Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet
Reload this Page >

Hot starts on cheetah and flame outs on rhino

Community
Search
Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Hot starts on cheetah and flame outs on rhino

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 11:04 AM
jagfab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot starts on cheetah and flame outs on rhino

Hi

Have 2 engines that are giving us a few issues
One is a cheetah bearing serial no jf-140-216 These are as supplied and have never updated the same till date. The current run time on this turbine is 253 minutes and 29 cycles.

The issue on this turbine is that almost every start is hot, either there is a white smoke at start up or a small flame is thrown. Post start up and ramping the power the turbine runs fine. The only issue that is being faced is the hot start.

For fuel we are using standard diesel and 5percent oil for both the turbines with 2s 4000 mah 25 c lipos for both turbines.

On the rhino200 sp. Strangely the serial number does not show on start up. This engine is mounted on a Elster jets j10 which was earlier flying perfectly with a jet cat 180. The engine was changed for want of adequate power.

This engines has given us 7 flame outs in as many flights. The flame outs occur post 2-3 minutes of flight and generally below 50% power specifically 5 have happened when the gear is deployed. The other 2 are random flame outs but less than 2 minutes into the flight. What is also noticed / felt that the acceleration of the engine is far too slow.
The flame outs were generally with a trail of white smoke which meant the obvious that there may be issues with the plumbing. The whole fuel system has been redone and changed and still the same problems are occurring.

We here are lost at this point for options. Do let us know what else we can do or change any parameters on the ecu.
Old 03-22-2017, 04:46 PM
jetmon

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello Jagfab
Please write me an email to [email protected], most likely we will have to unlock the ecu and I have to give you the instructions for that
Regards
Old 03-24-2017, 01:18 AM
jagfab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have already sent the mail yesterday with the subject line "hot starts on cheetah and flameouts on rhino - rcu form post reply"
Old 08-11-2017, 04:40 AM
rcpete347
My Feedback: (251)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HI, I had hot starts on the Rhino SP 200 which almost destroyed my new T-33, ended up being a faulty thermocouple in the turbine.
I had to replace the pipe and repair the paint.
Rcpete

Last edited by rcpete347; 08-11-2017 at 04:42 AM.