Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet
Reload this Page >

Charging Li Ion supplied with Rhino

Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Charging Li Ion supplied with Rhino

Old 12-23-2008, 07:52 AM
etibedossa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charging Li Ion supplied with Rhino

Hello,
I have just received my new Rhino which is running very nicely on the bench but I am not very familiar with Li Ion batteries .My Hyperion charger has only Lipo or Life program but not Li Ion program:Am I right if I use the Lipo program for the Liion?
Moreover The Li Ion battery supplied with my Rhino has no balancer connection,is it not a problem?
Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!
Etienne.

Old 12-23-2008, 09:07 AM
Mach1
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Charging Li Ion supplied with Rhino

I would also like more info on charging the Li-Ion pack (VT-90 Rabbit). Like Etienne (above post) I have never used these and I'm trying to figure out how to charge them correctly. My chargers only list LiPo's.

Thanks
Warren G. Hunter
Old 12-23-2008, 12:02 PM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Etienne:
Warren:

Most chargers list Lipo and LiIon batteries. Using a charger which does not list or is not suited for LiIon and Lipo batteries is not recommended.
I use Hobbico's Accu-Cycle Elite which has the Lipo/LiIon option. Select this option on your charger then set the Mah rating of your battery as well as the number of cells. Your supplied batteries are 2S2P which is two cell redundant. Setting the voltage (7.4) should automatically set the number of cells (2). You have set the Mah rating (listed on the battery) so you should be good to go.
Our batteries are supplied with two leads; one with a JR style connector and the other MultiPlex. We have no charge circutry or balance system in our current batteries.

If you have any questions regarding the particular charger you are using, PLEASE contact the manufacturer for clarification.

Thanks, and Happy Holidays to all,
Eric Clapp
Old 12-23-2008, 12:15 PM
sweetpea01
My Feedback: (10)

Guys I use LIONS in my Giant Scale planes and was thrilled to see this in the RABBIT.

Chargine is simple.

Like Eric said.......any LION or LIPO charger will charge it. LION do not need to be balanced while LIPO does.

Your best bet is to charge at 1C or less. With the battery being a 7.4v battery I would charge in this range 1.2-2.4 amps. Or set the Mah and charge that way. It depends on what charger you own on how it will charge. I have the Triton and the Fromeco ION cube and both of those typically ask for an amp setting.