Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

p60 cough and splutter

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 12:25 PM
budjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p60 cough and splutter

got a problem with a p60se,it coughs and splutters on transision from idle upto about half power then clears,sometimes splutters at half power and does not reach full revs,have fitted new pump,still same.checked all fuel lines for kinks or leaks non found.got me baffled..
Old 08-06-2012, 12:55 PM
B-727 Driver

Default RE: p60 cough and splutter

I had the same indication on a P-120. Upon Jet Cat's advice, I went into the Limits menu on the GCU, and corrected the problem. With the GCU plugged in, power up the system, and go to the limits menu. Find "Idle Response", and see that there are (4) settings: Normal, Fast, Slow, and Very slow. I had to change from Normal to Slow. (You change this by selecting "Change Value" That cured my problem.

Try it, that sounds like a possible cure. If it doesn't cure it, change it back to the previous settin.g
Old 08-08-2012, 10:39 AM
chrigui

Default RE: p60 cough and splutter

set to slow accelleration, if the problem continues check the combustion chamber and injector system.
check also the kerostart valves (must to be closed and without lack)