Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

P120 not reaching full RPM

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 05:53 PM
RONW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P120 not reaching full RPM

Hi, I have been reading posts on similar problems. My P120 will not reach the 123K commanded, it only gets to 115K. The turbine was returned from JetCat Germany in this condition.
Have done plenty of checking and testing and even tried a factory reset, same result. Got some help from a JetCat agent who tried to talk us through this PID thing but only managed to get another 2K, maybe we did not get the directions correct
The maximum pump voltage shows 2.5V for the RPM reached. A new BVM UAT is used. Filter was checked and engine run without filter, no different.
I noticed in the threads on this subject that several slightly different methods are put forward to reset the PID so I am not sure if they are all correct or for slightly different resets, they are;

1st method; While in idle hold the manual key and slowly accelerate to full power for 20/30 seconds. Release key and return to idle.
2nd method; Go to full power and stabilise. Hold manual key for 30 seconds. Should see 'Storing Pump Parameters' message.
3rd method; Go to full power. Press manual key + right arrow key. Should see 'Storing Pump Parameters' message.

I am now in the process of removing the turbine and putting it on a test stand for more thorough checking of the whole fuel system and components
Old 01-24-2015, 09:57 PM
Thud_Driver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

#3 is correct. Go to full power, press and hold the Manual button and press and hold the Rt Arrow (+) button until it gets to max rpm. A "Saving Parameters" message should flash by.

The max pump voltage you mention is low enough that it's not likely a bad pump. My SE runs 3.10 to 3.40 and the non-SE runs 2.80 to 3.15.

I've had engines come back from service set to the wrong max rpm. So, just to be sure, you said "123K rpm commanded". I presume you saw that on the GSU (lower number right side) and it also says that for Max RPM in Limits, right?? You did the "soft" reset by holding down the Select Menu button until it reset, right??