Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

Flashing green IO light

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 06:16 PM
john491
My Feedback: (13)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Flashing green IO light

I have a P-60 SE kero start with 15 hours. When I attempted to start the turbine for the third flight today the IO board had a green light flashing. No other lights come on i.e. the amber and red ones and nothing I could think of would cause trhe sequence of green amber red to start. Anyone have any ideas. The battery was freshly charged and I tried the manual option for starting.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:52 PM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Flashing green IO light

when the green is blinking alone and the turbine is not running and all other lights are functional it's an indication of slow down mode from a failed start. what was your RPM reading???
Old 02-20-2011, 07:29 PM
john491

I'm not sure what is different, but all appears well now. The problem came up when trying to go for the third flight of the day, so I had taken the plane in the shade and charged the battery and flew a couple of other planes. Probably an hour since the previous flight. I fueled up and went to start and only got the flashing green light.
Thanks for your help.
John
Old 02-21-2011, 03:07 AM
Xairflyer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: KC36330

when the green is blinking alone and the turbine is not running and all other lights are functional it's an indication of slow down mode from a failed start. what was your RPM reading???
The turbine was'nt running at the time, or had failed to start from what he says as he never got that far, I assume when he switched on the green light was flashing.
The fact you mentioned putting it in the shade says it must be hot where you are and probably the EGT probe was just registering a higher than normal reading preventing the turbine from going into start sequence.

If it happens again plug in your GSU and check the EGT reading, if it this problem starts to occur more frequent, check that the EGT probe is reading what should be the temp that day whether it is in your workshop or at the field. It may need calibrating or even replacing.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:46 PM
john491

OK
It happened today that I got only a flashing green light on the I/O board before the first start attempt. When I checked with the GSU the temp reading flashed back and forth with 'xxx' and 'xEx. I would assume this is a temperature error code. How do I fix?
John
Old 02-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Thud_Driver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

That's an indication of no communiation between the ECU and engine., i.e. a data cable problem most likely.  Try a different one or at least unplug and replug both ends.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:56 PM
john491

OK,
Thanks for tha advise. The cable between the turbine and the ECU was bad. The light no longer flashes, but I won't be able to check until tomorrow if the turbine lights off as this was my cable for link to the GSU. I'll pick up another at Florida Jets.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:03 AM
Harley Condra
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought all of the suppies necessary to fabricate my own cables. Everthing you need is available at Radio Shack and/or Home Depot.
This will allow you to make up the length cable you need.....no more folded up excess cable to tuck away.
The cable and the RK-11 plugs depicted are from Home Depot...the crimper is fron Radio Shack.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61419.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	1595025