Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

rabbit 100se surging

Old 03-04-2022, 04:54 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default rabbit 100se surging

i have a rabbit 100SE with 5.5 hours on it. sometimes after i take off it goes into a really bad surging . it doesn't do it all the time but frequently. i have tried different settings and removed the fuel filter . it seems that it takes about 45 seconds to a minute to start the surging. i have tried relearning the ecu and tried acc. the throttle one click at a time till i see pump values set . after i land , shut everything down and restart " including the radio" it's fine . any thoughts?
Old 03-04-2022, 09:26 AM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts

Keep the settings that you have, swap the fuel pump, also check for air in the lines, keep an eye on the pw.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-04-2022, 02:26 PM
joeflyer
My Feedback: (47)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

My first guess is that you have an air leak. Look carefully for any bubbles while running on the ground. Slow down your acceleration rate and see if it still does it.
If none of that works try a new pump.
Old 03-04-2022, 04:52 PM
CARS II

Yeap!
what he said, my K80 its starting to do that because air coming from the UAT, I will be rebuilding that UAT.
Old 03-12-2022, 06:55 AM
warbird_1

thanks for the input. mine has a power pack with the pump built in . i did check for air in the lines but will do it again . i was told that there was a firmware update to help but that will be my next thing to do.. sending it in. was hoping there was another solution . it's just odd that when you back the throttle back to half it goes away
Old 03-16-2022, 08:20 AM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

I'd pull it and bench run it with a standalone tank, see if you can replicate it on a stand to rule out something in the airplane installation. Nothing worse than pulling it all and sending it in only to have them tell you it ran perfect on the stand for them.
Old 03-16-2022, 08:30 AM
warbird_1

Originally Posted by Auburn02 View Post
I'd pull it and bench run it with a standalone tank, see if you can replicate it on a stand to rule out something in the airplane installation. Nothing worse than pulling it all and sending it in only to have them tell you it ran perfect on the stand for them.
good idea

Old 03-22-2022, 04:17 PM
Mannyr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like most of the post-state sound like air or a fuel issue...That failure should be able to replicate on the ground same as the air.
There is no software update that can help on that and there is no reason to send it....as soon as we loaded on our test stand most likely is going to run fine.
Please give me a call to know more details and try to help you to identify the issue.

Regards

Manny Rodriguez
JetCentral USA
Old 03-23-2022, 08:56 AM
warbird_1

Originally Posted by Mannyr View Post
Like most of the post-state sound like air or a fuel issue...That failure should be able to replicate on the ground same as the air.
There is no software update that can help on that and there is no reason to send it....as soon as we loaded on our test stand most likely is going to run fine.
Please give me a call to know more details and try to help you to identify the issue.

Regards

Manny Rodriguez
JetCentral USA
thanks for the input manny. . i've checked the fuel system thoroughly and didn't find any air in the system. A friend was told by JC that there was a firmware update to address this issue . you know him very well as i do too. He was having this issue too. if there was a air issue , it would have been before the pump not after as it's pressurized after the pump. i saw no air in the system after the power pack/pump . i can remove the turbine and run it by itself but don't think that will show anything . as soon as you land and reboot everything, it's fine
Old 03-23-2022, 09:57 AM
CARS II

One more suggestion.

If you have the throttle set at mid expo, change it to linear.
We had a similar problem with a different engine brand, switching to linear on the throttle fixed our problem.

Good luck.
Old 03-23-2022, 10:28 AM
warbird_1

Originally Posted by CARS II View Post
One more suggestion.

If you have the throttle set at mid expo, change it to linear.
We had a similar problem with a different engine brand, switching to linear on the throttle fixed our problem.

Good luck.
thanks cars.. yes it is set at lineal
Old 03-23-2022, 11:17 AM
warbird_1

i have downloaded the 1 hour file from the power pack if anyone wants to look at it i'll email it to you .WB_1 p.s. here's some shots of the parameters

Last edited by warbird_1; 03-23-2022 at 11:20 AM.