for this season and plan on attending as many events as possible. i am trying to get more guys at my field to try out imac. i had a blast at springfield. i think dancing girls would be great. that way we dont have to spend lots of Larry's money at the local strip clubs, right Wayne?

wgeffon 01-03-2007 09:30 AM

I have no problem spending Larry's money.

hvac 01-03-2007 10:16 AM

Larry is a great guy. being a newbie at imac, Larry was the first guy i met at the event. he helped me alot and i greatly appreciated the tips he gave me. everyone was very nice and i can't wait for the new season to start.

tobytorkn 01-11-2007 03:46 AM

ric, i thought your contest was great. to be honest, i wouldn't change a thing. personally, i wouldn't supply a raffle plane. i don't think you'll make enough at a contest to pay back the cost really. maybe, if you wanted. find a local restraunt that the guys can all gather at on saturday night or possibly have a cookout where everyone provides a side dish. i tried this at my contest last year and it worked well. i think the cost of gas played a big role in everyone's plans last year in going to contests. hope this helps. later, toby....
www.silhavyaerosports.net