RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   IMAC (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/imac-88/)
-   -   Scale Aerobatic Nat's Participants (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/imac-88/9636508-scale-aerobatic-nats-participants.html)

downhumpty 04-04-2010 12:21 PM

Scale Aerobatic Nat's Participants

To: Scale Aerobatic Participants

The SA Nat’s (2010 Scale aerobatic National’s) planning is at full throttle (pun intended). We are in search of judges to help decide the SA Nat’s Champion. If you know anyone that would like to help out please have them contact me. If you are planning to compete here is some useful information:

Registration Fees:

Basic Registration (each open contestant must pay) $ 45.00
*Jr/Sr. fees see specific event listing $______
Event Fees $______ x ______ = $______
(See specific event listing)
Banquet Tickets if applicable $______
Late Fee if applicable (see specific event listing) $______
Total enclosed $______
□ Check □VISA/Master Card
Card No.
_ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ Ex _ _ /_ _

Signature _______________________________________

RC Scale Aerobatics – July 5 - 8, 2010
- Jr/Free
- Sr. basic registration fee plus $20
- Open basic registration fee plus $65
- If paying after June 15, 2010 fees will be Jr/Free, Sr. $75plus basic registration fee, Open $165 plus basic registration fee
- NO entries or refunds after June 25, 2010

Please get your Nat's Participation Form completed and send it in ASAP.

Important Notice:

Please be advised that the Nat’s will be conducted according to the SA Rules as they are written with no deviation or waivers. Please understand that in the past our neighbors at the National Flying Site have complained about the noise of our aircraft. So the Nat’s team (in agreement with the Nat’s Management Staff) will be conducting,
General Rule, 5. Scale Aerobatic Sound Limits:

Rule 5.3: Ground Sound Level Test.

Prior to flying the first round of a contest; each competition model must pass the Ground Sound Level Test. The Ground Sound Level Test must be completed at the sanctioned contest site by the Contest Director or his/her designee. Testing shall be done in an area designated by the Contest Director and may be completed prior to or during the first round. Models successfully completing the test will not be measured again during the contest unless their sound level is deemed to have increased significantly since the initial check by the Contest Director. Any plane that fails the test will not fly, but will be moved to the back of the flight order, and allowed one more attempt to pass the test. Any model that fails the second test will zero all judged sequences he would have flown during the current round. Any model that fails the second test may be tested again during future rounds with the same Ground Level Sound Test criteria being applied. No model will fly any judged sequences at any Scale Aerobatics contest until it passes the Ground Sound Level Test.

This notice allows ample time to comply with this rule before the Nat’s. Help preserve our flying fields by making your models quiet as possible.

“All of our planes can be made to be even quieter than they are, even yours.”

Regards,

Kent Porter

SA Nat’s Event Director

(919) 538-6811

[email protected]

downhumpty 05-24-2010 04:26 PM

RE: Scale Aerobatic Nat's Participants

Scale Aerobatic Nationals registration dead line is closing fast. Please get your registration completed and mailed to AMA Head Quarters on or before June 15, 2010 to save. Dead line for registration is June 25, 2010.

downhumpty 05-28-2010 02:20 PM

So far...... Get registered! Time is running out!

ADVANCED:
Porter Alex
Schneider Trent
Matustik Louis
Goodwin Kyle
Pinzon IVAN

INTERMADIATE:
Batts Ben
Taylor Andrew
Kissenberth Riley
Davis Alexander
Hayes Joey

SPORTSMAN:
Puccio Frank

UNLIMITED:
Koelling Kurt
Lyman Ty
Arseneau Larry
Berninger Will
Matthews Wayne
Taylor Derick
Jones Brendan
Pinzon Nicolas
Westdorp Neil
Noll Frank

Get signed up so I can add you to the list! Unlimited pilots John and Tina Schroder and the CCA Team has spiced up the pot and gave you another chance to play with the BIG BOYS at the up and coming Cover Creek Invitational. Make them plans NOW! Register for the 2010 SA Nationals in Muncie, IN!

Kent Porter

Event Director

downhumpty 06-14-2010 02:45 PM

So far...... Get registered! Time is running out!

ADVANCED:
Porter Alex
Schneider Trent
Matustik Louis
Goodwin Kyle
Pinzon IVAN
Clark Ryan
Getz Justin
Utasi Joseph
Balazs Matt
Wallace Troy

INTERMADIATE:
Batts Ben
Taylor Andrew
Kissenberth Riley
Davis Alexander
Hayes Joey
Barrios Jr. Mariano
Scileppi Mike

SPORTSMAN:
Puccio Frank
Ford Corey

UNLIMITED:
Koelling Kurt
Lyman Ty
Arseneau Larry
Berninger Will
Matthews Wayne
Taylor Derick
Jones Brendan
Pinzon Nicolas
Westdorp Neil
Noll Frank
Nelson Steve
Schroder John

Get signed up so I can add you to the list! Unlimited pilots John and Tina Schroder and the CCA Team has spiced up the pot and gave you another chance to play with the BIG BOYS at the up and coming Cover Creek Invitational. Make them plans NOW! Register for the 2010 SA Nationals in Muncie, IN!

http://www.clovercreekaerodrome.net/news.html

Kent Porter

Event Director

Updated 6/14/2010

Ok, This is hot off the desk of Yolanda Jones with AMA at 1510 hrs 6/14/10 31 registered pilots. Deadline is 6/15/10 guys give the girls a call. You can fax in the registration and give a cc# for payment. Let's do it! Our IMAC President Don Hamilton has a big announcement and will deliver it at the Thursday Night Banquet. Tickets will be available onsite. Price to be determinded. Sell of tickets will be first come first serve do to seating availability.
Kent

Thumb Thumb 06-15-2010 09:45 PM

With 31 pilots it would seem we can have the whole group fly at one flying site and run two lines. I wonder what the management will come up with. Soon we will know.

So Cali

downhumpty 06-15-2010 09:54 PM

Posted By Kent Porter on 15 Jun 2010 22:50
Yahoo! As the event director I have extended the cut off date for registration! You now have until 5 pm June 23 to get your registration in. Don't delay, you can fax in the entry forms and submit a credit card for payment. Call AMA and follow the phone directions for NATS info. The girls will be glad to get you signed up. You do not want to miss this years SA NATS! Come participate as the best ever NATS unfolds right before your eyes!:)

Unlimited Pilots, look here http://www.clovercreekaerodrome.net/news.html

Call 8 am to 5 pm M-F AMA 800-435-9262

Edit....I, Kent Porter formally apologize to the IMAC BOD. I should not have put words into your mouths. Please forgive me guys.

Kent Porter

SA NATS

Event Director

Updated 6/16/10

Thumb Thumb 06-16-2010 09:25 PM

Hmmmmm..........

The "Official NATS Entry Form" says the following:

RC Scale Aerobatics – July 5 - 8, 2010
- Jr/Free
- Sr basic registration fee plus $20
- Open basic registration fee plus $65
- If paying after June 15, 2010 fees will be Jr/Free, Sr $75
plus basic registration fee, Open $165 plus basic
registration fee
- NO entries or refunds after June 25, 2010

Reading that last line, I thought everyone had until June 25 to register.

Steve
San Diego

downhumpty 06-17-2010 02:41 AM

Your last sentence is correct.. However to save $$$$$$ do it by the 23rd. ;-)

Kent

downhumpty 06-22-2010 06:33 PM

To all SA NATS participants, the initial pilot’s meeting will be held Sunday July 4Th at 6:00PM on site 3. I encourage everyone to attend however it is not mandatory. Banquet tickets will be for sale at this meeting.

Below is a list of pertinent information:
• Unlimited and Advanced will use site 3 (show center) two flight lines. (Subject to change)
• Intermediate and Sportsman will use site 4 (rear site) two flight lines. (Subject to change)
• Flight order established at the 8:00AM Monday morning pilot briefing.
• Pilot briefing held on the site to which you are assigned.
• Wheels up immediately after pilot briefing.
• Scores will be posted after each round. (Thursday rounds will be held until finalist are announced)
• No UNKNOWNS for Monday July 5Th (we will fly as many known rounds as possible).
• Banquet tickets available for purchase (See score runners, Cheryl and Tina).
• We will not be enforcing Scale Aerobatics General Rule 5 Sound Limits (see below for sound enforcement rules). All other rules apply!
• Concessions will be on site (arranged by AMA).
• It will be hot so please stay hydrated.
• Tuesday’s unknown will be handed out at end of day Monday pilot’s briefing and flight order will be established.
• After hours, please feel free to mingle throughout the campus and get to know your fellow pilots.
• Please obey all traffic signs while on AMA property.
• The rest we will play by ear.

Scoring;

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday scores will follow SA Rules and Regulations. See General Rule 15. Determining Placement (also see Contest Guide 4 Appendix A “Drop Table”)

Thursday final’s pilots will be flying one round of knowns and TWO unknowns.

Weighting for finals will be 33% carrying in from first three days, 33% known round, and 33% unknowns

And then theres FREESTYLE! Get signed up!

www.mini-iac.com/Portals/0/Download..._Rev_4.pdf

Results:

• Highest known finals sequence normalized.
• Highest unknown finals sequence normalized.
• Normalized score from preliminary rounds.

Summary;
The sequence committee has worked very hard to supply us with sixteen freshly written unknowns. Please be sure to thank our sequence committee for their commitment to our sport. Monday we will fly as many known rounds as possible to try and stay ahead of Mother Nature. Unknowns will be handed out at the pilots briefing at the end of day Monday and Tuesday. Finalist will be announced and the final two unknowns will be handed out at the end of the banquet (held at the Horizon Center Wednesday night) and flight order will be established.

Banquet
• Tickets cost TBA. (6/23)
• 6PM to 7PM serving cocktails (mingling encouraged)
• 6:45PM Short introductions by Kent Porter (event director)
• 7PM Buffet Dinner starts serving
• 7:45PM Don Hamilton takes the floor to share some exciting news.
• 8:45PM Announcement of finalist and hand out final unknowns
• 9:30PM Closing remarks / Kent Porter
• Cash bar closes @ 11:30PM
• We have to be out of the center by 11:59PM
• Please be sure to obey the no smoking policy while in the Horizon Center.

SOUND ENFORCEMENT RULES;

Listed below are the purposed 2011 AMA Scale Aerobatics Sound Rules which will govern the 2010 Scale Aerobatics NATS:
5.4. In-Flight Judging Criteria for Known and Unknown Sequences
Judges will evaluate each individual sequence flown in its entirety for overall sound presentation. Each judged Known and Unknown sequence, shall have one “figure” added to the end of the score sheet after individually judged maneuvers. This figure shall be known as the Sound Score. The Sound Score will have a K value dependent on the class flown. Individual class K values are:

- Unlimited 15 K
- Advanced 12K
- Intermediate 9K
- Sportsman 6K
- Basic 3K.

The sound score will be scored on a scale of 10 to 0 with 10 denoting “Very Quiet” and the low end of the scale toward zero denoting “Very noisy”. Whole points will be used for scoring. This sound score will then be multiplied by the K value for the individual class and included in the total flight score for the sequence. Note that each judge’s score is independent of the other(s) and no conferencing on the sound score is required.
If a pilot receives a sound score of three (3) or less for the same sequence from two or more judges, the pilot will be notified of the problem and will be requested by the Contest Director prior to the next round to adjust or modify the aircraft in order to reduce the sound level. If that pilot, after notification, again receives a sound score of three (3) or less for the same sequence from two or more judges, that pilot will be disqualified from further competition at that contest.

Note: I ask all pilots that are on site Sunday to please make arrangements to ground sound test your planes. This is for data collection only. Thank you for your participation in this task.

Event Director
Kent Porter
SA NATS.

downhumpty 06-25-2010 10:11 AM

Today is the cut off date for registration! Game On!

Kent Porter

downhumpty 06-26-2010 05:14 AM

6/25 was the dead line. However, being the nice Event Director I am ..... I will accept anyone's application if the contact me before July 3rd. This is my final deadline. There is a point in time things just have to be done.

If you would like to compete in the SA NATS July 5 Thur July 8, 2010 and you have not already registered, please contact me @ [email protected] or (919) 538-6811.

Come on call me.. I dare you!

Kent Porter

SA NATS

downhumpty 06-27-2010 07:49 PM

As of 6/23/2010 I will get an up to date from AMA Monday on the last mailings.

ADVANCED:
Porter Alex
Schneider Trent
Matustik Louis
Goodwine Kyle
Pinzon IVAN
Clark Ryan
Getz Justin
Utasi Joseph
Balazs Matt
Wallace Troy
Dennis Mark
Gini Christopher
Benson Jason

INTERMADIATE:
Batts Ben
Taylor Andrew
Kissenberth Riley
Davis Alexander
Hayes Joey
Barrios Jr. Mariano
Scileppi Mike
Karnes Mike
Woycke Chris

SPORTSMAN:
Puccio Frank
Ziemba Blake
Davis Chuck
Ford Corey
Gabbard Michael

Burndrett Tom

UNLIMITED:
Koelling Kurt
Lyman Ty
Arseneau Larry
Berninger Will
Matthews Wayne
Taylor Derick
Jones Brendan
Pinzon Nicolas
Westdorp Neil
Noll Frank
Nelson Steve
McLean Cody
Schroder John
Lyndel Roe
Sanik Brian
Gonsoulin Ryan

Moser David

FREEESTYLE:
Porter Alex
Koelling Kurt
Westdorp Neil
Nelson Steve
Schroder John
Gini Christopher

downhumpty 06-28-2010 05:25 PM

ADVANCED:
Porter Alex
Schneider Trent
Matustik Louis
Goodwine Kyle
Pinzon IVAN
Clark Ryan
Getz Justin
Utasi Joseph
Balazs Matt
Wallace Troy
Dennis Mark
Gini Christopher
Benson Jason

INTERMADIATE:
Batts Ben
Taylor Andrew
Kissenberth Riley
Davis Alexander
Hayes Joey
Barrios Jr. Mariano
Scileppi Mike
Karnes Mike
Woycke Chris
Hass Chris

SPORTSMAN:
Puccio Frank
Ziemba Blake
Davis Chuck
Ford Corey
Gabbard Michael

Burndrett Tom

UNLIMITED:
Koelling Kurt
Lyman Ty
Arseneau Larry
Berninger Will
Matthews Wayne
Taylor Derick
Jones Brendan
Pinzon Nicolas
Westdorp Neil
Noll Frank
Nelson Steve
McLean Cody
Schroder John
Lyndel Roe
Sanik Brian
Gonsoulin Ryan
Moser David
Noll Jason

FREEESTYLE:
Porter Alex
Koelling Kurt
Westdorp Neil
Nelson Steve
Schroder John
Gini Christopher
Hass Chris
Noll Jason

If you have registered for the SA NATS and do not see your name or it is spelled improperly please notify me via PM