Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet
Reload this Page >

Jet Central Cheetah SE Pipe Gap

Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Jet Central Cheetah SE Pipe Gap

Old 08-14-2016, 07:52 AM
skunkwurk
My Feedback: (18)

Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Jet Central Cheetah SE Pipe Gap

Hello,

New to Jet Central, previously I've only installed Jet Cat turbines and the typical gap is "1/2"-3/4" after the end of the exhaust nozzle". The gap for Jet Central turbine varies between models and pipe diameters, this leads me to believe there is some wiggle room we can work with, but it can certainly lead to undesired results if wrong. That said, I have a couple questions for the experts, I've included a couple pics to try and illustrate what I mean. As the subject states, the questions below are specific to the Cheetah SE. Thank you in advance.

• My pipe measures 85mm, the manual recommends 70-80mm (min/max) for Cheetah. There is a footnote that states bigger is ok, smaller is not, if bigger it's best to decrease the gap.
  1. Is 5mm enough, (85mm vs 80mm), of a increase in dia. to require a smaller gap?
  2. I included a pic to show you where I took the measurement of the dia., pretty basic.

• The manual shows a full bell-mouth and illustrates a measurement to the tip of the pipe, 20 to 30mm (min/max). My pipe has a small or mini-bell, not sure of the technical name. I'm not sure if I should measure the gap to the tip of the pipe or the lip of the bell on my install.
  1. My gap to the lip of the mini-bell is 15mm.
  2. My gap to the tip of the pipe is 20mm.
  3. Is the gap too small?
  4. I included a pic to show you the gap

Thanks again.

skunkwurk -
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	cheetah mesurements 2.png
Views:	1025
Size:	3.24 MB
ID:	2176847   Click image for larger version

Name:	cheetah mesurements.jpeg
Views:	501
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	2176848  

Last edited by skunkwurk; 08-14-2016 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:14 AM
skunkwurk

bump...

Is anyone from Jet Central monitoring this forum?
Old 08-16-2016, 08:01 AM
rcjets12
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skunkwurk
Hello,

New to Jet Central, previously I've only installed Jet Cat turbines and the typical gap is "1/2"-3/4" after the end of the exhaust nozzle". The gap for Jet Central turbine varies between models and pipe diameters, this leads me to believe there is some wiggle room we can work with, but it can certainly lead to undesired results if wrong. That said, I have a couple questions for the experts, I've included a couple pics to try and illustrate what I mean. As the subject states, the questions below are specific to the Cheetah SE. Thank you in advance.

• My pipe measures 85mm, the manual recommends 70-80mm (min/max) for Cheetah. There is a footnote that states bigger is ok, smaller is not, if bigger it's best to decrease the gap.
  1. Is 5mm enough, (85mm vs 80mm), of a increase in dia. to require a smaller gap?
  2. I included a pic to show you where I took the measurement of the dia., pretty basic.

• The manual shows a full bell-mouth and illustrates a measurement to the tip of the pipe, 20 to 30mm (min/max). My pipe has a small or mini-bell, not sure of the technical name. I'm not sure if I should measure the gap to the tip of the pipe or the lip of the bell on my install.
  1. My gap to the lip of the mini-bell is 15mm.
  2. My gap to the tip of the pipe is 20mm.
  3. Is the gap too small?
  4. I included a pic to show you the gap

Thanks again.

skunkwurk -
Hi Steve,

for or the gap between the pipe and the turbine for a cheetah you should be at 3/4 minimum to 7/8" is what I personally use on mine. I would recommend the 7/8". As for the pipe diameter being 5mm bigger I would not even worry about that as it will not make a difference.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:03 PM
skunkwurk

Thank you, Jose.

sc