Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

P-140RX Twin setup

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 07:29 PM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P-140RX Twin setup

I have searched quite a few pages in this forum and cant find a topic about twin setup so I am hoping this will be helpful for others. I have gone through the manual and JetCat does not have anything in it about twin operation, which I thought was a little interseting. I am wondering what you guys think the best way is or at least the options. I think the obvious way would be to learn RC on the ECU's seperately and then of course "Y" the channels together and then start each turbine via the GSU. I would like to know if there is an autostart option and if it is simple.

Thanks!
Old 08-21-2012, 08:42 PM
ddennison
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: P-140RX Twin setup

Hi,

I run my p120s in the A10 just as you describe. ECUs are Y to throttle channel. Each side learns with the power to one turbine/ecu at a time. The start-up is set to "sequence". Once the throttle trim is up, the GSU is used to start one and then the next. Control is returned to the transmitter once the low throttle is learned, then ready to go. I run a weatronic receiver and then set the radio failsafe in the receiver program.

Hope that helps,
Dave
Old 09-04-2012, 03:48 AM
Aussie Bart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run a couple of twin setups (2 x P140, 2 x P120 and 2 x P80) and they are all setup the same. Common throttle channel with each ECU individually taught, one motor set to immediate start the other to sequence. When the trim is set to full, the first motor starts. Once the first motor has started but before it learns low, I put the throttle stickto full which then starts the second motor, after it starts, move the throttle stick back to idle and the both learn low.

I do install the Jetcat mini GSU's permanantly in these planes so I can see the full start sequence to ensure that they have lit off.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:02 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Ian,

The instructions for twin setup are on page 41 of the online manual

http://www.jetcatusa.com/PDFFiles/In...l%20V6.0J2.pdf

I would suggest one turbine be sequence and one in immediate mode:

In single channel mode->
Place one ECU in SEQUENCE mode and the other in IMMEDIATE mode. First have both the throttle trim and stick at their minimum positions. Then by moving the throttle trim to the maximum position will start the engine in IMMEDIATE mode.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:46 PM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I setup up two throttle channels. Each motor has an independent trim button but use the j3 stick. I am able to start one engine at at a time and I can shut off the engines one at a time. With Futaba the second motor is on " throttle 2".