Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Older 160 Starter

Old 10-02-2020, 04:24 AM
mitchilito
My Feedback: (6)

Received 123 Likes on 110 Posts
Default Older 160 Starter

I have an older JC 160 or 170 that needs a starter. I tried to get Manny at Aeropanda to help but after several email conversations, he has long since quit answering my pleas for help. I guess there's really nothing in it if for him.

If anyone knows where or how I can replace this motor please let me know. The clutch is fine - just need the motor.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:58 AM
jetmon

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello mitchilito
Manny had a surgery, thats why you probably did not get replay
It is tricky to replace the motor without damaging the cluch and new motor, that is why we dont sell them separatelly
We can sell you a new style starter motor assembly
You can contact me directly at [email protected]
Sorry for my bad English
Old 10-08-2020, 02:45 PM
mitchilito
My Feedback: (6)

Received 123 Likes on 110 Posts

Manny/Juan,
I got the new starter motor today. I was surprised to see it come with the bullet cover and wiring. I was also very pleasantly surprised to see it drop right in and work perfectly on this older engine - no shimming required. And finally, I found the price for all that I received extremely reasonable.

Thanks to you all at Jet Central-
Mitch in NC
The following users liked this post:
Sparhawk (12-25-2020)