Community
Search
Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Smoke Pump Voltage needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Ron S
My Feedback: (2)

Received 205 Likes on 125 Posts
Default Smoke Pump Voltage needed

Hi Guys,
I am (finally) hooking up my Jet Central smoke pump in my Rabbit powered Bandit. I just checked pump direction, so I am continuing with my install. Are there any recommendations as to the required voltage to run the smoke pump? Should I just "tap" into the ECU pack (which is now a 7.4v 3300mAh LiPo pack), or is a different voltage pack recommended? Thanks! [8D]
Old 02-24-2012, 06:10 PM
monjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Smoke Pump Voltage needed

Hello Ron
7.4 v is the right voltage, however I don't recommend to connect it to the ECU battery because it will lower the voltage to the turbine pump wile smoking, the ECU will compensate for that in one or two seconds but, as sun as you turn the smoke off, the voltage will suddenly rise and the turbine can over rev for an instant until the ECU compensate for that
I recommend a 2200 2s liPo for the job
Regards
Juan
Old 02-26-2012, 08:28 AM
Ron S
My Feedback: (2)

Received 205 Likes on 125 Posts
Default RE: Smoke Pump Voltage needed

Thanks for the input, Juan!